Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Vaping Relaxation Law

SeeBass

I've never been a smoker but find the proposal to allow Vaping on a bus journey or train ride pretty horrendous.  We took long enough to get smoking out of said local pub or bar why do we keep trying to go back to the stone age days?? One of the worst things in the world nowadays is when somebody is using their equipment and the disgusting smell is thrown straight in one's face from nowhere!!

Cynic in me says corrupt politicians with shares in Vaping companies are on the attack following the recent article suggesting (drum roll for fuck all affect) that vaping might not be 'safe'

I am enjoing how the argument of 'its less harmful than smoking' (future saatchi & saatchi billboard) is being spun so it can be translated by the masses as 'they said its safe!'

Personally I prefer the alternative to vaping.

Chewing a piece of juicy fruit gum whilst spraying random strangers with a can of Lynx

Not smoke it's vapour.  There's literally no fire so no smoke.  That said I don't think the laws need changed on it.  Bad enough all the fumes you have little choice in breathing when you walk down the street so no need to force folk to breath in a gas that the long term effects are unknown. Fyi I use a vaporizer, it's defo helped get me off the fags and my lungs do feel better for it but I've never been under any illusion that it isn't harmful in some way and I will phase it out pretty soon.  I do miss smoking though.

I do miss smoking though.

I smoked for a third of a century. Haven't had a cigarette since March 2013 and don't miss it at all. I'll never have one ever again. The big difference this time - tried to give up loads of times before including once for six months - is that I'm a non-smoker... in my head. Just a pointless, destructive habit.

Still addicted to nicotine unfortunately. Been using the spray every day for 5.43 years. 

Nae quite born with a fag in my hand but nae far aff it.

Stopped a million times, started again 999,999 times.

Not had a puff since 12/12/01

Not going to now.

Tried nicotene replacement but just kept the cravings going for me.

Cold Turkey (as they say) was the only way I could succeed.

Saw a bit on TV the other night asking why the NHS isn't promoting vaping as a "safer" alternative to smoking. They just cannot do as vaping has only been around just over 10 years and there is very little in the way of research as yet as to the long term effects of inhaling nicotine infused vapour......there are chemicals creating the "flavour" and these could prove harmful if used long term.

There is no doubt not inhaling tar etc will be good for you however we live in such a litigious age that if a vaper....especially one who has done so exclusively and has never smoked cigarettes....develops lung cancer the NHS would find itself on the receiving end of a whacking great claim for damages if it were to promote vaping..

Just say No folks....