Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

mikey devlin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic a bit but that means Devlin Considine Shinnie and Ball as a potential back 4 for the Dundee game. I though dm said we have 4 defenders now injured. Reynolds Hoban McKenna and ? Or is it 4 out with Logan suspended??

DM said he’s having to bring in a defender or two, this to me is when you involve youth.

Depends on Hoban I guess, there's been no indication of what his problem is or for how long he will be out. We all knew we needed a full back anyway, left sided preferably, having Dundee this week probably means we could take a punt on young Harrington at right back but we definitely need someone in before the Hibs game on the 25th and we also have to hope that neither Devlin or Consi cop an injury or else we could be in really deep shit.

• 3 weeks later...

So Shinnie makes the Scotland squad and McKenna will make a future squad when fit again. How far away is Devlin? I’d argue he’s been as good if not better than McKenna in the games they played together. Looks an absolute stud so far. And who else is clearly better?

So Shinnie makes the Scotland squad and McKenna will make a future squad when fit again. How far away is Devlin? I’d argue he’s been as good if not better than McKenna in the games they played together. Looks an absolute stud so far. And who else is clearly better?

Think if Devlin had not been out for 12 months with ACL injury he might well have made the squad but as he has only played a handful of games I suspect this squad is to soon for him to be called up. If he continues to play the way he is would think he will be in squad by November games.

Aberdeen will appeal against the red card shown to defender Michael Devlin early in Saturday's 2-0 defeat to Kilmarnock."It is debatable to say the least," said Dons manager Derek McInnes of the dismissal after the match at Pittodrie."We are disappointed with some of the decisions. It is tough when you go down to 10 men so early on."

There is an image on the go of Eamonn Brophy pulling the shirt of Devlin BEFORE he went down.

If this red card is upheld the corrupt folk at the SFA/SPFL will be there for all to see.

Especially after Steven Naismith of Hearts and Alan MacGregor of Rangers BOTH not being cited for kicking out at opposition players when the video footage is there for all to see!

I am not sure Devlin will get off with this to be honest. I am not 100% sure what the rules are exactly. My understanding is, that you can't look at an incident and say he was fouled first (common sense I know ???:hammer:). I think the review will be solely based on - did Devlin foul Brophy - yes or no? If it is not clear that he didn't (which in my opinion it is not) then the red card will be upheld. It has to be clear that there has been an error on the referees part (with regards to the foul by Devlin), if it is not a clear error then they won't rescind it. Absence of proof of foul play is not a reason to rescind.

You would like to think common sense will prevail and they will rescind it but I am not overly confident in the SFA judicial panel's ability to see common sense! :dunno:

Especially after Steven Naismith of Hearts and Alan MacGregor of Rangers BOTH not being cited for kicking out at opposition players when the video footage is there for all to see!

Those aren't red cards in the rules anymore (see my post on the hun thread). Neither Morelos's

I am not sure Devlin will get off with this to be honest. I am not 100% sure what the rules are exactly. My understanding is, that you can't look at an incident and say he was fouled first (common sense I know ???:hammer:). I think the review will be solely based on - did Devlin foul Brophy - yes or no? If it is not clear that he didn't (which in my opinion it is not) then the red card will be upheld. It has to be clear that there has been an error on the referees part (with regards to the foul by Devlin), if it is not a clear error then they won't rescind it. Absence of proof of foul play is not a reason to rescind.

That sounds more like VAR rules than panel rules. I think the panel can take a more in depth view as they're not there to correct in real time. You could be right with your first part, however if it is deemed that Devlin wouldn't have been behind the player if he hadn't been pulled back himself then that could come in to it. I thought Thompson was fucking atrocious at the weekend, and I genuinely think it was arrogance and personality that led him to his red card decision. I could see his reasoning, and it could very much have been read the way that he read it, but I would think that 80-90% of refs in Scotland would have given the yellow card in that instance without cause for complaint/citation. After the pull on Devlin, Brophy is at a standing start from 30 yards going toward the corner, rather than the centre, of the box in a straight line (i.e. his first touch would have had to have been a turn toward goal rather than a shot/clear opportunity). I'm 100% certain that we'd have had a player back in time.

I think that the panel will have overturned too many decisions already and will feel obliged to retain one, and Devlin will be suspended. I've looked out a pretty good jobby that I've been saving in the freezer for this type of occasion and I'll be addressing to the SFA on confirmation of that suspension.