Author Topic: Dundee V Aberdeen  (Read 2083 times)

Ramperbamper, ayrshire_don74, rocket_scientist, Edinburghdon and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Ten Caat

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 39
Re: Dundee V Aberdeen
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2018, 04:16:29 PM »
Sounds a fkn dreary old game. 11 corners yet sod all end product. Lets hope Anderson can change things

Offline Lencarl

• First Team
  • Rating: 11
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2018, 04:56:13 PM »
Managed to watch the second half. Looked pretty even until the penalty win for Aberdeen. May was shit as per, no idea how he played in the first half. Good result for us considering  . :thumbsup:
NEVER plan ahead.

Online KennyFuckinPowers

• First Team
  • Rating: 8
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2018, 04:56:24 PM »
3 points the only positive out of that. Dundee apparently very wasteful in front of goal, had plenty of clear opportunities. Think May forced Hamilton into one save and young Anderson hit the bar.

Still room for improvement, but 2 games and 4 points.
Fuck the Tories

Offline LA-Don

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 21
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2018, 05:38:27 PM »
Yup. Right now with the injuries and squad we have a win is a win. Job done.

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 19
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2018, 05:42:23 PM »
Piss poor performance today against a shite Dundee side. Got a bit better once Anderson replaced Cosgrove and we at least looked like we carried some goal threat. Anderson has to start next week. Thought Gleeson again looked poor along with McGinn. GMS started poorly but got better as game progressed and Dundee fans started abusing him. We desperately need a striker in and also a number 10.

Offline A llad insane

• First Team
  • Rating: 12
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2018, 07:45:43 PM »
Not long back, 3 points that's about all i can say, Dundee missing 2 or 3 very good chances , their main striker was pap.   We so badly need a creative midfielder & at least 1 striker,mabye 2.
  Improved greatly as a team when the energetic Anderson & Wright came on, full of energy & Bruce hit the bar. Thought Gleeson's use of the ball was very good today, Niall should have been hooked as he was pants, G.M.S was better.         Devlin & Considine strolled through game.  Lewis is god.

We will get better, but 3 players needed.

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
  • Rating: 54
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2018, 08:17:09 PM »
Cosgrove just doesn't move. Number of times today Mcginn looked up expecting Cosgrove to make a run and it just didn't happen. He is static far too much. We don't need to be playing him against Dundee, surely?

I thought our attacking intent today was devoid of ideas. Not sure what May was supposed to be doing but whatever it was he didn't do it very well.

As with last week, for the amount of touches Gleeson gets on the ball he should be a bit braver in his use of it, but maybe that will come as he settles into the side.

There are so few goals in that team - we need a penalty box striker, like an Adam Rooney of 3 years ago
It's not about escaping. It's about getting out with a bit of dignity.
If you're in it, don't fucking moan about it, make it yours and leave a mark

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 19
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2018, 09:34:13 PM »
A shit game for us but will happily take the three points. God was doing the commentary on Sportsound and said we will struggle if Cosgrove is our main attacking threat. I think he has a role to play in the team, but certainly not the player we need to put the ball in the net.  For me Anderson should start the next game, if we haven't got anyone in by then.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 75
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2018, 10:42:35 PM »
Well doesn't sound like it's one to stick in the memories of the fans. 3 points are very important and hopefully the next few weeks are used wisely. Good to hear Anderson getting some more game time.

Offline Dunty

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 13
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2018, 11:47:56 PM »
Not great but deserved the three points. Sometimes we as fans underestimate how tough it is to win away from home in the Premiership. Look at how many Hibs & Hearts have shipped in recent seasons, Rangers too. Three points on the road is always a good result.

GMS and Devlin were excellent.

Bear in mind that's not our strongest team we've got out at the moment. Logan or Hoban at right back would be good. Gleeson still settling in - I'd like to see us try Gleeson/Ball as a partnership with Shinnie at LB.

Forrester should get a bit more game time, could do with more creativity. And it doesn't need to be said really we need a new striker and fast.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2018, 07:39:25 AM »
Having watched the game today, a few things stood out. 

1) Mikey Devlin is a beast. What a signing he could prove to be
2) Bruce Anderson has to start next week.  Appears to have drive and ambition
3) Cosgrove needs to be benched
4) GMS continued his good start to the season - granted he started off slowly in this game but definitely grew into it
5) just under 3,000 dandies. Excellent support as per

I wouldn't say the defence looked very good (Devlin and probably consie aside) as I think Dundee asked a few questions of us but fortunately weren't able to actually capitalise on them.  I'll put that down to us not having our proper team out.

McGinn looked decent in the first then terrible in the second, although did put in a couple of decent balls that with a bit of luck, someone could have made the most of.  Their no3 had him absolutely sorted the whole time he was on the pitch.

