Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Huns v Good Guys

Games are going to be coming thick and fast in lead up to winter break.

Probably worst possible place to start.

Fancy they'll come flying out of the traps smelling blood.

Got the fear to be honest, but please please prove me wrong.

Team wise obviously GMS out, think McLennan did enough on Sunday to justify a start, but doubt that McInnes will pitch him in from the start. Maybe Scott Wright to start on left side as he has played effectively there before. Other than that doubt there will be many changes unless Devlin is back (think unless he is 100%, then we'll keep Considine in central defence)

Can't at this moment see anything other than a Hun victory but no idea of margin. Defeat however is going to see us a long long way behind them  :mad:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a feeling Devlin will still be missing for this one. Defence were fine against Celtic so no changes there. Midfield also did well and going man for man limited Celtic's creativity. Sevco aren't as good as Celtic but I think using the same tactics would stifle them and get the orc hordes turning on them if they haven't scored by the hour mark.

McLennan definitely deserves a start, sevco's weaknesses are down both flanks and I reckon he could tear either Tavernier or Flanagan a new one.

Up front is our big dilemma. Personally I don't want to see Wilson get another minute on the park till he fucks off. I think sevco would love us to play Cosgrove, their central defenders are huge but have no great pace but could easily handle anything Cosgrove could throw at them. Easy thing to do would be to start May who would give them no peace but I think it's time we need to see if Anderson sinks or swims and give him the start. If he is ineffectual we can always throw May on in place of him after 60 minutes.

With No Devlin and GMS getting a point out of this one would be a decent result I think

Lewis

Logan - McKenna - Devlin - Lowe

Wright - Ferguson - Ball - McLennan

Anderson - Cosgrove

If Devlin not fit, Considine

Drop the fucking captain. Post a message. Have a go.

Edit: that's a 4-2-1 with three floaters.

Ferguson and Ball are fixed in the middle with Cosgrove ahead of them but Wright and McLennan should swap wings regularly and with Anderson, should be fluid in formation and be buzzing around looking to feed off Cosgrove as well as picking up from Logan and Lowe as well.

I once attended a game at Ibrox which DUFC won 1-2. In the very first minute, Kevin Gallacher sprinted from left to right touchlines, shadowed by John Brown. He kept running and Brown kept following, knackering him out within 10 minutes. Gallacher scored the winner in the second half. That's what our three youngsters can do. Run like fuck and confuse and tire the opposition. Just sprint into space. It doesn't matter where the play is. Gerrard's mules are so thick they will follow and we can pick them off later.

BigAl, I had the fear for the Semi against them, thankfully that was quashed, although I do feel them having no Morelos or Lafferty was the reason we progressed. Both will be available Wednesday night, Morelos will be the one to play, he needs special attention, as he is undeniably a terrific Striker, causes all sorts of problems.

I think if we approach it the way we approached the Semi, we have a fighting chance, but now we're missing GMS, who gave Flanagan a torrid time in the Semi, so we're probably even less of a goal threat now. However, keep it tight, get the balance of defending and attacking correct, we can win.

For me, it's the perfect game to take yesterdays frustrations out on, turn up, shut they cretins up and take 3 points home. For a mob that's a class above, they've failed to beat us on 2 occasions, albeit they'll still finish above us this season.

Same team from yesterday, can't believe I am about to say this though, replace GMS with May, but keep Cosgrove up partnering May, keep at their defenders, as they like to play it between themselves, so don't let them, make them resort to long balls that hopefully should be meat and drink to our defenders.

Heart says another 1-0 Dandy win, head says a comfortable defeat.

Thankfully to busy at work to make it through on Wednesday. Going to go against flow on here and say that would not have Cosgrove and Ball anywhere near the team on Wednesday. No point in having a striker on the field who cannot score. Ball might be full of energy but when he cannot pass the ball to his own team then he should not be starting a game where possession of the ball is going to be so important. Would say McLennan did enough to start would maybe have him and Wright wide with McGinn in behind May or Anderson. Defence did nothing wrong on Sunday so unless he is 100% would not rush Devlin back. Tribute Act will be flying after going top of the league in December for the first time in their history. They will go for us from the off.

Oot

Work

Flat

Flat

2-0 no Dons scorer.

Going to go against flow on here and say that would not have Cosgrove and Ball anywhere near the team on Wednesday. No point in having a striker on the field who cannot score. Ball might be full of energy but when he cannot pass the ball to his own team then he should not be starting a game where possession of the ball is going to be so important.

That's not going against the flow, I don't think. You're right that those two aren't anywhere good enough to get a start in a good, winning team. It's just that McInnes has recruited so utterly badly that we've got a majority of footballers who are over the age of 21 who aren't anywhere near enough for AFC and when we know from bitter experience that he won't give our younger players a fair or decent run, we're left with scraping around amongst dross to find a team to put out.

The biggest problems won't change until Milne and McInnes get to fuck and that's not happening any month soon.

I'd go with that Jute, more than fair enough. Cosgrove is fine if he's got a scoring and more mobile striker off him.  He doesn't have that.  I'm not convinced Anderson is the answer just yet, but fuck it, he's full of beans and will hate the huns.  Let him fire right on.

According to Tony Docherty, Devlin won't be back for this game either, whilst defensively we were very good in the Cup Final, I'd still rather see Devlin/McKenna than Considine/McKenna, Morelos is a threat, best Striker in the League in my opinion, so hopefully with McKenna's stature and Considine's experience, they can manage him well enough.

I think we're going to try and score from set pieces as opposed to open play, obviously we'll try and score from open play, but our game plan won't revolve around that, it'll be a defensive mindset and hope to make the most of Set Pieces, a very sad indictment of where we are currently, due to what we have at our disposal, made a lot more difficult without GMS. Still not sure who will play instead of him, will he go for McLennan or Wright, as natural replacements or will he revert back to putting May or Wilson up top?

Can't believe Tony Doc actually came out in the press and said our strikers are as good as theirs  :rofl:

There's backing your team and then there's just lying. This is firmly the latter, even the stats back it.

Anyway hoping we get a draw from this, if only to pipe those pricks down.

Cosgrove sent off for two yellows first for being late second for getting kicked.

If being late is worthy of yellow both MacAuley and the black goonie Morelos should also be off.

Every time an Aberdeen player goes near a hun they’re on the deck.

Huns just passive possession then hoof.

Cosgrove sent off for two yellows first for being late second for getting kicked.

If being late is worthy of yellow both MacAuley and the black goonie Morelos should also be off.

Every time an Aberdeen player goes near a hun they’re on the deck.

Huns just passive possession then hoof.

Yet another Scottish game where VAR would have made a difference. Definitely seems a double standard at present.

Used to be a mans game back in the day.

Hurry up and make it non contact and cut out this shite referreing.

Exactly what the fuck is the purpose of the assistant who is standing close to the incident and does fuck all

https://streamable.com/k8d5m

The assistant didn't do fuck all though, he correctly flagged for a goal kick. It was the ref, who hasn't kept up with the game all night decided he'd overrule. It's a fucking shocker of a decision, a really really bad one. Cosgrove took the ball, foot flat, and then was kicked on the underside of the foot by the smaller player. Just a fucking disgrace.

That cunt Coulibaly's challenge on Shinnie (who's been excellent) goes unpunished, then he books Morelos for a pretty much nothing challenge two seconds later because Shinnie had a go at him. He's too fucking weak to be a ref.

McLean proving that it is possible, after all, to be a worse referee then Cunt Dallas