Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Huns league opener - Sun 5 Aug

Obviously not our main focus just yet, but not a bad fixture to kick start our season, regardless of outcome on Thursday. Going to be a really intriguing tie and looks set to be a sell out.  They're a bit of an unknown entity given the amount of changes across the board, but i'd hope that DM has another signing or two up his sleeve before this game and the team fired up for it.  We still need a bit more creativity in the middle but the squad feels a bit more balanced this season. Hopefully see a few more youngsters make the step up too, certainly a few knocking on the door.

Game is live on Sky Sports

in / out: out

pre match: Bed

match: Bed

post match: Bed

Prediction 1-1, McKenna

http%3A%2F%2Fe0.365dm.com%2F16%2F09%2F16-9%2F20%2Frangers-aberdeen-james-maddison_3793956.jpg%3F20160925151543

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay we are out of Europe ( we would have not won the competition anyway ) but we are more than capable of winning the Scottish Premiership. Play like we did in the Burnley ties and their will be no complaints from me.

Aberdeen 2 The Rangers 1  :thumbsup:

For folk unable to attend the match at Pittodrie it is live on RED TV International and SKY.

Back to proper football on Sunday and looking forward it, always enjoy the first game of a season and hope we can send Gerrard and his motley crew back down the road with zero points.

Last nights game will have taken its toll on us, so be interesting to see how we line up against them

I'm not making a prediction on this one though as I really don't trust McInnes against these cunts.

COYR 

Rangers are not better than Burnley and if the players apply that kind of effort we'll be fine. HOWEVER, few things -

We are pretty poor in attack with no forward - we are expected to attack more against the huns, or are we going to be a sit in and counter attack team this year. Not pretty to watch.

DM always seems to fuck up tactics against the huns, same on Sunday?

How much are the players drained from Europe? Extra time too, that was a tough game. I know it's early season but we have a small squad, I expect to see Gleeson and Forrester start.

1-1 - Stevie May!

Could really have done without the extra time and hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the bum against der Hun.

We know DM is instinctively cautious so really wouldn't expect the team to set up much differently on Sunday, Hoban replacing Logan is obviously an enforced change with either Ball or Gleeson starting in midfield.

Dont expect many goals so would be happy with us sneaking a 1-0 to get us up and rolling.

Don't think playing 30 minutes more than Rangers did on Thursday is going to make much difference to us on Sunday. McInnes can still make plenty of changes anyway if he wants, though I think the line-up won't be too far away from last night.

Logan suspended for this? So Hoban at right back maybe?

Ferguson was used as a secondary striker last night which worked well. With the lack of a goal scorer at the moment I'd stick with that.

McInnes will likely put Ball-Shinnie in midfield, but would like to see Gleeson start with Shinnie playing left-back. Gleeson's lack of game time doesn't help, but would freshen it up a little after Thursday.

I'd go with

Lewis

Hoban Devlin McKenna Shinnie

Ball Gleeson

McGinn Ferguson Mackay-Steven

Cosgrove

Though McGinn limped off last night so wouldn't be surprised if Wright started.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Unless it's a nil nil I'd be surprised if we take anything from this match. The defence is starting to look great but don't see where a goal is coming from when we are up against the decent teams in this league.

First goal will be vital today. If it goes to the Tribute Act then we are up against it. Sadly no new striker in so we are still relying on May and Cosgrove to be the main goal threat which neither has looked like being so far. Would expect Hoban to replace Logan at right back and Ball to take his position in the middle from Thursday.

In

Pub for breakfast

Y

Lift back to Capital

0-0

From BBC Website

Aberdeen trio Sam Cosgrove, Tommie Hoban and Niall McGinn are struggling to be fit for Sunday's Premiership opener against Rangers. Shay Logan starts a three-game ban

Really hope that these players make it today. Logan will be missed but will still go for the win.  :thumbsup:

Squad could be very stretched today on the back of Thursday, and with Logan out. However I’m optimistic as usual and I think we’ll have a proper go at them. So....

In

South

1-0

Considine

Wild Vodka fuelled celebrations

COYR!  :AFC2:

Ex Aberdeen manager Alex Miller on Sevco

"They don't have enough to win the Premiership, but they have more about them than Aberdeen. They will finish ahead of everyone bar Celtic."

Let's do this. I fully expect GMS to put on his best display so far in a Aberdeen jersey.

Shower of cunts, from Charlie Adam to Alex Miller etc... These cunts are dinosaurs, the lead up to this opener has been cringeworthy as fuck, the creaming over Gerrard & Rangers is at an all time high & I would absolutely fucking love it if we trounce these arseholes today. Enough to make you fucking sick, bastards.

COYFR!

Unbelievably shocking first half.

Ball made a fatal error before Morelos got a (soft) red and then makes another one, totally unnecessarily to hand them a pen. Did McInnes not see the game at Parkhead, the first time he tried him at RB?

Cosgrove looking like he needs four on a plate before he gets one.

Absolutely zero chances against 10 men not a good sign. Jack strolling through the game.