Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

AberDNA event

Wasn't there, but been reading some of the comments on it.

Training facility cost has risen to £11.5m due to ground works proving more problematic, and the club have now decided to install a hybrid training pitch (and will install one in stadium too).

They say had Aberdeen made group stages of Europa League, capacity would have been 13,000 due to Uefa restrictions. This hasn't been explained anywhere, doesn't sound very plausible. No-one there appears to have questioned them on it.

Wasn't there, but been reading some of the comments on it.

Training facility cost has risen to £11.5m due to ground works proving more problematic, and the club have now decided to install a hybrid training pitch (and will install one in stadium too).

They say had Aberdeen made group stages of Europa League, capacity would have been 13,000 due to Uefa restrictions. This hasn't been explained anywhere, doesn't sound very plausible. No-one there appears to have questioned them on it.

From what i've heard there were no questions allowed from the floor.

That kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion.

From what i've heard there were no questions allowed from the floor.

That kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion.

Anyone who signed up to DNA is too pliant to question authority. Probably.

I don't believe for a second that Pittodrie's capacity would have been restricted to 13K. That seems like an outright lie.

Anyone who signed up to DNA is too pliant to question authority. Probably.

I don't believe for a second that Pittodrie's capacity would have been restricted to 13K. That seems like an outright lie.

Well said. Bang on. Milne pushing his agenda.

Plus, £11.5m? There's at least 5 or 6 million of cream in there. This is how rich people get richer. By greed and theft. But it's OUR money that Milne has been stealing and he's stealing our football and our history too. The semi final v. them was the best bounce since before any of my kids were born, 28.5 years ago. Two league cups since then for a club of our resources, potential and record is a disgrace.

Well said. Bang on. Milne pushing his agenda.

Plus, £11.5m? There's at least 5 or 6 million of cream in there. This is how rich people get richer. By greed and theft. But it's OUR money that Milne has been stealing and he's stealing our football and our history too. The semi final v. them was the best bounce since before any of my kids were born, 28.5 years ago. Two league cups since then for a club of our resources, potential and record is a disgrace.

Best bounce in 28.5 years? Actually, the Burnley bounce was cracking.

And it'll be three league cups in a few weeks.

You got the McInnes wage slip yet to show us?

Best bounce in 28.5 years? Actually, the Burnley bounce was cracking.

And it'll be three league cups in a few weeks.

You got the McInnes wage slip yet to show us?

If you were to ask 1,000 Aberdeen fans who were at both games, the overwhelming majority - approaching unanimity - would consider the Rangers semi the better bounce than Burnley. I thought you might have known this? The fact that you contest it may be revealing, if anyone gave enough of a fuck to ponder such.

The Burnley game was a cracking atmosphere (and the first full house at Pittodrie for many a moon) and a good laugh too - one nil to the Sunday League - but you don't have a clue what you're talking about - sorry, let me rephrase, you don't have a clue what Aberdeen fans feel and think - if you put those two games anywhere close in the same bounce bracket.

I've been known to disagree with Rocket's opinions from time to time but he is on the money this time.

Both were enjoyable but beating THEM against all the odds, all the pundits views and after all the fiasco of the timing of the game etc puts in my opinion the Hun game way above the night against Burnley

I've been known to disagree with Rocket's opinions from time to time

Just as I have been known to disagree with you. But correct me if I'm wrong but you and I have never fallen out over our differences of opinions. We should be an example to everybody Al. Love golf. Love the Dons. Get pisched. Shag women (or just the wife if that's the personal choice).

If you were to ask 1,000 Aberdeen fans who were at both games, the overwhelming majority - approaching unanimity - would consider the Rangers semi the better bounce than Burnley. I thought you might have known this? The fact that you contest it may be revealing, if anyone gave enough of a fuck to ponder such.

The Burnley game was a cracking atmosphere (and the first full house at Pittodrie for many a moon) and a good laugh too - one nil to the Sunday League - but you don't have a clue what you're talking about - sorry, let me rephrase, you don't have a clue what Aberdeen fans feel and think - if you put those two games anywhere close in the same bounce bracket.

" The fact that you contest it may be revealing"

Weird comment, but then it's from you and baffling comments are the norm.

I was actually talking about the bounce down at Burnley in the away leg. I didn't actually say it was better than Hampden, but in that exact moment - the result is irrelevant because it's the goal we were celebrating - it was just as gorgeous.

Just as I have been known to disagree with you. But correct me if I'm wrong but you and I have never fallen out over our differences of opinions. We should be an example to everybody Al. Love golf. Love the Dons. Get pisched. Shag women (or just the wife if that's the personal choice).

Pretty much that.

You just need a slap now and again though  :thumbsup:

I was actually talking about the bounce down at Burnley in the away leg. I didn't actually say it was better than Hampden, but in that exact moment - the result is irrelevant because it's the goal we were celebrating - it was just as gorgeous.

In your defence Dunty that was some bounce as well even though at the time I had absolutely no fucking idea who had scored or indeed the quality of the goal. Thats what happens when I start drinking @ 9am and don't stop ;)

Still not up there with last Sunday for me though for all the reasons I stated earlier.

Back on topic ;)

13,000, how the hell can they justify that?  Pitch distance from stand I could understand so you lose a few rows, but fail to see the justification for that. Would really like to hear what rules would dictate that.

I'm glad they're installing a hybrid pitch though, not sure why they weren't going for it in the first instance.  When's it due for completion, next summer?

Back on topic ;)

13,000, how the hell can they justify that?  Pitch distance from stand I could understand so you lose a few rows, but fail to see the justification for that. Would really like to hear what rules would dictate that.

I'm glad they're installing a hybrid pitch though, not sure why they weren't going for it in the first instance.  When's it due for completion, next summer?

Someone suggested (don't know if they're correct as club haven't answered it), that the whole South Stand would have been closed due to not having enough toilets and catering facilities.

But what I want to know is, did Uefa actually say this to Aberdeen, or do Aberdeen look at the UEFA guidelines and take them as read, ignoring the fact most clubs get dispensation.