Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen Players Leaving Football Early

I seem to recall Fergus Tiernan leaving football completely not long after he parted ways with us to become a firefighter full-time.  Any other Aberdeen player done said same thing??  Did Derek Stillie not give up quite early to do Law??  Michael Watt not go into finance world too before he was 30 years old??  Whatever happened to Malcolm Kpedekpo?!?!

I was just going to mention Jim Hermiston.Mind me and my pal asking for a kick about with him as he sunned himself at his caravan  8)  in Moray in the 70s.Think he was late 20s when he became a bobby,and moved to Oz.Someone else become a bobby. Thomson? canna mind

Malcolm Kpedekpo went into private equity

Whatever happened to Malcolm Kpedekpo?!?!

I wouldn't have been able to tell you until a couple of days ago. Daughter 2 was up from Glasgow with her boyfriend for the weekend. Like her, he's doing a Ph.D. but he's doing it through his employer and one of his bosses (possibly one of the owners) is MK, in some finance thing I don't understand. I forgot he existed until the boyfriend asked me if I remembered him, knowing I was AFC (he's a Parkhead ST).

I remember Kpedekpo deein audit for KPMG in the early century. He was a decent laugh. Gave up fitba entirely, didn't even play juniors or such like to keep his heed in. Played against him at fives from memory. Doesn't really count as someone who gave up playing early, more that he didn't make it.

Gary MacDonald stopped playing in 2008 aged 26 after a spell at Oldham. Don't know if it was injury or whatever, but he just disappeared.

Rico, I thought he was at Hamilton Academical and St.Johnstone after us til at least 2015??  I loved his two equalising goals against Kilmarnock away (there's a You Tube video of me and a mate going daft by ourselves as everybody else had moved up stand due to the bad weather) and Motherwell away when he was sent off shortly afterwards for taking his shirt off whilst celebrating. 

I wish somebody would do a similar video for all of Derek's four seasons with us.  Whoever added background music to attached clip has got it spot on.  There were some crazy games and results during 2009-10 which I'd forgotten about til watching this again.

Enjoyed watching that SeeBass.

Mulgrew had some left foot, very few could hit the ball as sweet as he did, shame he jumped ship as soon as they came calling, but to be fair, he played regularly for them.

Also, Michael Paton, some of those finishes were terrific, can't really remember if he got a good run of games under his belt or was used mostly from the bench? In any case, his career never took off and I'm too lazy to look him up now to see if he even still plays.

Lastly, can't remember Gary McDonald scoring as much as he did, I remember the last minute goal against Raith, that's it  ???

Enjoyed watching that SeeBass.

Mulgrew had some left foot, very few could hit the ball as sweet as he did, shame he jumped ship as soon as they came calling, but to be fair, he played regularly for them.

Also, Michael Paton, some of those finishes were terrific, can't really remember if he got a good run of games under his belt or was used mostly from the bench? In any case, his career never took off and I'm too lazy to look him up now to see if he even still plays.

Lastly, can't remember Gary McDonald scoring as much as he did, I remember the last minute goal against Raith, that's it  ???

Paton was at Dunfermline last season and moved to Dumbarton in the summer.

Paton was at Dunfermline last season and moved to Dumbarton in the summer.

I eventually did look him up, interesting to note that he was told several times he could leave the club but opted to stay and fight for his place ( If his Wiki page is to be believed )

He also plays as a winger and has done since leaving us pretty much.