Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Hearts V Aberdeen

Saturday 20th October

Hearts V Aberdeen

:ultras:

If we have any ambitions this season we must get a result against them. We have the players to compete against any club in the Scottish Premiership. Our injury problems should be eased but McKenna still suspended. Do we play the team we played against St Mirren or will D.M.go with Wilson and McGinn from the start.

Hearts 1 Aberdeen2

Ps..... Game is live on RED TV International 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday 20th October

Hearts V Aberdeen

Do we play the team we played against St Mirren or will D.M.go with Wilson and McGinn from the start?

As I said on another thread....McLennan's shoulder injury will keep him out for over a month so it won't be the same starting eleven. McGinn and Wright should be available. Wilson is an enigma. I wouldn't bank on him ever being available, just treat the occasions when he is fit as a bonus. Cosgrove played well and really doesn't deserve dropping, especially with Hearts being a typical Levein outfit full of big bruisers. If Wilson is fit I think he should come off the bench and given 20-30 minutes.

Ten Caat, McLennan said on RedTV that his shoulder popped out, but popped back in swiftly afterwards and he was able to move it freely etc... so I reckon he'll be available, especially given that we have a free week.

Agree with Lencarl here, we simply must reduce the points gap, we have to get 3 points there.

Our best performances have came when we've played youth and had a go, if you will, albeit against a very poor St Mirren team.

I would start McLennan ahead of McGinn without hesitation if he's fit.

Lewis

Logan  Devlin  Considine  Lowe

Ball    Shinnie

McLennan  Ferguson  GMS

Cosgrove

To have the likes of Wilson & McGinn on the bench could prove useful later in the match. In any other match I would play Wilson ahead of Cosgrove, but we're going to need the ball to stick up top, and whilst Wilson is clearly a better footballer, I'm not sure he can handle the cynical Hearts bastards, Cosgrove will give as good as he gets in that respect.

They will be itching to put the horror show at Sevco behind them, so I do think it's going to be more difficult than it normally is there, but if we play to our strengths and don't let them dictate with us sitting back all the time, we are more than capable of scoring.

If we go there in a positive system and play to out strengths, we will win 2-1.

If we go there and let them play, they'll eventually break us down and then add again when we try to push for an equaliser, reckon they'll win it 2-0.

If McLennan (or indeed the medical staff/McInnes) let him play after a dislocated shoulder for at least 4 week they need sacking. Yes a dislocation can pop in fairly easily (though not always) and with a bit of strapping to support it could allow the player to finish the game....the damage has been done. But there will be ligament/muscle damage around the joint and the only way to heal it is absolute rest of the joint. which takes between 4-6 weeks. If not fully healed the risk of reoccurance is huge and can lead to permanent damage. I'll state equivocally he will not even  be in the squad for the Hearts game

If McLennan (or indeed the medical staff/McInnes) let him play after a dislocated shoulder for at least 4 week they need sacking. Yes a dislocation can pop in fairly easily (though not always) and with a bit of strapping to support it could allow the player to finish the game....the damage has been done. But there will be ligament/muscle damage around the joint and the only way to heal it is absolute rest of the joint. which takes between 4-6 weeks. If not fully healed the risk of reoccurance is huge and can lead to permanent damage. I'll state equivocally he will not even  be in the squad for the Hearts game

McLennan scored a goal and played well on Saturday so that should mean we won't see him the rest of the season now.  ;)

Big Cosgrove up front against Hearts for definite now!

McInnes is delighted to see the 21 year-old former Carlisle United forward cap a fine display by opening his account for the club.

He said: “I could talk about the merits of various players but Sam in 90 minutes, every time he has started, we haven’t lost a game.

See they're now without Ikpeazu & Souttar for 5 months. No idea if that'll aid our cause or not.

Aye, looks that way. Probably means Wilson is out unless we're dropping May again (hopefully). Cosgrove was excellent against Burnley at Pittodrie and worked his airse off in the away game too (they doubled up on him, which really helped us). It's easy to forget he's still a young loon playing his first season. You can see the areas in which he can improve given the opportunity; he's definitely got a lot of potential.

Don't know a lot about the loon Ikpeazu other than he seems to be cult figure with the Fartz faithful.

Souttar being out is definitely good news though.....with Berra already out long term that's their first choice central defenders pretty much out for the season. Hopefully they'll play 38 y/o Hughes, if Wright is indeed back for us then he could create havoc with his pace.

