Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

What is our best team

Assuming McInnes has a full squad to pick from (no injuries or suspensions) and he is going to go for it (not try to nick a point or try to stop the opposition playing, just concentrating on our potential to win games) what, now we've all had the chance to assess the squad, is his best team?

As above, the team more or less picks itself now. The only question marks are on the ‘No.9’ and ‘No.10’ positions.

We’re suffering a bit from Forrester being pap as we don’t really have a ‘No.10’ to be the main creative outlet in the centre.

Scott Allan will become available from the Dhims in January. He would solve the number 10 problem at a stroke but for certain Hivs will be in for him as well.

Right now our best 11 is the one that started on Friday. When we inevitably pick up injuries/suspensions, Consi covers central defence/left back, Ball covers defensive midfield, Wright attacking midfield/wings and Anderson covers attack. Cosgrove covers the "let's do random shit" option.

We do need cover for Logan....indeed we might even need to replace him if he chooses not to sign a contract extension. He obviously loves the club but his kids are down south and I can see him leaving for a club like Bury or Rochdale next season.

I'd hope we can keep McKenna till next summer at least but if a club offers £7.5million in January I think he will be allowed to talk to them. That would leave us needing a new CH but clubs would know we had cash to burn and charge over inflated prices accordingly. I reckon DM would get £1.5 million of it to spend...I'd be happy going with Consi till season's end and get better value long term with a free transfer and using the cash to give better long term contracts to Joe, Devlin, GMS (if he will sign) and maybe offer Derby £500k for Lowe to see if they bite.