May, I thought he didn't play too badly tbh.  He's trying and was unlucky with his turn and shot in the first half.  He also put it on a plate for Cosgrove who just shot tamely.  I've yet to see him hit a shot with any sort of power?  That should have been 1-0 imo.  Still undecided if it will work out for May at Pittodrie.  I still think, as everyone else has said, we really need some creativity through the middle and another striker.  I'd like Anderson to keep getting his chance but I would like a proven goalscorer in the team as well.  Anderson offers something different. But it would be unfair to rely completely on him.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2018, 09:51:25 AM »
As an aside, but it looks like the celebrations for the goal were very muted? Not a single proper bounce. It was almost like we were 4-0 up?

Offline Dunty

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2018, 10:11:07 PM »
As an aside, but it looks like the celebrations for the goal were very muted? Not a single proper bounce. It was almost like we were 4-0 up?

Saw a video of the goal from the crowd, where everyone else seemed to be filming it too. Not only that, they were all sitting as the penalty was taken - who sits at a penalty?

Strange support yesterday. Was Burnley really only 10 days ago, seems like a lifetime already.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2018, 10:34:37 PM »
Saw a video of the goal from the crowd, where everyone else seemed to be filming it too. Not only that, they were all sitting as the penalty was taken - who sits at a penalty?

Strange support yesterday. Was Burnley really only 10 days ago, seems like a lifetime already.

from reading twitter since, seems like the fans are properly divided. Hating on DNA members, hating on songs.  WTF has happened to our support?!?  Read reports of a punch up in the home end because of certain songs being sung.

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -55
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2018, 10:52:46 PM »
The club has deliberately split the support with their DNA pish.

Unless of course they just took it for granted that everyone would be happy to bow down to their " founder member" shite.

Offline tom_widdows

• Captain
  • Rating: 29
  • Miserable CĂșnt & Architectural Killjoy
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2018, 10:58:43 PM »
from reading twitter since, seems like the fans are properly divided. Hating on DNA members, hating on songs.  WTF has happened to our support?!?  Read reports of a punch up in the home end because of certain songs being sung.

Certain comments on the officla AFC facebook feed suggest a certain song about Dumbarton's assistant manager split the support.
Also complaints from people about people complaining about them stadning up, language used, their political persuasion, whether they wore boxers or briefs and so on.

Few of the comments remind me of people who compain about drivers who don't break speed limits. Along the lines of 'I'll act like a prick if I want to and if you don't like it you're a killjoy'

This sort of shit isnt new, just perhaps getting more coverage now, or maybe as people are getting older they are getting less tolerant (from both sides).
Bringing back standing should remove one of the arguments anyway

I'm a man, and as a man I crave disappointment.

That's why I support Aberdeen Football Club & Scotland.

Online Ramperbamper

• Under 21's
  • Rating: -1
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2018, 11:04:13 PM »
It's nonsense really.

If you don't like a song being sung, start a chorus of something else and drown it out, which has the added bonus of keeping the atmosphere going.

Don't boo the songs, start fights with other fans or go grassing folk up to stewards while sitting on your hands. Dickish behaviour.

From what I can gather, it seemed to be overweight middle aged men (possibly Weegies) who started having a go at young laddies enjoying their day out and having a sing song.

Offline tom_widdows

• Captain
  • Rating: 29
  • Miserable CĂșnt & Architectural Killjoy
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2018, 11:18:52 PM »
It's nonsense really.

If you don't like a song being sung, start a chorus of something else and drown it out, which has the added bonus of keeping the atmosphere going.

Don't boo the songs, start fights with other fans or go grassing folk up to stewards while sitting on your hands. Dickish behaviour.

From what I can gather, it seemed to be overweight middle aged men (possibly Weegies) who started having a go at young laddies enjoying their day out and having a sing song.

Perhaps another factor in the civil war.
The aberdeen based fans hate the Glasgow based ones and vice versa
The Wester Ross based fans hate the Inverness based ones etc
The Perth based fans hate the dundee based ones etc
everyone hates the edinburgh based ones etc
and no one really cares about the Borders, englandshire or foreign based ones.
I'm a man, and as a man I crave disappointment.

That's why I support Aberdeen Football Club & Scotland.

Offline Dunty

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2018, 11:52:50 PM »
Perhaps another factor in the civil war.
The aberdeen based fans hate the Glasgow based ones and vice versa
The Wester Ross based fans hate the Inverness based ones etc
The Perth based fans hate the dundee based ones etc
everyone hates the edinburgh based ones etc
and no one really cares about the Borders, englandshire or foreign based ones.

I've always thought one of the best things about the Aberdeen support, certainly the away support, is that it's from all over the place. Glasgow, Stirling, Edinburgh, Dundee - but all supporting a team miles from home because fuck the old firm, we'll support the Dons.

Be a shame if there's a divide coming because of that. Last thing we need is to start putting fans off from going.

Online rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -144
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2018, 12:44:31 AM »
Bruce Anderson is the only natural striker in the squad.

Ony cunt who kens onythin aboot fitba can see this from 2 x subs appearances only.

So what the fuck is that beardie cunt looking at week in week out that he doesn't start him?

Fucking wank.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise