Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Retro Computer Game Emulator help

tom_widdows

Does anyone use a USB game controller to play games through emulators on their Laptop/PC and if so could you recommend one?

I purchased a USB n64 pad from amazon but it was faulty so I had to send it back and since discovered said pad was not the most reliable product but various others don't seem to have the best reviews either. Wandered about pc world today and bizarrely the non x-box/playstation etc pads (logitech etc) don't seem to be set up for windows 10  ???

I'm not really wanting to spend more than £25-30 as this is merely for nostalgia (megadrive, N64, late 80s/90s arcade games) rather than taking getting into the current gaming trends (personally the moment sony and microsoft got involved I started to lose interest)

I can only recommend these Super Nintendo style ones. I used them with my arcade machine that I built over Christmas last year.

Amazon Link

This machine uses a Raspberry Pi but the pad should behave the same when using Windows. I thought about bluetooth ones but read of issues with input lag so I plumped for the wired ones which I've had no issues with at all. Although if anyone does have experience of newer style pads (with more buttons) I too would like to hear it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

As I suspected it was a passing phase so I've given up on the control pad malarky

However I did pick up an RS-97 handheld with 3000 odd retro games on it (chinese knock off which came with British airways headphones).

Cost about £50 and been a decent purchase so far and helped me get over my childhood longing to own a Neo-geo console.

Just wish it had an N64 emulator but no doubt there will be a knockoff handheld one of them somewhere down the line