Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Alex Salmond

Kowalski

He may well be innocent of the allegations, but of course he way well not be.

The allegations are surprising but god knows what folk get up to in private. He’s always been a bit of a fud.

But he’s done a helluva job turning sexual allegations into a story about civil service in the Scottish Government instead.

It’s a defect-deflect-deflect tactic and if it turns out he is found guilty then I hope the happy clappers donating to this millionaire’s crowd fund will regret it.

As previously stated I’m not the worlds biggest SNP fan but I think Salmond is going to damage the party. Sturgeon was quite happy to sign up to the new complaints process.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it turns out he is innocent it's going to look like a failed political hit job.  In fairness to Salmond I can understand why he's challenging the process.

Wings posted this link last week, it's a blog post by a very prominent pro uk, snp and alex salmond hating commentator called Effie Deans.  It's very hard to argue with the conclusions she draws and given her political leanings I think it says a lot that she supports Salmond challenging it. 

https://www.effiedeans.com/2018/08/we-must-also-defend-opponents-from.html?m=1

Even if he is cleared ( however I'm firmly in the "no smoke without fire" camp) I really think we have seen the last of Salmond in front line politics. He is damaged goods and surely could not overcome an allegation that has proven fatal to other political careers in the past.

Sturgeon I do not believe was behind this but privately I'm sure will be quite happy in the knowledge the only person currently capable of stopping her becoming the leader of a newly independent Scotland.

Never liked Salmond. Slippery cunt wi a slack jaw.

His wife is so hideously ugly, it was inevitable he would be looking for extras.

But fucked if I can think of ony cunt being so sad they would consent to him.

Don't care if it's true or not but it would be more than tragic if it was orchestrated by Westminster.

Then I would care.

For all his many faults - trying to fuck over The Donald being his biggest error - the man was right on the biggest issues.

A private citizen that still terrifies the british establishment

Granted he's deregistered his membership from the SNP etc, but does that cease your title for a career you've carved all your life? Personally, I don't think so. He's still a politician.

But taking your tact, if he's a private citizen, then he should have funded it himself, like any normal citizen...I find it absolutely pathetic he asked people to support his own cause. Doesn't say much for those who backed him (regardless of outcome).

Granted he's deregistered his membership from the SNP etc, but does that cease your title for a career you've carved all your life? Personally, I don't think so. He's still a politician.

But taking your tact, if he's a private citizen, then he should have funded it himself, like any normal citizen...I find it absolutely pathetic he asked people to support his own cause. Doesn't say much for those who backed him (regardless of outcome).

Agreed he’s still a politician. He’s not an MP or MSP obviously.

The crowd funding thing is just an ego trip. He’s a millionaire.

If he isn't a millionaire then he must spend cash like water. As First Minister he would have lived free of charge for 7 years. I think they even get housekeeping staff  thrown in, plus chauffeured around wherever he fancied. Essentially no living costs for 7 years whilst trousering his First Minister's salary. IIRC it was £125k when he started and he finished on over £140k.....thats well over £800k as it is. AS an MP/MSP for almost 29 years......and for 11 of those don't forget he doubled up...... he would not have been short of a bob or 2 certainly earning way over the national average probably nearer twice it.

I think he was by a donkey's mile the most talented politician of any party of his generation. Whilst accepting his right to be innocent until proven guilty, I do find it extraordinary (and nauseating tbh) that he has funded his upcoming legal defence costs by crowdfunding. If he is innocent as he says he is, surely he would be refunded those costs once the case is completed? Even if that wasn't the case, he would surely have a watertight case for suing for damages and costs.

I still believe no matter the outcome, his career in politics is finished. There is only one job he desires and that is to be the leader of a newly independent Scotland. Even if proven innocent his reputation is so damaged this must be a desire that proves impossible. So I believe he is no longer a politician.

If I recall he gave his MPs salary to charity didn't he? I could be making that up.

The crowd funding thing is a touch crass, but if you believe your innocent and you want to make a statement about the way in which you have been treated then he's quite right. Charges as gross as those need defended in the dirtiest most public way possible if they aren't true. We have to assume that he believes they are. As you say, they're a reputation ruiner, and so it requires drastic measures. What is interesting is that former colleagues who are still MPs have donated to the crowd-funding which is either a sign that they're stupid or that they have inside knowledge that suggests the allegations are false. No politician wants to be left holding the "I crowd-funded the pervert" card I wouldn't have thought.

Sturgeon I do not believe was behind this but privately I'm sure will be quite happy in the knowledge the only person currently capable of stopping her becoming the leader of a newly independent Scotland.

I would have thought that the only people stopping Sturgeon from being leader of a newly independent Scotland would be the candidates put forward by the other political parties in the democratic vote to elect an independent Scotlands leader.

It wouldn't just default to the SNP.

If I recall he gave his MPs salary to charity didn't he? I could be making that up.

The crowd funding thing is a touch crass, but if you believe your innocent and you want to make a statement about the way in which you have been treated then he's quite right. Charges as gross as those need defended in the dirtiest most public way possible if they aren't true. We have to assume that he believes they are. As you say, they're a reputation ruiner, and so it requires drastic measures. What is interesting is that former colleagues who are still MPs have donated to the crowd-funding which is either a sign that they're stupid or that they have inside knowledge that suggests the allegations are false. No politician wants to be left holding the "I crowd-funded the pervert" card I wouldn't have thought.

It’s his pension that he’s donating to charity.

There’s no doubt he’s loaded.

If he isn't a millionaire then he must spend cash like water. As First Minister he would have lived free of charge for 7 years. I think they even get housekeeping staff  thrown in, plus chauffeured around wherever he fancied. Essentially no living costs for 7 years whilst trousering his First Minister's salary. IIRC it was £125k when he started and he finished on over £140k.....thats well over £800k as it is. AS an MP/MSP for almost 29 years......and for 11 of those don't forget he doubled up...... he would not have been short of a bob or 2 certainly earning way over the national average probably nearer twice it.

Didn't double up, donated one salary wholly to charity. Still had his own house in Strichen to keep. Don't think the SNP took any of their pay rises either.

If you start doing a daily express counter, and go through back salaries, most of us could make millionaire, I'd be rather amazed if Salmond's net worth ran to 7 figures considering his charitable givings.

• 4 months later...