Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Runrig The Last Dance

Lencarl

I never got into them masel but did see them live 20 years ago cos the loon was into them.

Good body of work and the imagery in the first video was superbly Scottish.

Sad to hear of them "retiring" though. Why do that? If you love what you do, why give up on it? Maybe don't love what they do anymore but why not play a gig 2 or 3 times a year when there's quite obviously a demand - globally - for shit like this? No need to announce a big retirement I would have thought but there may well be personal considerations I'm not aware of.

Loved this from Runrig, my old man likes them, could never get into them myself though, although this got my attention, wonderful song.

I only really got into their music around 5 years ago but have since acquired all their recent concert DVDs. They will be missed in Scotland and Europe where they performed to huge audiences. My favourite song has to be Every River

Hard to believe that last night's concert was their very last ever. Fans still believe there will be a reunion. There is even a petition out to sign.

No idea if will happen but there will never be a Scottish band like Runrig again :thumbsup:

P.S... The very last song at The Last Dance concert was Hearts of Olden Glory..A classic  :thumbsup:

How terribly sad. On a number of levels. That video brought tears to my eyes.

The expiry of Runrig is unnecessary. There is life in the old dogs. The demand is still there, and it's strong.

It's symbolic of the death of the independence for Scotland demand. The band, like the country, is incapable of change and afraid to innovate. It's not prepared to put in the work. They just rehash the same old messages as yesteryear.

Ewen McGregor was right. It's shite being Scottish.

Never got into them,but mind them as far back as the late Seventies becoming regulars in Aberdeen.Decent innings for a band.

ps If thats your recording,my brother and his bit o stuff are about 4 rows ahead  :wave:

Not mine, I was around 10 rows from the stage in the middle of the crowd.

The band reckon the concert will be out on DVD in about one year's time. Seems a long time to edit the event :confused: