Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The SFA/SPFL and Scottish football

Lencarl

At the present time these organisations are ruining the Scottish game. They are turning the lifeblood of our game, the fans away from Scottish football. Many fans have had enough of the laughable way they are treating the teams and fans in the SPFL (apart from the Glasgow Two). Now they have decided to punish clubs when fans of certain clubs complain about an incident occurring that is not even punished by the referee.

The game here is over and I for one am seriously considering a complete boycott of Aberdeen matches until they and the other clubs grow a pair and do something about this mess.

Ps What on earth are the SFA thinking about regarding this rubbish.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45752296

All vices openly displayed.

They obviously think they can get away with anything.

How could that geordie tosser be in the SFA hall of fame?

I was, I admit very slowly, trying to take an interest in the Scotland team again.

Not now, I hope they lose every game.

The SFA/SPFL and the club owners believe that fans will never desert their teams no matter how many times they fuck them over. Maybe it is time to put that to the test. It was done before regarding Rangers although the SPFL still managed to break the rules and agree to keep them in the 3rd Division but the threat of a mass boycott of fans stopped the huns starting again in the Championship.

Scottish football is run for the benefit of two clubs, always has been and always will be. Are you ready to stop this crazy situation if it means your team suffering a financial hit to achieve the goal of having a level playing field in Scottish football for every club.

As far as the Scotland National team I will never pay to watch them again. Not bothered if they win or lose anymore.

The time probably has come for boycotts. Whether fans of other teams would get on board with us is the question. but there is no doubt even if we were alone in taking action we could seriously impact on other clubs' finances. Weekend games we generally take between 1500-2000 fans to most of the grounds. Even midweek we usually take 1000+. For clubs who generally only get gates of between 3k and 5k (eg St Johnstone or Hamilton) this is a huge boost to their finances and one which they absolutely rely on. Removing this cash would have their boards almost immediately telling the SPFL/SFA to get their shit in order as nothing concentrates their minds more than the bottom line on their balance sheets.

Hearts are the obvious ones who we should be trying to get on board with us and ideally Hibs also as they both carry decent away supports too.

Our ultimate aim has to be to get both bodies to start acting in the interests of all clubs instead of the 2 arse cheeks and also to get that fud Dungcaster out asap. A decent start would be to get them to scrap this ridiculous Compliance Officer position, which in doing so would save on a hefty wage. Let referees referee. If they fuck up too regularly then there are ways which can get them "demoted" to lower league games for a while (which impacts on the match fee they receive so it is in their own interests not to fuck up).

The time probably has come for boycotts. Whether fans of other teams would get on board with us is the question. but there is no doubt even if we were alone in taking action we could seriously impact on other clubs' finances. Weekend games we generally take between 1500-2000 fans to most of the grounds. Even midweek we usually take 1000+. For clubs who generally only get gates of between 3k and 5k (eg St Johnstone or Hamilton) this is a huge boost to their finances and one which they absolutely rely on. Removing this cash would have their boards almost immediately telling the SPFL/SFA to get their shit in order as nothing concentrates their minds more than the bottom line on their balance sheets.

Hearts are the obvious ones who we should be trying to get on board with us and ideally Hibs also as they both carry decent away supports too.

Our ultimate aim has to be to get both bodies to start acting in the interests of all clubs instead of the 2 arse cheeks and also to get that fud Dungcaster out asap. A decent start would be to get them to scrap this ridiculous Compliance Officer position, which in doing so would save on a hefty wage. Let referees referee. If they fuck up too regularly then there are ways which can get them "demoted" to lower league games for a while (which impacts on the match fee they receive so it is in their own interests not to fuck up).

Agree with all that post. The first step on the long road back to equality is for our supporters to stop going to the away games. Although the Scottish media will not say much about this, it may stir our club and the other teams to think again about the fans views on this situation.

I've been a long term critic of the way the game is run misrun in Scotland.

Personally I think there is a lot of good in Scottish football currently but these incompetent corrupt cunts (there are no other words suitable) are doing their best to ruin everything good in it at present.

Boycotts of away games by our support might make others (outside the erse cheeks) sit and take notice but does it not also backfire on our own team and players.

I'm fucked if I know what the answer is but as has been said elsewhere on this board already "extremely disappointed" if an insufficent response to this latest example of down right fuckwittery and incompetence and the board simply must understand the feelings of the fans and do something about it.

Time to grow a set of balls guys and stand up for fair play.

Still reckon that this is some sort of bizarre payback for McKenna's part in the Hun ugly fucker's red card in the opening game of the season.

Lastly as I read elsewhere, the irony of the Dhim wits shouting for action means that we are now weakened for our game against the team they are currently chasing in the league. Karma some might say but these cunts don't possess the level of intelligence to see it.

One things for us, when the English describe our league as a "Sunday Pub League" are they really that far of the mark ?

One things for us, when the English describe our league as a "Sunday Pub League" are they really that far of the mark ?

Yes.

The notion that we should start boycotting away games is one of the most hunnish things I think I've heard. Boycott the huns and tims perhaps, but anyone that things that Hamilton are more complicit than AFC in perpetuating the scum stranglehold is deluded. If we're doing boycotts, then we need to look far closer to home for the culprit.

Yes.

