Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

McInnes. Worth it?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milne paid McInnes over THREE QUARTERS OF A MILLION last season.

Is he worth it?

Look at our annual turnover. Do the maths. Consider WHY the chairman values him?

Is that in the accounts Rocket?

Stunned that we would be paying a manager that sort of money.

I thought that was all heresay.

I don't do hearsay and rumour. The truth will out.

If we stumped up that amount of cash for a manager that has in fact delivered very little in terms of results, i'd be amazed.

It is indeed amazing.

It would be sheer lunacy...

Agreed.

and I can't see Milne paying that sort of money.

You underestimate the value put upon him by Milne (and Cormack) and you need to consider WHY the board delivered grossly inflated incentives for him to stay, including the timing of it (10.5 months ago).

I thought that was all heresay.  If we stumped up that amount of cash for a manager that has in fact delivered very little in terms of results, i'd be amazed.  It would be sheer lunacy and I can't see Milne paying that sort of money.

RS tells the truth.

There's a very good reason McInnes turned down both the sevco and Sunderland jobs and though they were both basket cases at the times he spoke to them, fact is they couldn't (at that point) get close to matching what we are paying him. (Sevco have now had a large cash injection from their mystery donor no doubt partly sparked by their abject horror in having the manager of a "diddy" club turn them down over the package they could offer)

Is DM worth it? One trophy and a raft of second places that have guaranteed European football every season probably says yes in a purely financial sense. But his achievements are tempered by the fact that at one point, Hibs, Hearts and sevco were all in a different division and he has only had sevco in our league for 2 full seasons and Hibs for one. Both of whom, whilst being no world beaters, look to have got their shit in order as do Hearts who have been dreadful in the 3 full seasons he has had to face them. We, meanwhile seem to be on a downward trend....a fairly steep one at that. And whilst usually playing turgid football that would cure the severest of insomniacs.

I've always said that Milne will allow McInnes one dodgy season where his job will be safe unless we found ourselves in relegation difficulties mid season. St Boo, Dundee and Hamilton are sufficiently garbage to ensure that scenario won't happen and though already a top 4 place looks extremely dubious we should comfortably make 5th or 6th at worst. The fans are already grumbling loudly about change being needed. A horsing at Hampden next week and they will become roars. McInnes knows he won't get fired but would he walk??

RS tells the truth.

There's a very good reason McInnes turned down both the sevco and Sunderland jobs and though they were both basket cases at the times he spoke to them, fact is they couldn't (at that point) get close to matching what we are paying him. (Sevco have now had a large cash injection from their mystery donor no doubt partly sparked by their abject horror in having the manager of a "diddy" club turn them down over the package they could offer)

Is DM worth it? One trophy and a raft of second places that have guaranteed European football every season probably says yes in a purely financial sense. But his achievements are tempered by the fact that at one point, Hibs, Hearts and sevco were all in a different division and he has only had sevco in our league for 2 full seasons and Hibs for one. Both of whom, whilst being no world beaters, look to have got their shit in order as do Hearts who have been dreadful in the 3 full seasons he has had to face them. We, meanwhile seem to be on a downward trend....a fairly steep one at that. And whilst usually playing turgid football that would cure the severest of insomniacs.

I've always said that Milne will allow McInnes one dodgy season where his job will be safe unless we found ourselves in relegation difficulties mid season. St Boo, Dundee and Hamilton are sufficiently garbage to ensure that scenario won't happen and though already a top 4 place looks extremely dubious we should comfortably make 5th or 6th at worst. The fans are already grumbling loudly about change being needed. A horsing at Hampden next week and they will become roars. McInnes knows he won't get fired but would he walk??

I have been trying to make this point for several months now, also include Dundee United in this, they were also similar to us before any of the above mentioned teams got relegated/liquidated etc...

