Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Booze in Grounds

Jute

First bevvy I ever had at fitba was on the North Bank, Highbury. Pints in a real glass about 35 years ago, we couldn't believe it.

Scottish people are considered incapable of behaving properly with a drink in, thus the ban at football grounds.

What's the score at Murrayfield? I've never been to the rugby in my life and I haven't been fucked up the arse and I never went to public school neither but do the beirdie weirdie faggots who love the egg chasing get to drink duding their rugger bugger experience?

First bevvy I ever had at fitba was on the North Bank, Highbury. Pints in a real glass about 35 years ago, we couldn't believe it.

Scottish people are considered incapable of behaving properly with a drink in, thus the ban at football grounds.

What's the score at Murrayfield? I've never been to the rugby in my life and I haven't been fucked up the arse and I never went to public school neither but do the beirdie weirdie faggots who love the egg chasing get to drink duding their rugger bugger experience?

At the Rugby you take drink to your seat for the internationals at Murrayfield from memory. Comes in a plastic bottle or glass.

Just to add I was there with work on corporate entertainment and have never attended a public school or was involved in any of the above activities.

Sometimes I just don't get this country (Scotland) and what it is trying to achieve with some weird laws.

The selling of alcoholic drinks in football grounds is not on (corporate excepted), but you can do so at Rugby, Ice Hockey and at just about all music events.

The Scottish government positively discriminates against a sport, most would argue the main sport of Scotland and gets around it by saying football fans can't behave themselves with a drink in one week, but these same people can go to a rugby/ice hockey match or a gig the next and that's okay?

It's absolutely bizarre in my view.

The Glasgow police, under the guise of "Police Scotland" are dead set against any licensing matters that would allow your average, ordinary punter to be served a nice cold beer on the concourse, before during or after a match, because thousands of pissed up Glasgow neds had a fight on the pitch at Hampden almost 40 years ago.

Almost 40 years ago mind!

Surely Scottish society has changed beyond recognition in those years?

We aren't asking to bring in cases of beer with pretty ladies on the back like happened back then.

We aren't asking to be able to bring 3 litre bottles of rocket fuel cider or cases of Whitbread like happened back then.

We ARE asking to be treated with civility and equality that other entertainment events enjoy.

This Scottish government has banged the drum about equality for years. Equal pay, equal rights, gay marriage and so on, all about equality, yet people, just because they follow football, are treated unequally by this draconian law.

Just because I have enjoyed a couple of beers at a football match, doesn't mean that I am going to go on the rampage and start a rammy with opposition supporters. I must admit though that I am rather looking forward to having a pee in the gardens of Westhill, but that might be because of the piss flavoured bovril.

I am old enough to remember being able to buy beer at Pittodrie and other grounds in Scotland without incident.

I've been to sporting events around the UK including football, where I have enjoyed a pre/during/after match beer.

I've sat in stadia in the US where guys have come around the seats with a giant beer urn on their backs and served me a beer, which admittedly was mostly foam, but beer none the less.

I've yet to witness US football/baseball crowds kick off because they have enjoyed a few beers at the game.

Sometimes it's quite the opposite with cars setting up in the car park prior to the game in the common American practice of "Tailgating" before games.

I can't imagine Police Scotland ever agreeing to allowing beer to be sold inside Scottish football grounds, and once again ladies and gents, it would appear to be the case that Glasgow culture, such as it is, may be the thing on police minds here.

I'm not saying that other clubs, including Aberdeen, do not have an element that can cause problems, but the police obviously have a fear that a certain 2 clubs supporters will go at it hammer and tongs after a helping of Eldorado or Buckfast, and therefore, the rest of Scotland's football supporters have to suffer the indignity of not being able to enjoy a sociable beer with their pals, while their egg chasing and black pudding slice sclaffing counterparts can down as much as they can take.

