Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Recommended coffee shops

Buc

Blessed with good coffee shops / cafes here in Wellington.  One of my favourites being scorchorama in Scorching bay.  View across the bay and watch the interislander sail past.

Do you live in Wellington very nice .

Cant comment on the city centre ones,as we have to drive to our coffee stops.For good coffee,we vary between Cognito,Coppa and the Tree house.

From hillwalking trips  -  Have a cafe run up Deeside via the Falls of feugh restaurant,Banchory,Spider on a bicycle,Aboyne,The Bothy,Ballater, and the Bothy,Braemar where you can sit on the balcony outside,above the river Cluanie if its fine

For the very best coffee, Shamrock & Thistle in Stonehaven. They do authentic crepes too.

I've never been a coffee drinker, only the occasional Espresso when in Europe. I now drink a cup every day, from the beans that we get from there. The boy's just a total coffee enthusiast. I've tasted from Guatemala, Panama, Ecuador, Columbia, Kenya, Peru, Tanzania etc. etc. So good.

Wherever you may live .

Have to say Bonobos here in Aberdeen the food is fabulous I would highly recommend .

The service is 1st class only downside is it closes at 4pm.

Here

https://www.happycow.net/reviews/bonobo-aberdeen-71220

This food won't let you down I can promise you.

Bonobo is a great Vegan place, but the downside for me is that it is fairly small, but their food selection is great and tasty.

DO you ever try the one on Thistle Street Buc, FoodStory?  Keen to hear your thoughts on that one.

Bonobo is a great Vegan place, but the downside for me is that it is fairly small, but their food selection is great and tasty.

DO you ever try the one on Thistle Street Buc, FoodStory?  Keen to hear your thoughts on that one.

Have been there myself, nice food and coffee. Was very impressed actually

Extremely busy at lunchtime full of office types .

Can be on the expensive side .

Go there often about a year ago we ordered a curry the waitress carrying it splattered it all over my suit and the wife and daughter hair best laugh we ever had even the lass playing away on the piano got some .

They offered to dry clean my clothes and give us our meals for free .

But turned it down because without that happening we would never had such fun .

Was like a scene out of laurel and Hardy. Brilliant night.10/10.

The food is very good in food story but its much better in bonobos as they are 100% vegan.

There's also a food story opened up in Aberdeen uni.

I'm taking my running mates of 30 years out on Friday lunchtime to food story as they slag my vegan diet . I'm hoping they see its not all leaves and the food is tasty they don't know it yet as its a secret escape .

Teacake is good. Food decent too, had a nice meal there.

Have you tried Lou Lous yet? With a name like that I assumed it was part of the adjacent Chinese.

Its location hardly gets the taste buds going,ie next to the meat factory and lorry yards,but its surprisingly busy with young mums/ kids/ grans rather than workmen.

Cafe itselfs a bit meh IMO, but does the job.Thon Kuchini was a bit if a faff,.... havnt tried the replacement yet.Think some folks are missing a trick by not having one ,eg right on the coast,or a location like Findon/Muchalls

Have you tried Lou Lous yet? With a name like that I assumed it was part of the adjacent Chinese.

Its location hardly gets the taste buds going,ie next to the meat factory and lorry yards,but its surprisingly busy with young mums/ kids/ grans rather than workmen.

Cafe itselfs a bit meh IMO, but does the job.Thon Kuchini was a bit if a faff,.... havnt tried the replacement yet.Think some folks are missing a trick by not having one ,eg right on the coast,or a location like Findon/Muchalls

Aye, Old Portlethen has the Neuk, but it's a boozer and nae view of the sea which seems a little short-sighted (literally). Nae tried Lou Lous as it's not quite walkable (it is, but it's nae a nice walk) for me, but I might take my bike up one day though as my wife's family is up that way. I go to the sitting room most weekends with the daughter, which does a good coffee and a nae bad breakfast and the guy that works there is an excellent host; very friendly. It's not amazing like, but it's decent and good for Portlethen which has very little else.

Lou Lous is good when it's not busy but they can't cope with a full house. Kirktown Garden centre brilliant for a mini breakfast.

The Chilli in the Sitting Room is the best I've ever tasted.

Nae too keen on the teacake for lunch, a bit bland. The best soup in the world is at Cool Gourmet, Stoney.

I know the south side of the city well for eateries. It's my preferred method of breaking the day, going for a drive and listening to some sounds to and from lunch.

• 2 weeks later...

Working in Stoney this last week and also recommend the Shamrock and thistle coffee.

Wee shout out to a new cafe on the harbour,the Old Pier(I think).Good coffee,Nice spot with the balcony upstairs over looking the harbour

EDIT - lunch in the sitting room today,tasty Cullen skink and sandwiches.Good coffee