Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

My Favourite Players Gone AWOL

SeeBass

Just seen something online that said last winner of Ballon D'or before Messi and Ronaldo dominated was Brazil's Kaka.  When I first saw him play for AC M ilan in Champions League one instantly made him my new favourite foreign player ever!!  I was gutted to see his talent goto waste after leaving San Siro.

Anybody got a favourite player they were sad to see just lose everything they had going for them??   

Didn't go AwOL as such or waste his talents, just bad luck with a career ending injury.

Probably just before your time SeaBass.....I'm talking about Stuart Kennedy, who got a bad cruciate injury in the 2nd leg of the CWC semi against Waterschei. Obviously he missed the Final but everyone thought he would be back by Xmas at the latest and at 30 would still have 4 or 5 years left. IIRC Ferguson was very cagey when he was asked about how Kennedy was doing in his recovery but the cat was out the bag when just after Xmas we forked out for McKimmie from Dundee.

You hear the pundits to this day banging on about who was the best right back between McGrain and Jardine both of whom were slightly older. I certainly wouldn't have swapped Kennedy for either of them. He was taller and faster than both of them with an absolute Rolls Royce of an engine and capable of playing anywhere along the back 4. Travesty he had to retire when he did.

Loved Stuart Kennedy back in the day.Remember randomly bumping into him in Blackburn that summer and asking when he thought he'd be back.Was quite hopeful he'd be back earlyish in the new season..... Never played again.

Great player,great moustache.Bring back the mouser,enough of these creepy Amish beards....

Kennedy was excellent... despite his facial hair.

You brought it up, not me!

But I thank you for the opportunity...

Agree on beardness. I despise them, both the beard and the people who have them.

Disagree on moustaches. I despise them too.

Dinna like facial hair period. It's like they're trying to hide something, or they don't like their own face. The late Francis Bacon is one of the greatest artists of all time and boy did he despise his own face. His self loathing was on an industrial scale but he never got so pathetic that he didn't shave.

Ok already, some of you are proud of the shite on your faces and you're going to argue that it facilitates cunnilingus but it just makes you look like a fuddish cunt in my eyes.

Edit: Live and let live I say. I'm not going to not let you live or kill you if you choose a beard or a moustache. I just can't help my instinct being repulsed by your appearance however.

Fair enough rocket, my take is a little different.  For me people without beards are women and children

On the contrary, a mate of ours used to often say "show us yer beard" to attractive lassies within our locale, normally a drinking establishment in Aberdeen city centre. It was said quickly and in a tone and pitch that would have made it extremely difficult to understand and highly unlikely to be interpreted by the intended recipient, even if she knew that she was the target, which was more often than not, not the case. These were days when fuds grew naturally and the shaving of pubic hair was rare.

Beards would be okay if they weren't a "thing". As soon as they became a "thing" then they became shite, ruining it for pre-"thing" beardies.

My face is too beautiful to be hidden, so I don't grow a beard (which would take me approximately 63 years to accomplish if attempted).