Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V St Mirren

Aberdeen V St Mirren

6th October

:ultras:

According to DM Wilson will be back for this match. Needless to say 3 points a must for this one before the International break.

Aberdeen 3 St Mirren 0

P.S.....For folk unable to attend the game it is live on RED TV International.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Essential we collect 3 points.

Any mention of Lewis Ferguson? Have a sneaky suspicion we'll revert back to 1 Striker when he's fit and available.

St Mirren haven't scored under their new manager, and with our fairly solid defence, I reckon we'll keep a clean sheet.

Lewis

Logan    Devlin    McKenna    Considine

Ball    Shinnie

McGinn      Ferguson      GMS

Wilson

Maybe stick Forrester in for Ferguson if he isn't fit, game like this could be good for his confidence.

Aberdeen 2 - 0 St Mirren ( Wilson, GMS )

Think we need to stick with 2 up top as do not think May or Wilson look like they suit the lone striker role. If Ferguson is fit again would be tempted to drop one of holding midfielders in Shinnie or Ball. Should not need two defensive midfielders against St Mirren at home. Not expecting St Mirren to be as bad as they were in the cup game but still a game we should be looking to win comfortably.

In

Late train and straight to ground

Y

Beers in town as staying up overnight. - Now changed to straight back down the road so no beer for me.

2-0 McGinn and GMS

Be interesting to see St Mirren's line up, seeing as they've added another name from the past in Adam Hammill, to add to Simeon Jackson & Anton Ferdinand.

Hammill was linked with us years ago if I remember correctly, he's much travelled down in the English Championship & league 1, but he did look quite a player at some point, and Jackson & Ferdinand both have EPL experience.

I don't think it'll have any affect on the outcome, just never thought I'd see these types of players at St Mirren ( And I mean that with the greatest respect ) it's actually quite refreshing, albeit they have all probably peaked, hence why they're at St Mirren now, still refreshing.

Be interesting to see St Mirren's line up, seeing as they've added another name from the past in Adam Hammill, to add to Simeon Jackson & Anton Ferdinand.

Hammill was linked with us years ago if I remember correctly, he's much travelled down in the English Championship & league 1, but he did look quite a player at some point, and Jackson & Ferdinand both have EPL experience.

I don't think it'll have any affect on the outcome, just never thought I'd see these types of players at St Mirren ( And I mean that with the greatest respect ) it's actually quite refreshing, albeit they have all probably peaked, hence why they're at St Mirren now, still refreshing.

They had Victor and Stevie Archibald playing for them in the 80s, two ex Barca players... so I won't be impressed with their signings until Rakitic and Suarez are playing for them...  ;)

I am probably in the minority here, but I like Cosgrove. For his size he is actually pretty quick, his hold up play is pretty good too, he just lacks a cutting edge, I think he has potential for sure, and I would play him ahead of May every day of the week.

Agree with you on the May quote. When oh when will D.M realise like everyone else that May has no place in our first team. Get him out on loan to another club and see how he get's on or bench him till further notice. I also  agree that Cosgrove holds up play well he just needs to score a few goals.

Agree with you on the May quote. When oh when will D.M realise like everyone else that May has no place in our first team. Get him out on loan to another club and see how he get's on or bench him till further notice. I also  agree that Cosgrove holds up play well he just needs to score a few goals.

I think it's that last part that we'll not see. As Rocket pointed out a few weeks back, he seems to lack the ability to shoot. Not just that he's missing the target or whatever, but that he doesn't seem to have the technique. Stockley did, but he couldn't do the part of the game that Cosgrove does, which was actually more important to us at the time. If we're playing a 2 then that shouldn't really matter normally, but the fact that our other striker (i.e the one that does the finishing) doesn't exist is a gaping hole in our plan. Here's hoping Wilson can add that to his game - he seems more creative than deadly too.

I am probably in the minority here, but I like Cosgrove. For his size he is actually pretty quick, his hold up play is pretty good too, he just lacks a cutting edge, I think he has potential for sure, and I would play him ahead of May every day of the week.

Same. Think the default these days is to mark a big striker as a big lump regardless of his actual attributes and what he contributes. Stockley got the same treatment.

Would be looking for more from him, but he's still young. Don't think he'd get anything like the same vitriol if he was "one of our own" who came through the youths.

Don't think we will get it as easy as we did in the League Cup. Their signing of Anton Ferdinand could be inspired although equally could be a disaster....time will tell.

Good news that Ferguson is back for this one. If DM is true to his word about playing 2 up top the Ball should be the one to drop out although McGinn would deserve it a lot more.

I agree Cosgrove has his uses and definitely links play effectively, but until he scores the monkey on his back just gets heavier and heavier with each passing week.

McKenna has his appeal tomorrow. So when that's done his 2 match suspension will be confirmed leaving us with Consi back in alongside Devlin. On the upside we then by default put a proper left back in position who can hopefully in tandem with GMS get some crosses in that Cosgrove will get on the end of.

2-1......GMS (pen) and Wilson

On Cosgrove, I did post after the Burnley home game that his attempt at a simple shot was rather alarmingly inept. I'm not sure pundits and managers and "football men" use terminology like that but it's what it was.

He's useful. He's strong and as stated, he holds and links well. He's pretty clever and can see movement around him but he will never be a goal scorer. He's just not technically capable of shooting. That's a pretty serious flaw for a professional striker but for digging into Scott Brown on his debut, he got my immediate respect. Hope he comes good but I suspect what we're seeing is all he's got to give.

I'm at the Dunhill this week so will miss the game. Would be surprised if it wasn't a comfortable win.

We played our best game of the season so far, in my opinion when we played them in the League Cup and whilst not expecting another emphatic performance such as we got that day, we have to beat them and should be more than capable of doing so.

Not even going to bother with the line up prediction as we know the crux of the team, just our attacking options we are unsure about and who will partner Shinnie in the middle.

Going for a good 2-0 win for us as St Mirren cannot be as bad as they were in the LC a few weeks back.

Game Day

:ultras:

No result other than a win today will suffice. St Mirren will be up for this today after the whipping they received last time out at Pittodrie.

Hopefully Wilson shows his stuff and May is benched. Attack attack attack.

Aberdeen 3 St Mirren 0 (as previously stated.) 

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

St Mirren are mince, fancy the Dons to get at least 3 goals today.

Could also be the day that Stevie May finally kicks into action.

Dons 3-0 (May x 2, GMS)

[move]Come on you reds[/move]

Also not ruling May out yet.See what he does in a 2 upfront.Becoming a pain not seeing our strongest line up get a run of games,but should have too much for Smurn

Lewis

Logan Devlin Considnie Lowe

McGinn Fergie Shinnie GMS

May Wilson

Sticking with an optimistic 4 -1 .  ps ,impressive moving thingy from KITNS  :dunno:

I really hope this guy doesn't turn out be a crock  :

We knew he was a crock when we signed him. God knows how much we are spunking each week on him but it has to be said it looks like cash down the toilet. We should have given Marquis whatever he was asking for......certain we would have made serious cash on him 18-24 months down the line.

The team we have put out should have enough about them to get us over the line, just hope GMS doesnt get an early injury as I don't want Forrester coming on until we have the points wrapped up.

Another aspect of football I find frustrating is the sheer number of players who continue to pick up wages at clubs despite spending most of the time on the injury table. I can't think of another career in which you can get quite well paid for up to a decade (perhaps even longer) for not doing the job you are actually being paid for (well apart from politicians)?

or to focus on a rumour I heard several years ago about the Aberdeen football club physio/ medical team not being all they are cracked up to be.