Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

James Wilson

"He is a player I feel will very quickly become an important member of the squad, McInnes told Dons' website.He is a real quality player who I think will suit the way we play.Having spoken to him, I think he sees this move as a real opportunity for him, McInnes said. There were other clubs interested in taking James, but he feels this is the right place for him to continue his development.

Below is a link to his Man U career so far.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-wilson-deadline-day-14997241.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Some Aberdeen fans on Social Media need to have a word with themselves.

They are saying why are we signing a player that can not even get a game for Man United. If he was playing for their first team do they really think he would be coming here on loan...  :laughing:

Ps...Get May out on loan preferably to another Scottish club so he will not play against us this season. You know it makes sense  :thumbsup:

Promise in youth often turns to shit. Sometimes it's women and drink. Sometimes it's money. Other times it's billy big baws, thinking they've made it already. In these scenarios, they don't put in the workrate that highlighted their promise at an early age in the first place. Add in an ACL injury and there's no fucking chance.

Ps...Get May out on loan preferably to another Scottish club so he will not play against us this season. You know it makes sense  :thumbsup:

And then Wilson gets injured in his 3rd game for us out for 6-8 weeks leaving us with Cosgrove or Anderson as our only options? I would agree with you wholeheartedly if we got 2 strikers in but we cannot take the chance with just one in the door.

And then Wilson gets injured in his 3rd game for us out for 6-8 weeks leaving us with Cosgrove or Anderson as our only options? I would agree with you wholeheartedly if we got 2 strikers in but we cannot take the chance with just one in the door.

Just put a clause in the loan deal to get him back IF bad injuries to other players. Sure that has been done by other clubs we have dealt with in the past regarding loan deals.

Not ideal but if needs must.

Surely its Cosgrove we need to get out on loan. May at least looked like scoring on Saturday and helped create chances including a couple for Cosgrove which he failed miserably to take. Cosgrove just looked totally out of his depth.

Promise in youth often turns to shit. Sometimes it's women and drink. Sometimes it's money. Other times it's billy big baws, thinking they've made it already. In these scenarios, they don't put in the workrate that highlighted their promise at an early age in the first place. Add in an ACL injury and there's no fucking chance.

There very seldom seems a way back for these guys.

Even when the start to put the effort in later in their career.

Talent is a strange thing, once it's gone it's gone.

James Wilson is better than Jamie Vardy reckons Manchester United coach Clayton Blackmore Manchester United youth coach Clayton Blackmore insists Aberdeen have snapped up the best young prospect he’s ever seen in striker James Wilson.“People think he’s a target man but he’s not, he’s a player who plays off the front. Get him on the ball and get him running at teams.

“He’s fantastic running with the ball and could finish from 30 yards with both feet. There are very few players who can do that.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/james-wilson-better-jamie-vardy-13081581

That will do for me  :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...
20 hours ago, BigAl said:

Signed

Two year contract with Port Vale.

2 hours ago, scotfree said:

He's joined Port Vale on a two year contract. 

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

I think he's signed for Port Vale. 

Hell of an echo in here.

All the way back from the land of Oz ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1