Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Lewis Ferguson Tribunal

So the day of reckoning is getting closer for the tribunal to set the fee for young Ferguson.

Saw this article in The Sun ( I know, I know I shouldn't) and thought it worthy of sharing.

The boy at Hamilton is surely totally fucking deluded and it appears as if their request is now up to £1.2m  :laughing:

Surely his performances since joining us have got fuck all to do with any price put upon him.

Highlights of the article include him sucking The Huns boaby regarding Docherty (correct me if I'm wrong but this is totally different as he was under contract) and also the fact that Ferguson has played all four Europa League games for Aberdeen. So which two games did I completely miss out on in the past few weeks.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3068226/lewis-ferguson-hamilton-aberdeen-tribunal-club-philosophy-blow/

I think the Hamilton boy is right to demand as much as he can get and I'd back his right to do so all day long. Whether he gets it or not is another matter but put the shoe on the other foot and we'd be raging if one of the cheeks signed our hottest prospect in years and a tribunal only gave us a pittance.

we'd be raging if one of the cheeks signed our hottest prospect in years and a tribunal only gave us a pittance.

which is normally exactly what they do.

Is it not a calculation based on age, years of development etc?

Just because the cash giddy guffy hoors pay stupid money for somebody it doesn't mean that then sets the bar for all future transfer activity.

I think it is also based on the amount they have offered to retain the player - in writing - at the time of (AFCs) purchase. Plus development costs.

For example, if they have offered him a 4 year deal at £1,500K per week (£300K approx total) we'd be liable for some or all of that. That's what they've valued him at and so we shouldn't be expected to pay significantly higher than that at tribunal with development costs added.

That's certainly my understanding anyway, but I could be wrong.

I think it is also based on the amount they have offered to retain the player - in writing - at the time of (AFCs) purchase. Plus development costs.

For example, if they have offered him a 4 year deal at £1,500K per week (£300K approx total) we'd be liable for some or all of that. That's what they've valued him at and so we shouldn't be expected to pay significantly higher than that at tribunal with development costs added.

That's certainly my understanding anyway, but I could be wrong.

Think tribunal can also take into account any previous offers made to Accies for Ferguson when setting the compensation.

to be honest, what's the point of trying to second guess these corrupt bastards anyway?

Suspensions upheld, suspensions rescinded, docking teams 2 points because it fits into a prearranged "decider" schedule (Hearts), not following up the throwing of an elbow...we'll get fucked over, others don't. It's the way it is and we just have to doff our caps, mumble "thank you very much sir" and be on our way.

Derek McInnes insists Aberdeen won't get drawn into a war of words with Hamilton Academical over the value of Lewis Ferguson. Maybe it is about time that Aberdeen did start saying what they think. Another club in the SPFL does it on a daily basis and their fans and the Scottish media lap it up.  :frown:

PS....SPFL panel will be instructed to ignore everything he’s done since pitching up at Pittodrie.

And that includes his acrobatic goal in the defeat against the Clarets at Turf Moor.

Derek McInnes insists Aberdeen won't get drawn into a war of words with Hamilton Academical over the value of Lewis Ferguson. Maybe it is about time that Aberdeen did start saying what they think. Another club in the SPFL does it on a daily basis and their fans and the Scottish media lap it up.  :frown:

PS....SPFL panel will be instructed to ignore everything he’s done since pitching up at Pittodrie.

And that includes his acrobatic goal in the defeat against the Clarets at Turf Moor.

We don't need to say anything because there are reasonably clear guidelines which the panel will look at. They will not respond to shitey paper talk or base their decisions on what Hamilton rep said in the Sun. There is no conspiracy either way (if anything the conspiracy would likely favour us as the bigger team), they'll base the value on development cost (as per the rules) and Hamilton's offer to the player in writing and any offers they received in writing prior to our signing him. It's absurd that any discussions are even happening in public, I'm not sure what Hamilton think they'll gain.

We don't need to say anything because there are reasonably clear guidelines which the panel will look at. They will not respond to shitey paper talk or base their decisions on what Hamilton rep said in the Sun. There is no conspiracy either way (if anything the conspiracy would likely favour us as the bigger team), they'll base the value on development cost (as per the rules) and Hamilton's offer to the player in writing and any offers they received in writing prior to our signing him. It's absurd that any discussions are even happening in public, I'm not sure what Hamilton think they'll gain.

Maybe an attempt at frightening other teams off from approaching other youngsters? Not that it should work of course but would at least be some kind of explanation.

Never mind the players though, maybe we should be signing their entire youth development set up?

Maybe an attempt at frightening other teams off from approaching other youngsters?

They probably need a catchy slogan to make it stick.

Stranger Danger did the trick back in the day, so maybe something similarly catchy  ;D

Possibly a shrewd move by the club not releasing the fee imo.  We clearly have a wee bit of cash to spend this summer and I suspect they are trying to keep their powder dry so other clubs don't know what we have available.  This may yet turn out to be a good window for us as a result.