Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

St Johnstone V Aberdeen

St Johnstone V Aberdeen

15th Sept

:ultras:

We will need to bring our "A" game for this one. Can see another nervous affair, but hopefully our injuries will have eased up by Saturday.

Will go for St Johnstone 1 Aberdeen 2

This match may be live on RED TV International, will know nearer the date.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be interesting to see which back 4 or 3 we go with, McInnes said in his interview on RedTV yesterday that McKenna began full training yesterday, hopefully that will be enough time to get him up to speed for this game. If not I reckon we will see a back 4 of  - Logan Ball Considine Lowe - obviously due to current squad circumstances.

Surprising stat that St Johnstone have only lost once in their last 10 games, which was to Kilmarnock. Usually a difficult fixture and not much between the teams, although I hope we'll be itching to put on a show and that in turn, should prove too much for St Johnstone.

St Johnstone 1 vs 2 Aberdeen ( GMS, Anderson )

Haven't been to McDiarmid since the day of the 5-0 walloping we got when Davie Robertson got a red card after about 20 minutes having been booked early on yet persisted in flying into wild challenges. Was also the day McLeish pulled out "injured" before the warm up with rumours of a bust up in coach coming down when Gillhaus (who may or may not have had an ahem "friend" in tow) turned up late for the coach and AM informed Smith if Gillhaus was playing he most certainly wasn't. Everyone remembers the oldco game at the end of the season where we needed a draw to win the title but this was the game where the title really was lost....a 1-0 victory against a St J team who really weren't fir to lace our boots would have seen us lift the title despite that result at Ibrokes. Anyway after the embarrassment I vowed never to set foot in McDiarmid ever again.

However courtesy of my St Johnstone supporting son I am the recipient of a ticket so 27 years after that debacle I'm finally heading back to the scene of the crime.

In

Driving

Driving

1-2 (Consi, Anderson)

Haven't been to McDiarmid since the day of the 5-0 walloping we got when Davie Robertson got a red card after about 20 minutes having been booked early on yet persisted in flying into wild challenges. Was also the day McLeish pulled out "injured" before the warm up with rumours of a bust up in coach coming down when Gillhaus (who may or may not have had an ahem "friend" in tow) turned up late for the coach and AM informed Smith if Gillhaus was playing he most certainly wasn't. Everyone remembers the oldco game at the end of the season where we needed a draw to win the title but this was the game where the title really was lost....a 1-0 victory against a St J team who really weren't fir to lace our boots would have seen us lift the title despite that result at Ibrokes. Anyway after the embarrassment I vowed never to set foot in McDiarmid ever again.

However courtesy of my St Johnstone supporting son I am the recipient of a ticket so 27 years after that debacle I'm finally heading back to the scene of the crime.

In

Driving

Driving

1-2 (Consi, Anderson)

Well we've not lost 5-0 at McDiarmid since you were last there, so rather than all this nonsense about McLeish (I thought it was Bett?) and Gillhaus, perhaps you are the constant that resulted in is getting walloped. I'm not sure you should go. You're clearly bad luck.

ST JOHNSTONE v ABERDEEN on Saturday 15th - a traffic plan is in place to deal with the influx of supporters to the area while roadworks are taking place. Ful details on our Facebook page

https://business.facebook.com/TaysidePoliceDivision/photos/a.195412170511189/2037314209654300/?type=3&notif_id=1536763572223457&notif_t=page_post_reaction&ref=notif

Never been on Facebook but fill your boots.  :thumbsup:

Always a tough and Horrific watch. Can't see us winning this one and sods law will have it that watt will score against us.

Out

Bed

Bed

Bed

1-0 St Johnstone, no dons scorer

What sort of odds do you get for predicting no goal scorer when we score nil?  ;)

That traffic thing could scupper my going.Have to ask Perth biding bro in-law how bad it is before setting off

McKenna back in full training. Not sure if Saturday will come too soon for him to play but fingers crossed with Devlin suspended. Hoban getting his surgery next week, not sure what the delay was but he was sent down to Watford for their medics to take a look.

DM also "hopeful Wilson will be able to play a part"

In

Driving

Driving

1-2 (Consi, Anderson)

I love this story  ;D

I remember howling after the game and having to pretend it was cause I was upset after a funeral  :o

I won't be in Perth as have a chocolate afternoon tea but will watch "live" on Alba later

I really hope you are not a jinx  ;)

Hoping we do not rush McKenna back and he only plays if he is fully fit. Last thing we need is him getting injured further as he is rushed back to soon. Need to find goals from somewhere and would be tempted to give Anderson a start alongside May. St Johnstone look a better team than the one we played in preseason so can see this being a difficult game.

In

Train then straight to ground as taking Bairn

Away End

Train back to capital

1-1 McGinn

St Johnstone FC wishes to advise Aberdeen fans of a significant change in arrangements for tomorrow’s match at McDiarmid Park.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ABERDEEN FC SUPPORTERS

Due to a burst water main the road way at the rear of the North Stand is unsafe to use and as a result of this the North Stand will remain closed tomorrow.

All Aberdeen fans who have pre-purchased North Stand tickets will therefore be accommodated in the South (Ormond) Stand at the opposite end of the stadium. The row and seat numbers are the same in both stands and so existing row and seat numbers as shown on tickets for the North Stand should be used in the South Stand. There are a small number of pay at the gate tickets available in that South Stand.

Aberdeen fans who have pre-purchased West Stand family deal tickets or who plan to use the pay at the gate facility in the West Stand are unaffected by this change.

Stewards will be on hand to provide assistance if required.

wilson oot again ... guess i cannot comment on the point of this signing being an average joe

Was he injured when he signed like? For such a key position where we're severely lacking, it's ridiculous. If it was unforseen circumstance then I suppose that could happen to anyone, but it's whooring frustrating.

Interesting one tomorrow then. Will be the final, final chance for May I'd think. I reckon McInnes will go:

------------Lewis-----------

Logan---Ball---Consi--Lowe

-------Gleeson--Shinnie----

McGinn-----Wright-----GMS

------------May--------------

I'd have Anderson in for May, but happy for him to be a 60th minute fast-paced impact sub if he's nae ready to start yet (fitness in lasting 90 mins I mean).

Was he injured when he signed like? For such a key position where we're severely lacking, it's ridiculous. If it was unforseen circumstance then I suppose that could happen to anyone, but it's whooring frustrating.

Interesting one tomorrow then. Will be the final, final chance for May I'd think. I reckon McInnes will go:

I'd have Anderson in for May, but happy for him to be a 60th minute fast-paced impact sub if he's nae ready to start yet (fitness in lasting 90 mins I mean).

Wilson initially had an ankle knock that made him miss the St Mirren game then a hamstring issue for last game which I am assuming is still reason he is out tomorrow. Could be excused if he had not has similar issues on his last loan spell at Sheffield United.

No Ferguson? 

Will be the final, final chance for May I'd think.

It won't be.

No Ferguson? 

It won't be.

I think Wright is still injured also, is he not?

Regarding May, I have made my feelings known, and strongly, he isn't up to the standard required, as his numerous appearances have shown us ( I must reiterate, that's just my opinion ) I would even start Cosgrove ahead of him, purely because he is capable of holding the ball up & winning headers. You might find McInnes will plump for Cosgrove in this type of fixture.

Anyway, when's midfield maestro Tansey back? We're missing him terribly  :(

EDIT - Fuck knows why it's just quoted you BB, I was trying to include both yourself & Rico.

better off with mcginn up top

Or give the young lad Anderson an opportunity from the start given that he's in form, albeit in the Under 21's, but he's still scoring and getting himself into good positions and generally causing problems.

It never did McKenna any harm, despite his very underwhelming stint at Ayr United on loan.