1-2 (Logan, Cosgrove :o)

if Wright is indeed back for us then he could create havoc with his pace.

Is he supposed to be back like? Was wondering if he'd return. Happy to save him for the semi, ready to give the hun a roasting. Maybe give him 10 minutes when we're two up at the weekend.

McGinn is doubtful for the game, I would hope he's not risked.

Is he supposed to be back like? Was wondering if he'd return. Happy to save him for the semi, ready to give the hun a roasting. Maybe give him 10 minutes when we're two up at the weekend.

I really hope the clamour for Scott Wright is well placed. He's been desperately disappointing in a lot of the matches he's played for us, hopefully the faith you and others are placing in him is rewarded but I can't see him starting in either match.

Was I reading right or were Hearts charging £32 (£33 if you count booking fee) to attend tomorrow??  Don't think I've ever been asked to pay that much for a domestic match before.

£32 for upper and £30 for lower. Got to pay for their half built stand somehow I suppose.

£32 for upper and £30 for lower. Got to pay for their half built stand somehow I suppose.

This is the type of game where if our fans want to make a statement by staying away, it would be very effective. Hearts really do rely on us, Hivs, dhims and sevco to help make ends meet.....1500 of us at just the 30 quid =£45k in their hipper. Of course if we were to reciprocate and make the Fartz fans pay that much in the reciprocal fixture I bet they wouldn't even bring 500 up.

Over 10 years ago I proposed on abmad a protest at Pittodrie whereby instead of staying away, we filled it. Against a lower league team where we wouldn't normally get more than 12k or so, I started an idea whereby we urged all our friends, families and friends to turn up and during the game, at a predesignated time we held up individual letters which spelled out something like: -

RDS - HEY MR. CHAIRMAN

SS - IT'S NAE WORKING

Merkland - GET IT FIXED

We needed three dozen or so volunteers to carry in the letters and coordinate to stand together in the right sequences (one seat apart for the letters, three seats apart per word), we had a printer who volunteered to provide them (he reckoned 3.5 feet tall would work) and I had more than enough volunteers "sign up" within a couple of hours.

I got blootered one night/that night/the next night and got banned from the site for telling some cunt what I thought of them so it never grew legs but before the moaners, the cynical and the negative cunts pipe up, it was just the embryo of an idea, killed pretty swiftly by alcohol but the appetite for change was there.

Milne has only ever faced direct challenge once, in the abortive (but highly revealing) vote at the AGM which led to the death of the original AFCST unfortunately. These days there are the missing thousands (as I call them). Their "protest" is costing the club every day and every season. I reckon at least 10,000 of AFC fans at Red Parkhead only went to say "give us a good team/finals/the chance of a trophy" and we will support you.

McGinn is doubtful for the game, I would hope he's not risked.

I really hope the clamour for Scott Wright is well placed. He's been desperately disappointing in a lot of the matches he's played for us, hopefully the faith you and others are placing in him is rewarded but I can't see him starting in either match.

Really hope this is the season he's given and chance and steps up. We've seen flashes but the consistency needs to be there. This is the one fixture I miss, loved an away day at Tyne, a few jars at the roseburn beforehand, standing for the full 90 mins and having a good sing song. Good Times. Hope the team see this as a good opportunity to try and build some momentum. We need to be confident going into the semi.

Hearts 1 dons 1, shinnie

Really hope this is the season he's given and chance and steps up. We've seen flashes but the consistency needs to be there.

Another angle is that we've not even seen flashes because his start frequency has been so appallingly low. Someone do the maths and tell us how many starts he's had per each month he's been at AFC. This alone will prove gross mismanagement. Consistency of performance is impossible to attain when one isn't being given a reasonable chance. The bigger question is why McInnes is so anti youth?

Rarely go into Hearts away game optimistically.McKenna out v thier thugs is a blow,but Devlin and Considine have done ok in his absence

Think Wilson,GMS and a pacy youngster could do more with the few opportunities we get,but if Sam looks up for it(his face rarely shows it),then no probs if he starts

Prediction -  take a draw,but go for a surprise 0 - 2 win. McLennan x 2

We really need a great display today after all the crap ref the Cup fiasco. No excuses because of injuries, so D.M had better get his selection spot on today. Leave May and McGinn on the bench and use if required. Start with Wilson and Gosgrove up front.

Attack, attack and attack again.  :thumbsup: