Author Topic: The national stadium question  (Read 1593 times)

Online tom_widdows

• Captain
  • Rating: 30
  • Miserable Cúnt & Architectural Killjoy
Re: The national stadium question
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2018, 02:47:47 PM »
I assume Tom Farmer isn't a weegie? That aside, it's a good point. The national game shoudn't be an investment vehicle for someone who owns nearby property or wants to make a mint off hotels and shite. I know it is, I'm just saying that it shouldn't be. Fitba really isn't a sport anymore, is it?

Tom Hunter (New Cumnock) is the man yer after

Tom Farmer (as far as I know) hasn't done anything yet. Hes from Leith if anyone's interested

I'm a man, and as a man I crave disappointment.

That's why I support Aberdeen Football Club & Scotland.

Online RicoS321

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 66
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2018, 04:56:47 PM »
Tom Hunter (New Cumnock) is the man yer after

Tom Farmer (as far as I know) hasn't done anything yet. Hes from Leith if anyone's interested

Whatever. Fuckin weegies.

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 47
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2018, 06:22:43 PM »
Really don't see what the whinge fest is all about.  Everything I am hearing about this decison seems positive.  They are going to try and find a way to renovate the stadium so there will be better views behind the goal. Tick.  The SFA will no longer be contractually obliged tp play all competitive games at Hampden and can use other grounds. Tick. Not one fucking penny leaving the Scottish game for the SRU.  Tick.  Seems to me this is a really good outcome for the Scottish game.  Oh and Willie haughey was on the radio last night saying investment is not a loan but a no strings gift.
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline CvB

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2018, 06:53:21 PM »
Really don't see what the whinge fest is all about.  Everything I am hearing about this decison seems positive.  They are going to try and find a way to renovate the stadium so there will be better views behind the goal. Tick.  The SFA will no longer be contractually obliged tp play all competitive games at Hampden and can use other grounds. Tick. Not one fucking penny leaving the Scottish game for the SRU.  Tick.  Seems to me this is a really good outcome for the Scottish game.  Oh and Willie haughey was on the radio last night saying investment is not a loan but a no strings gift.

Unless they plan to bulldoze the shitholes that surround hampden then I don't see much improvement.
Unless there's a plan to improve the infrastructure so it doesn't take 3 hours to get past the city boundries then it will still be a shit place to go to a game of football.
All this money that's "not going to the SRU" will be used for what exactly?
For Scottish football to move forward it needs a radical overhaul and cutting the links to glasgow should be step one.

I think your ticks may need some ointment because I'm not seeing anything particularly positive from them.

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2018, 10:10:38 PM »
Unless they plan to bulldoze the shitholes that surround hampden then I don't see much improvement.
Unless there's a plan to improve the infrastructure so it doesn't take 3 hours to get past the city boundries then it will still be a shit place to go to a game of football.
All this money that's "not going to the SRU" will be used for what exactly?
For Scottish football to move forward it needs a radical overhaul and cutting the links to glasgow should be step one.

I think your ticks may need some ointment because I'm not seeing anything particularly positive from them.

Cool story bro.  Why don't you just say you don't agree because you fucking hate Glasgow and be done with it?

Offline CvB

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2018, 08:14:35 AM »
Cool story bro.  Why don't you just say you don't agree because you fucking hate Glasgow and be done with it?

hey Bro...(what the fuck are you, 12?)

Why don't you just accept that some people think the stadium is a fucking dump.

Newsflash dickhead, some people have differing opinions to yourself and, like yourself, want to put their opinion across.

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -61
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2018, 12:39:25 PM »
What’s wrong with hating Glasgow?
It’s a minging shitehole.

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -3
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2018, 02:01:57 PM »
I don’t hate Hampden the stadium as much as others but I just think it’s in the wrong place. Given vast numbers of the locals would rather support Ireland or the Guffs, the National Stadium should be somewhere around Perth or Stirling to make it far more accessible to the whole of Scotland. Significant numbers of the Tartan Army travel from north of the central belt. As stated above, that side of Glasgow can be horrendous to get out of if you’re travelling by car or coach.

It ain’t gonna happen.
I’d have taken Murrayfield as it’s a little easier to get to.

Online RicoS321

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 66
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2018, 02:32:03 PM »
I don’t hate Hampden the stadium as much as others but I just think it’s in the wrong place. Given vast numbers of the locals would rather support Ireland or the Guffs, the National Stadium should be somewhere around Perth or Stirling to make it far more accessible to the whole of Scotland. Significant numbers of the Tartan Army travel from north of the central belt. As stated above, that side of Glasgow can be horrendous to get out of if you’re travelling by car or coach.

It ain’t gonna happen.
I’d have taken Murrayfield as it’s a little easier to get to.