We have had a head start if that makes sense, to build a squad capable of withholding Hibs, Hearts and to an extent, Rangers, overtaking us when they inevitably came back in the Premier League, but this season, their squads probably look better on paper and evidently better on the pitch, McInnes knows this, this is the important thing here, just look at how we set up away to Hibs, away to Hearts yesterday and even the first home game of the season against Rangers, for an accomplished 2nd best team in the league, we should be going there confidently, without fear and negativity, ad playing to our strengths, and at home, regardless of opposition, we should be trying to control the game.

How many points have we taken off Rangers & Celtic in comparison to say Kilmarnock, Hibs, hearts as well, not one of those teams go to Ibrox or Parkhead and camp inside their own half, they give as good as they get, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but I am fairly certain they all have taken more points off them. Now when they face them at home, again, they will have taken more points off them than we have.

Players will see a manager work on the training pitch all week leading up to a game, they will immediately know how we're going to set up, that in itself must get inside their heads.

Failing to relocate his family to the North East was an indication that he had no intention of being here long term. This should have been discussed at the interview before the job offer.

Instead, our chairman threw money at him to stay, many years after he had still not committed his future to the club. The last thing Milne needs right now are the fans on his back. He was happy to buy more time and never gave a fuck about the fitba, "the product" as he called it in the mid 90's.

McInnes has taken us for a ride and is set up for life thanks to our charlatan chairman. He will be found out. The truth ALWAYS outs.

I thought that was all heresay.  If we stumped up that amount of cash for a manager that has in fact delivered very little in terms of results, i'd be amazed.  It would be sheer lunacy and I can't see Milne paying that sort of money.

This thread needs a huge pinch of salt.

No facts. Only an agenda.

I personally couldn’t give a fuck where McInnes lives.

Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say

But nothing comes out when they move their lips

Just a bunch of gibberish and motherfuckers forget that they got in their own way

I'm using an Eminem line in a presentation coming up - not that one - but he's got some genius insights.

The joyless are a sad species. Rather than confront the truth that their own repeated failures in life, in love, in relationships, in business, in employment, career choices etc. were actually as a direct consequence of their own inadequacies and fuck-ups, they adopt the unfortunate victimstance position as something to blame, thereby entrenching denial.

Symptoms to be found in the joyless include a lack of enthusiasm, an inability to see anything positive and a bitter resentment towards others who are not as afflicted as they. The consistency in delivery and behaviour defines the terminal nature of their tragedy.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Pre McInnes, the 2012 and 2013 accounts showed turnover of £8.3M and £7.9M with operating losses of £1.1M and £1.7M.

The 2016 and 2017 accounts show turnover of £13.4M and £15.3M with operating profits of £448K and £533K.

On money alone, assuming that what his team has done on the pitch has helped towards the financial upturn then, yes, I think he is worth the money.

There are obviously other arguments for and against DM but on pure finances I don't see how you can say he has taken the club for a ride, that is nonsense. 

I wouldn't believe RS on anything related to McInnes - he has an obvious agenda and I've yet to see any clear facts to back up his claims.

However, even if McInnes is on 750k a year, the prize money from finishing second last year, the cup semi-final last season - not to mention this season's, and money made from the Europa League in summer likely all add up to more than 750k, meaning he has brought in the money to pay for his salary.

I wouldn't believe RS on anything related to McInnes - he has an obvious agenda and I've yet to see any clear facts to back up his claims.

However, even if McInnes is on 750k a year, the prize money from finishing second last year, the cup semi-final last season - not to mention this season's, and money made from the Europa League in summer likely all add up to more than 750k, meaning he has brought in the money to pay for his salary.

I never said he was on a salary of £750k p.a. I'm telling you that that is how much he got paid in total last year.

How much AFC plc paid him in salary, bonuses and additional payments is a matter of fact, not opinion.

And since when does an opinion, even if vociferously held become an "agenda"?

People who try to discredit dissent have an agenda. That's a matter of fact also.

Please enlighten us to our manager's strengths? And please don't compare him to previous incumbents when doing so.

