Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Leicester City Helicopter Tragedy

SeeBass

How genuine is the outpouring from afar when disaster in football does occur?????  I was having a discussion with my friend regarding one can sometime feel said overall reaction ain't fake persae but an incident like Leicester City tragedy will get forgotten about within two week because event hasn't happened to your own team.  When Manchester City (do support them) lost Marc Vivien-Foe I'm not sure passing has ever been mentioned since.  Personally speaking I've never cried so much aforementioned evening he passed away.  Just over 15 year on now as well. 

Not sure the point of this thread but I don't think anyone will "forget" what happened. On the contrary, I reckon I'll be reminded of it every time I see the name Leicester City and most certainly when they're playing at the King Power.

The bigger question you may be touching on is who gives a fuck? If I shed a tear for every tragedy that happens, it would be daily. It was particularly impressive how popular the owner was and that makes this a bigger tragedy but it's not my team, I never knew the guy so I'm not stopping to give it any extra consideration.

Neale Cooper's untimely death is something I'll never forget because I knew him since school and he similarly touched a lot of hearts. Everybody reacts to situations like these in their own way, something that the people at Leicester were saying. "Remoteness of damage" is a legal term in Scots law (if I remember right) and it depends how close and personally involved we are to any situation. There does seem to be a tragedy-wallowing culture however, where certain folk gravitate towards it but that's maybe to do with their own sad lives.

Far too many minute's silences being held these days.

Sure it was a tragedy but it was a Leicester City incident and as far as I'm concerned should only have had them observing a minute's silence. I could probably (reluctantly) accept the other EPL clubs doing so too but there is just no way Scottish clubs should have been told to do so.

Cannot stand this pseudo outpouring of grief that is being forced upon everyone these days.

Far too many minute's silences being held these days.

Sure it was a tragedy but it was a Leicester City incident and as far as I'm concerned should only have had them observing a minute's silence. I could probably (reluctantly) accept the other EPL clubs doing so too but there is just no way Scottish clubs should have been told to do so.

Cannot stand this pseudo outpouring of grief that is being forced upon everyone these days.

Totally agree. I found it utterly meaningless. Would we have had a minute's silence for any other European club chairman? If not, why do we feel the need to link Scottish and English fitba in some way? They're not related at all.

The "book of condolences" phenomena is an interesting modern development. I've never signed one and never will. It's fucking sick, being all about the person signing rather than the person departed. I've never laid a wreath nor a fucking teddy bear and you won't find me being the 14th million person saying the same thing on some social media outlet when someone famous kicks the bucket.

Perfectly observed as it was, the need for the minutes silence was questionable. Not that it bothered me either way.

There might be a whopping court case coming up or maybe he owned his own helicopter and skimped on the servicing of it, after all, almost everyone who got that rich is a mercenary ruthless cunt, whatever their public persona. Accidents aren't allowed to happen these days. There always has to be blame. The contractor (if there was one or the vendor maybe) who supplied the chopper and the manufacturer of it will be having nervous sleeps just now.

Whizzing away on a helicopter that close to the end of a game seems a bit dodgy to me.

I was however impressed how popular an owner of a club could be so let's just admit he may well have been a decent bloke.

No fuckin way should there have been a minutes silence at Pittodrie though.

This wasn't a crowd tragedy ( although it could have been) this was a really rich bloke in a helicopter.