The notion that we should start boycotting away games is one of the most hunnish things I think I've heard. Boycott the huns and tims perhaps, but anyone that things that Hamilton are more complicit than AFC in perpetuating the scum stranglehold is deluded. If we're doing boycotts, then we need to look far closer to home for the culprit.

Boycotting them makes no difference whatsoever. In fact the Huns would probably encourage us to do so. 900 tickets for a shitey wee corner of their hovel.......they could probably save a bit on stewarding costs if they knew none of us were turning up. To be effective sadly it has to be the ones that rely on our away support's cash and that means the Hamilton's etc.

Of course you are correct that Wiggy and our boards of the previous 20 odd years have been complicit in encouraging the GFA and SPL/SPFL to act in the way they do. Saying that "we need a strong Rangers" should have been the catalyst for everyone to demand Milne got the heave ho as chairman but years of being utterly shite left everyone utterly apathetic. Sadly our present board seem to feel that finishing anywhere between 2nd and 6th and winning the odd cup every 5-10 years is an acceptable performance. And with the comparative financial limitations against that of the cheeks it probably is.

I was lucky enough to be a teenager throughout the Fergie era and grew accustomed to us winning trophies every season. Oldco then got investment.....initially above board but in later years we know about the financial doping etc....and brought our golden era to a sharp end. 33 years have passed since we were the last team outwith the arse cheeks to lift the league title. In the 100 years of history previous to that their dominance was never close to being that length of time without at least 1 other club winning it. Sadly if we don't get change, my future grandchildren will themselves have grandchildren and not see a winner of the league outwith Celtic or newco.

Yes.

Of course I know what you say is right, but when you're as fucked off as I am right now with the whole goverance of Scottish football you do tend to lash out.

As I've said already however, it is time for our board to sit up and take notice of feelings.

Can they really be so detached/naive as to not comprehend just how high feelings are running presently  :dunno:

What about home fans staging a sit in outside away turnstiles for next televised home  game  (or gain agreement with away fans not to go in)  plus no home fans enter for 10 minutes (or whatever). All clubs could do it over a sustained period. Obviously the Glasgow triplets (RIP Rangers) won’t contribute and likely to cause trouble for peaceful protestors whereby the peaceful ones get lifted...

???

Being realistic I know the fans will do nothing at all regarding the mess that the SFA/SPFL have made of Scottish football. Sad state of affairs that two clubs can run our game with the help of the Scottish media backed up with the people in charge of our game. Every fan must take the action that suits him or her. 'Mighty oaks from little acorns grow'.

Leopards never change their spots, tigers never change their stripes etc.... so the SFA inducting a fat wife beating alcoholic Geordie into the Scottish hall of fame just about fits their modus operandi of promoting ex clubs of the Scottish league.

It's almost like they are trying to wash off some of the grime and stench from the ex club by remembering some it's ex "star" players.

Obviously, with Gascoigne featuring 78 times and scoring 30 goals for the dead club and now being inducted, we can look forward to seeing Hans Gilhaus inducted too given his 78 Dons appearances and 28 goals.

Then again perhaps not, as he never featured for either of the Glasgow big 2.

The SFA and SPFL are falling over themselves to blatantly promote the interests of 2 clubs (or 3 if you count Sevco) with no attempt at all now being made to hide it.

I'm surprised they arrived at making "Rasellickbyraway" play at Murrayfield given Brenda Lodgers having a greet about it being a home game for Hearts.

I'd say making the green soap dodgers play their first domestic semi final outside Glasgow for 92 years is a good start given they have played most of their semi finals in those 92 years a mile and half from their own ground.

Look forward to seeing more ludicrously decisions being made by the Buffons running and ruining our game.

SFA chiefs set to boycott Rangers legend Paul Gascoigne’s Scottish Football Hall of Fame dinner.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3332402/paul-gascoigne-rangers-hall-of-fame-sfa/

Nominations are made by fans before a committee decides who to admit. The SFA has no influence.

So basically clubs with the most fans in Scotland can choose who will be nominated in Scottish Hall of Fame. What a complete farce.

Gascoigne was one of the three best footballers ever to play in Scotland.

Who are the other two ?

In my opinion to be inducted in the Scottish Football Hall of Fame you must be Scottish and not because the person happens to play for Rangers or Celtic.

Always thought Gascoigne was vastly overrated. His IQ bordered on subnormal and could easily be wound up into getting cards. He was found out at Lazio where he totally flopped though i do accept he was recovering from a horrendous, yet self inflicted, injury. Laudrup was by far the best player in that oldco side.

The SFA Hall of Fame should be for Scottish footballers only. But if they insist on letting foreigners in, then surely a wife beating alcoholic should automatically be barred from ever being nominated far less inducted. Oh hang on Jim Baxter got in...

Laudrup's first season at the former club known as Rangers was the best I've ever seen.

Henrik Larsson was exceptional.

Those two + Gazza were the best footballers to have played in Scotland in my opinion.

Charlie Nicholas was class.

The rules of induction is one big joke. Some SFA members are boycotting the event. Even the English version states that the nominees must have resided in England for at least 5 years before they are included. Just another reason to change the rules.

Gazza had some sublime performances for the Hun, but over a comparitively short period of time. I thought Van Bronckhorst was a better player, Stefan Klos too. They were world class, like Laudrup and Willie Miller and thon diving Larssen cunt.

Hall of fame is for wanks though.