Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Proving My Disability

SeeBass

After being told by the Department For Works And Pensions in November 2016 I wasn't going to be bothered again til at least November 2026 I find myself once again having to prove I'm disabled regarding yet more form filling.  One is really scared being called for a face to face assessment because don't think anybody other than my GP and Neurologist Dr Connor actually accept there is a life long condition we are going through which might over time get worse.  Already undertaking said Botox Injection programme in leg that does suffer from our condition Hemiplegia.  A second Neurologist Dr Simpson is hoping it may stop things like arthritis arriving sooner.  Guess their playing a waiting game before knowing if procedure will have any effect.  Literally been walking on one's left toes 39 years now so overall health certainly compromised by this.  See explaining brain injury following birth too.  Absolute NIGHTMARE!!!  Some female friend gave us such hassle when awarded Personal Independent Payment November 2016 and hasn't spoken to me since because I dared sticking up for myself.  Even went ahead with complaining toward her boss at betting shop where reaction yours truly gave in light of aforementioned nastiness via lass!! 

Does anybody have an opinion on anything I've talked about??  Sick of justifying Mr Seymour's existence to people who just don't care whether they ruin Lee or not. 

Is this anything to do with the move onto Universal Credit?

Whatever, try not to get overstressed. Your GP/Consultant should get asked to provide a medical report outlining your conditions/prognosis/how they affect you day to day. Should be enough to get DWP off your back for a bit but if you are feeling like giving them some grief back, write to your MP asking them to back your case (make sure to point out the "no bother till Nov 2026" that you were told....if you have this in writing send a photocopy with your letter).

It will all work out in the end.

SF