Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

School Reunion

SeeBass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not so sure to be honest. Was made aware last Saturday ( After a friend took his own life ) that there has been 6 of my former classmates, of whom 3 were relatively close friends of mine, have now passed, 2 were suicide and the other 4 were drug overdoses, probably due to our location and complete lack of anything really, from job opportunities through to actual stuff to do without travelling a fair distance.

It would probably be a miserable & sad affair, added to that, we live in such a small town that almost everyone has some form of grievance with each other. Wish to fuck that when I moved to Aberdeen back in 2013 for work that I could have persuaded my partner to move up, didn't help that she was pregnant with our Son at the time and my daughter had just started School, was too much hassle, I eventually lost my job up there anyway and had to move back here. 

Our school had one in 2002 which I attended. A fair whack of us still lived in the town that we went to school in and so we had seen each other fairly often just going about our daily business. 4 made the effort to travel back from various parts of the United States where they now reside and around 10 or so from various other countries Europe.

Was nice to catch up with some old friends and it was agreed to have another one this year which would be the 40th anniversary of us starting high school.....this seems to have either been forgotten or just no one can be arsed organising it. As far as I'm aware we have lost 4 of us out of a total of over 250 pupils which I guess isn't too bad considering we are all 52 this year.

I went to one when we were all 40 and it was a really great night. Wouldn't go to another though nor would I hear of any not being on Facebook etc. It was arranged through friends reunited back then.

What was really interesting were how a couple of the girls turned out. A coonsil lassie - that's not being snobbish but it's the only way I can describe her - who I fancied (but she didn't want to know) turned into a right soor-faced hag. The last girl I got a kiss off turned into a stunning woman, well dressed and elegant. Dunno why I didn't pursue her after the end of school but no regrets. Must've been busy washing my hair.