Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Are Footballers Just Thick??

SeeBass

Not really the team's job to learn from it though. Each time they take the field, they are performing to a style and set up that has been formulated by the manager and coaches.

It is McInnes who needs to learn that waht he is setting us up to do this season just isn't effective. Hopefully he also reads the fans forums and understands that we are definitely not impressed with the mind numbing style of play and that some are starting to stay away.

Not really the team's job to learn from it though. Each time they take the field, they are performing to a style and set up that has been formulated by the manager and coaches.

It is McInnes who needs to learn that waht he is setting us up to do this season just isn't effective. Hopefully he also reads the fans forums and understands that we are definitely not impressed with the mind numbing style of play and that some are starting to stay away.

Eh? If players aren't expected to learn anything from matches then they're not going to stay at the level they're playing at for long. They're not robots, so while you'd hope the manager might learn more in a tactical sense, the players still need to be learning all the time.

It doesn't matter if you are a footballer or an accountant, you learn things every day.

It's whether you care enough about what you have learned that defines whether you truly learn from your mistakes.

Not enough footballers care enough about past errors commited, and if that's the case, then it's down to the man selecting the team to select someone else after pointing the continual errors made.

Footballers are thick though. You got that right.

It doesn't matter about what we do for a living. It doesn't matter how well we did at school. It doesn't matter what our intellect or our IQ is. The biggest influence on whether we are capable of learning every day is whether we are of Growth Mindset or Fixed Mindset.

This has been the greatest breakthrough in psychology in our lifetimes in my opinion. No surprise it came out of Stanford University, one of the best seats of learning on the planet, academic or otherwise. Specifically, from Professor Carol Dweck, a marvellous woman.

Slightly before my time but I remember some of our players from the 80's crediting the humping we got off Liverpool as a key contributor for what we achieved in the years that followed.

Aye that was a humping but we had young loons including a 16 year old on the pitch who became superb footballers in the years that followed. I wasn't there but my wife was an Anfield, more than half a decade before we met. That's the secret to a long and successful marriage. Hook up with a girl who supports AFC. Not that she's been to a game since the eldest was a baby, more than a quarter of a century ago.