Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Khabib vs McGregor and Wilder vs Fury

SeeBass

As much as I love McGregor (my experience of MMA overall is pretty limited) and his approach to a fight do think he's getting beat on Saturday evening.  Khabib at (10/17) is very tempting as is (4/6) on Wilder to inflict first Fury defeat. 

Do we do a mug's double??

Not a fan of UFC used to look at it 15 - 20 years ago and it was pish (think it was just MMA or cage fighting then), seen a few bits in the last year or two and it looks better, mainly due to lads like McGregor who are not looking to go to the floor and cuddle and I suppose lads like Khabib who want to go to the floor but are willing to give and take a dig. I fancy McGregor as long as he doesn’t allow Khabib to take him to floor. I’d imagine the boxing will have helped with that as he’s already the best as far as the Thai/Kick boxing goes. As much of a gob shite as he is, don’t be lulled.

Wilder is shite. AJ will take him in 5 if they ever meet, the Fury who fought Klitschko does him in 3. The Fury who went the distance with the lad off of Aldi, not so much. Then again he’s capable of putting the hard work in to get himself back where he was. Both lads seem to be focusing on AJ rather than the fight that’s actually happening. Fury is the boy as far as mind games go, I reckon he’s got Deontay looking beyond and not focusing on him, so I’m having him in that one too.

Sorry!

The thing I love about McGregor and I've only known about him 18 months after seeing one in many a Celebrity Royal Rumble video I've mentioned is that win or lose he has the walk to back up aforementioned talk.  He ain't afraid of nobody and for this fact alone I will always respect said guy as think his bravado aside does seem a decent bloke underneath it all. 

The thing I love about McGregor and I've only known about him 18 months after seeing one in many a Celebrity Royal Rumble video I've mentioned is that win or lose he has the walk to back up aforementioned talk.  He ain't afraid of nobody and for this fact alone I will always respect said guy as think his bravado aside does seem a decent bloke underneath it all.

McGregor is as ignorant and repulsive as his namesake hun goalie.

There's pantomime publicity bullshit and there's just downright racist ignorance, and McGregor falls into the later.

Glad to see he took another hiding at the weekend, sadly that will just fuel more of his bullshit and a rematch.

A coma would be too good for that prick.

For me UFC is the fastest growing sport in the world .

Its a sport that has moved on in the last 20yrs to the masses world wide selling out areas everywhere .

These guys are the best trained athletes in the world training up to  3 times a day for the different events of MMA .

They also don't give up easily .

The rise of this sport has been made possibly due to boxing losing its world class heavyweights over the years causing the sport to lose its appeal ..

Just my humble opinion I'm open to other peoples opinions .

For me UFC is the fastest growing sport in the world .

Its a sport that has moved on in the last 20yrs to the masses world wide selling out areas everywhere .

These guys are the best trained athletes in the world training up to  3 times a day for the different events of MMA .

They also don't give up easily .

The rise of this sport has been made possibly due to boxing losing its world class heavyweights over the years causing the sport to lose its appeal ..

Just my humble opinion I'm open to other peoples opinions .

I would agree, I only just started to get in to it which is strange as I've always liked boxing and was training in Muay Thai but continually tried anf failed to get in to MMA/UFC due to finding the wrestling and ground work boring, however I'm looking at it a different way now, actually watching videos on that stuff to try get more used to it so I can appreciate the fights.  I watched the Mcgregor fight, I was delighted that he got dominated, causing him to tap, Khabib is a different sort of animal one that can wrestle on a whole different level to anyone else, I also enjoyed the Ferguson fight, he's a beast that hopefully gets a shot a Khabib.

I would agree, I only just started to get in to it which is strange as I've always liked boxing and was training in Muay Thai but continually tried anf failed to get in to MMA/UFC due to finding the wrestling and ground work boring, however I'm looking at it a different way now, actually watching videos on that stuff to try get more used to it so I can appreciate the fights.  I watched the Mcgregor fight, I was delighted that he got dominated, causing him to tap, Khabib is a different sort of animal one that can wrestle on a whole different level to anyone else, I also enjoyed the Ferguson fight, he's a beast that hopefully gets a shot a Khabib.

Well said mate UFC once you get into it that sport then becomes compulsive viewing ..

I'm with you all the way.

Not sure about that last quote though. :D