Scotland has grown up a lot in the last 40 years and it's morally wrong for the government to positively discriminate against football fans while banging it's own drum to the supposed beat of equality.

I'm off for a beer.

Almost 40 years ago you say?

I was at that game, glad the Hun got beat but with no wish to watch Celtic lift the trophy we got out at the final whistle and missed the fun.

I don't ever remember being able to buy beer at Pittodrie.

I remember them lining up the whiskys at the back of the main stand when I was a kid though.

Almost 40 years ago you say?

I don't ever remember being able to buy beer at Pittodrie.

My usual was a pint of lager and bag of Chipmunk crisps, shared with my then to be wife before the match.

We stood at the top of the Beach End overlooking the links course as supporters pissed into the wild grass down the hill.

Before the ban came in it was 25 pence for the crisps and 80 pence for a pint. It wasn't ever a cheap date then as we usually ended up in the Premier Grill for dinner and then a movie at the Queens cinema or the slightly more expensive ABC.

Sometimes I just don't get this country (Scotland) and what it is trying to achieve with some weird laws.

The selling of alcoholic drinks in football grounds is not on (corporate excepted), but you can do so at Rugby, Ice Hockey and at just about all music events.

The Scottish government positively discriminates against a sport, most would argue the main sport of Scotland and gets around it by saying football fans can't behave themselves with a drink in one week, but these same people can go to a rugby/ice hockey match or a gig the next and that's okay?

It's absolutely bizarre in my view.

The Glasgow police, under the guise of "Police Scotland" are dead set against any licensing matters that would allow your average, ordinary punter to be served a nice cold beer on the concourse, before during or after a match, because thousands of pissed up Glasgow neds had a fight on the pitch at Hampden almost 40 years ago.

Almost 40 years ago mind!

Surely Scottish society has changed beyond recognition in those years?

We aren't asking to bring in cases of beer with pretty ladies on the back like happened back then.

We aren't asking to be able to bring 3 litre bottles of rocket fuel cider or cases of Whitbread like happened back then.

We ARE asking to be treated with civility and equality that other entertainment events enjoy.

This Scottish government has banged the drum about equality for years. Equal pay, equal rights, gay marriage and so on, all about equality, yet people, just because they follow football, are treated unequally by this draconian law.

Just because I have enjoyed a couple of beers at a football match, doesn't mean that I am going to go on the rampage and start a rammy with opposition supporters. I must admit though that I am rather looking forward to having a pee in the gardens of Westhill, but that might be because of the piss flavoured bovril.

I am old enough to remember being able to buy beer at Pittodrie and other grounds in Scotland without incident.

I've been to sporting events around the UK including football, where I have enjoyed a pre/during/after match beer.

I've sat in stadia in the US where guys have come around the seats with a giant beer urn on their backs and served me a beer, which admittedly was mostly foam, but beer none the less.

I've yet to witness US football/baseball crowds kick off because they have enjoyed a few beers at the game.

Sometimes it's quite the opposite with cars setting up in the car park prior to the game in the common American practice of "Tailgating" before games.

I can't imagine Police Scotland ever agreeing to allowing beer to be sold inside Scottish football grounds, and once again ladies and gents, it would appear to be the case that Glasgow culture, such as it is, may be the thing on police minds here.

I'm not saying that other clubs, including Aberdeen, do not have an element that can cause problems, but the police obviously have a fear that a certain 2 clubs supporters will go at it hammer and tongs after a helping of Eldorado or Buckfast, and therefore, the rest of Scotland's football supporters have to suffer the indignity of not being able to enjoy a sociable beer with their pals, while their egg chasing and black pudding slice sclaffing counterparts can down as much as they can take.

Scotland has grown up a lot in the last 40 years and it's morally wrong for the government to positively discriminate against football fans while banging it's own drum to the supposed beat of equality.

I'm off for a beer.

Seen plenty of examples of pissed up US sports fans fighting in the stadiums. Just not reported in the same way.