Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Chris Forrester - Finished?

Left out of the squad yet again, for a 2nd or 3rd time in a row I think?

I thought he was maybe injured, but he's played in the last 2 or 3 reserve fixtures, so clearly not injured, I am reluctant to say that he's finished already, as we paid a decent fee by our standards, for him. But there is clearly something amiss with him. I'll revert back to a post I made a few weeks back, people at one of our reserve games that he featured in, along with Gleeson, said that he looked utterly disinterested.

Is it just a case of giving him more time to settle and adapt or is he just simply not good enough?, or is the manager putting a rocket up his arse?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You always hope a player will come good especially when his previous club once valued him at 1-2 million.. you do wonder though if we've been conned and swallowed a load of shite?

It's upto the player now to prove himself and work hard to get to where he once supposedly was. But questions must surely be asked of the scouting process here.

You always hope a player will come good especially when his previous club once valued him at 1-2 million.. you do wonder though if we've been conned and swallowed a load of shite?

It's upto the player now to prove himself and work hard to get to where he once supposedly was. But questions must surely be asked of the scouting process here.

I am fairly certain that McInnes himself said they were aware of Forrester after we played a Pre Season friendly against St Pat's Athletic & that we had kept tabs on him.

Someone said he had the potential to be the new Michael Carrick! One of his former coaches or manager, can't mind who. 

My point is, he's being left out of squads entirely now, but playing reserve football, he's either being given the opportunity to get up to speed with Scottish Football, or he's being taught a lesson & being told to shape up or fuck off. Bizarre considering we paid a fee for him, the scouting should have been as thorough as possible, you'd imagine.

It's also very much unlike McInnes.  If he's paid a fee for someone, he'll usually, by hell or high water, find a place for them in the team.  I mean, look at May?

I find the whole things very bizarre and hopefully one of the options you mentioned KFP (being given time) is how it pans out. 

That said, as I said in the other thread, I wouldn't be bothered if we never saw him or Gleeson again.

He looks an enigmatic sort.Heard comments he's 'looked amazing' in training,but cant seem to carry it over on matchday.Whether he doesnt suit our style of play,or cant handle the oppositions,or he's just a bit of a pansy,looks like he isnt going to cut it unless he finds his Mojo soon

He looks an enigmatic sort.Heard comments he's 'looked amazing' in training,but cant seem to carry it over on matchday.Whether he doesnt suit our style of play,or cant handle the oppositions,or he's just a bit of a pansy,looks like he isnt going to cut it unless he finds his Mojo soon

Indeed, that came from Andrew Shinie on RedTV, he said that everyone said he was one of the best players in training, but as Rico ( I think it was him ) rightly said, training and games are completely different of course, I can't see there being the same level of intensity in terms of pressing and tackles etc...

Manc, I am still very hopeful that both players come good, sound like a broken record, but Gleeson especially, has the pedigree, just perhaps not showing it or perhaps young Ferguson has surpassed expectations, immediately limiting both Gleeson and Forrester's game time.

Left out again today, and Campbell was called on to the bench when Gleeson got injured in the warm up. I fear it is all but over for him, already. Never saw McInnes' pre match interviews though, was Forrester injured for this one or was he just left out of the squad altogether again?

Presume he's just left out. He's been turning out for the reserves.

• 4 weeks later...

Know it's a couple of weeks ago, but is there smoke without fire  :dunno:

He's not even playing for the reserves now. He was for a few weeks, but not been in their squads either. He is finished, I will be utterly astounded ( Literally ) if this guy makes another appearance for us. Mental and a stark reminder that McInnes spent cash on him. He's not even bothered his arse to try and repay it ( Forrester I mean )

Coming from Peterborough where they don't pay pennies to their players.........Jason Naismith went there in the summer in preference to us (we couldnt match what they are paying him)........Forrester is going to be in our top 5 or 6 earners, I'd imagine at least £4k/week but maybe even more.

I'm sure we would write off the £200k transfer fee to get him out but a League of Ireland club.....even Dundalk....I doubt could even pay half of what we are shelling out every week. I agree that there's no smoke without fire but to get him out we are going to have to rely on either the player himself agreeing to cancel his contract with us (unlikely) or accept that as well as writing off the transfer fee, we may well have to subsidise his wages elsewhere to quite a substantial degree.

Whoever scouted him should be tarred and feathered....

Just read on Social Media that Forrester's Sister has passed away. I guess that might be a reason for his absence in the training pictures, or perhaps even be the reason for his underwhelming start here, maybe she was suffering an illness and it has been on his mind? In any case, sad news for the lad. I feel like a bit of a cunt for this thread now.

Was it suicide? It just said sudden death (or Golden Goal as it was called for a while).

Shame like. Wasn't aware that suicide was rife in the forces, but I suppose it makes sense. I assumed that bullying was actually part of the training if you know what I mean? I couldn't hack it like. Being told what to do wouldn't really work for me.

Was it suicide? It just said sudden death (or Golden Goal as it was called for a while).

Shame like. Wasn't aware that suicide was rife in the forces, but I suppose it makes sense. I assumed that bullying was actually part of the training if you know what I mean? I couldn't hack it like. Being told what to do wouldn't really work for me.

No idea if it was suicide. Was just saying. It was the first thing that crossed my mind.

I also could never have hacked that shit.

Being told what to do wouldn't really work for me.

This got me thinking....

I wouldn't have a problem being told what to do if I believed in the teller and I understood why I was meant to be doing it. I can't be a pawn in someone else's game however, which is why I've been my own boss for 25 years. From memory and some of your posts, am I right that you're also your own boss?

Never having had a good boss nor a mentor, I kind of grew to resent authority. In fact, I detested the vast majority of my managers over the years and didn't have even an ounce of respect for any of them. So I guess I'm very thankful that I worked for fools. I wouldn't have found out shit if I'd been a cog in someone else's wheel. Yin and Yang. Karma and Destiny. War and Love.