I think that having a 50K seater stadium in Stirling or Perth would only prove how stupid the idea of "a national stdaium" actually is. My folks were at Elche th'ither night watching the national team tank the world cup finalists because Spain don't need a national stadium. It's arrogant and stupid and a waste of resource. Perth or Stirling wouldn't handle 50,000 spectators coming in about to the towns. Glasgow and Edinburgh (and to an extent Aberdeen or even Dundee) could handle 35K plus regularly without issue.

Offline wee toon red

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 19
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2018, 03:29:26 PM »
I think that having a 50K seater stadium in Stirling or Perth would only prove how stupid the idea of "a national stdaium" actually is. My folks were at Elche th'ither night watching the national team tank the world cup finalists because Spain don't need a national stadium. It's arrogant and stupid and a waste of resource. Perth or Stirling wouldn't handle 50,000 spectators coming in about to the towns. Glasgow and Edinburgh (and to an extent Aberdeen or even Dundee) could handle 35K plus regularly without issue.

In a country as parochial as Scotland, and with our stacked football system being what it is, taking games "round the country" would in reality give people the chance to moan about money being spent renting stadia from the Huns/the Tims/the Sheepshaggers/the posh rugby cunts so, for once, I think the SFA were damned if they did and damned if they didn't on this one.
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?

Offline Lencarl

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 5
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2018, 03:49:56 PM »
I was looking around to see why Queens Park sold Hampden on the cheap and found out why.

We have been the owners of Scotland's National Stadium for the past 115 years. No-one can take that heritage away from us. But perhaps the time has now come for us to accept that Scottish Football in the 21st century has changed, and that in order to survive we too have to change. We have an opportunity to ensure the survival of the Queen's Park Football Club, free from potential liabilities.The National Stadium Company face a £4.5m bill for the repayment of debenture seats sold in 1999. They would also be required to return half of a £24m Millennium Commission grant handed over as part of a £60m upgrade 18 years ago if Hampden's status as 'The National Stadium' ends before 2040.

Queens Park were facing liabilities of £16m and Hampden would have to be pulled down if not sold to the SFA.
Good reason to sell for £5 Million but will the SFA still have to pay another £16 Million in bills.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 04:09:03 PM by Lencarl »
NEVER plan ahead.

Online Slim

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -985
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2018, 04:06:07 PM »
How many countries have a national stadium outwith its capital/largest city? Struggling to think of any.

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -3
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2018, 05:13:42 PM »
How many countries have a national stadium outwith its capital/largest city? Struggling to think of any.

Not sure. Vast majority surely have their national stadium in their capital city, irrespective of whether it’s the largest city.
Spain and Italy seem to rotate their venues.

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2018, 07:37:49 PM »
hey Bro...(what the fuck are you, 12?)

Why don't you just accept that some people think the stadium is a fucking dump.

Newsflash dickhead, some people have differing opinions to yourself and, like yourself, want to put their opinion across.

No I'm 39 but I thought I should drop down to your intellectual level. 

I'm well aware that some people think the place is a dump, where did I suggest otherwise?

Other opinions are fine too but when they are as stupid as some of the things you were suggesting?  This is a football forum not a special needs school. 

1. what the fuck has the housing around the stadium got to do with whether or not Scotland play there?  It's completely irrelevant.
2. if you honestly need an explanation why monies generated by scottish football staying in scottish football and significant wedge  not being handed over to another sport is a good thing then there really is no hope for you.
3. "For Scottish football to move forward it needs a radical overhaul and cutting the links to glasgow should be step one."  what the fuck does this even mean?  How does the SFA cut links with glasgow?  You want Maxwell to hold a presser stating no professional football to be played in the largest population centre in the country or something?  Away back to licking windows mate. 
Literally the only fair point you had was about transport but that can, should, and hopefully will, be worked on.

One other thing I would add as I've seen a few post's mentioning it.  I know there are some within the supports of the ugly sisters that don't support Scotland but it really is the diehard bigots.  I've been away to Kiev and Milan to watch Scotland games and there was loads of Rangers and Celtic fans there supporting Scotland.  To state that the majority won't support the Scottish national side
because they support Ireland or England instead is way off the mark if you ask me. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 02:08:50 AM by tlg1903 »

Offline Lencarl

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 5
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2018, 09:13:45 AM »
Queen's Park have claimed the Scottish FA attempted to buy Hampden Park for just £1.

A meeting of more than 100 of the amateur club’s members heard that the paltry offer was made in the hope that it would be accepted as Queen’s would have had to pay back £18m funding to the National Lottery and debenture holders if the SFA had moved to Murrayfield.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/queens-park-claim-sfa-tried-13280645

Great to see that Queens Park stood up to the SFA bully boys. The SFA are indeed a bunch of twats.
NEVER plan ahead.