I never said he was on a salary of £750k p.a. I'm telling you that that is how much he got paid in total last year.

How much AFC plc paid him in salary, bonuses and additional payments is a matter of fact, not opinion.

And since when does an opinion, even if vociferously held become an "agenda"?

People who try to discredit dissent have an agenda. That's a matter of fact also.

Please enlighten us to our manager's strengths? And please don't compare him to previous incumbents when doing so.

Where can we find these facts? Where is the proof? Why should we believe you - have you been right about anything else on here?

Where can we find these facts? Where is the proof? Why should we believe you - have you been right about anything else on here?

It IS a matter of fact, what he got paid last year.

What information do you have to state publicly that I am a liar and pushing an "agenda"?

Have I been right? About what? I thought this was a forum for exchanging views and ideas, opinions and discussions?

Did I dispute something you posted once? Is this the source of your resentment and of YOUR agenda?

I suggest we stick to the process and exchange posts on the basis of specific debates. You're not making sense?

The inflated amount paid last year was, as rocket suggested, simply to fend off other suitors. Milne maybe thought the potential cost of losing McInnes and effectively ending 5 years of (some sort of) progress, was too big a gamble. Milne might also argue that he’s a self made millionaire and he’s earned the right to pay whoever he wants whatever he sees fit. I won’t pretend to know the truth about this because I don’t.

750k?  I think he’s worth every penny. Just my opinion.

The inflated amount paid last year was, as rocket suggested, simply to fend off other suitors. Milne maybe thought the potential cost of losing McInnes and effectively ending 5 years of (some sort of) progress, was too big a gamble. Milne might also argue that he’s a self made millionaire and he’s earned the right to pay whoever he wants whatever he sees fit. I won’t pretend to know the truth about this because I don’t.

750k?  I think he’s worth every penny. Just my opinion.

An articulate response. Whilst you and I disagree on our current manager's worth, I respect your opinion.

The figure I was told was £15k/week. Which equates to around £780k per year. Source? A close family member who does reports for the press and has a number of friends on the playing staff.

And as RS says, Milne stumped up to make absolutely certain DM stayed out of the sevconian clutches. ( the figure they were supposedly offering was £12k/week but source says he cannot confirm that one)

Are you disputing that how much he got paid is a matter of fact or are you demanding that I reveal the sources?

You obviously have some serious evidence that he was not paid that much.

By definition you're making a claim by stating something as fact without providing evidence. I'm not making a counter-claim. I don't disbelieve your claim but I do wonder what the reason is for your reluctance to post your proof?

By definition you're making a claim by stating something as fact without providing evidence. I'm not making a counter-claim. I don't disbelieve your claim but I do wonder what the reason is for your reluctance to post your proof?

I said he was paid 3/4 a million and two posters as good as said I was lying.

Now you butt in with a different angle. I never said I was reluctant to reveal my sources but in this debate, two posters have disputed that he was paid that. Manc said he couldn't imagine it but unlike the two, he didn't know. I think it's fair that we deal with the hostility first. At least others have discussed whether or not he's worth it. Two have flatly denied he was paid it. I want to know why they are so sure and why they tried to derail the debate?

I said he was paid 3/4 a million and two posters as good as said I was lying.

Now you butt in with a different angle. I never said I was reluctant to reveal my sources but in this debate, two posters have disputed that he was paid that. Manc said he couldn't imagine it but unlike the two, he didn't know. I think it's fair that we deal with the hostility first. At least others have discussed whether or not he's worth it. Two have flatly denied he was paid it. I want to know why they are so sure and why they tried to derail the debate?

I'd hardly call it "butting in". We're on a public forum; the whole point of which is to discuss and debate. As for the differing angle.. I'm not sure what the issue is with that. It almost sounds like you'd have preferred it if I too had as good as said you were lying. All you've got to do to "win" here is show that your claim is true and anyone who questioned your integrity will be own you an apology IMO.