Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V Burnley

Thursday 26th July 2018 19.45

:ultras:

No news of TV coverage for the home tie. The away tie is on BT which begs the question why is the away leg on TV and the home game is not. Nothing on RED TV International about coverage (yet).

Anyway this game is the real acid test for our team although we played okay in the friendly match last night this is a different kettle of fish. Would be good if we go into the second leg with a goal or two advantage.

Prediction Aberdeen 2 Burnley 1  :thumbsup: 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird that West Brom used all their players except one - Craig Dawson.

Dawson was an unused sub after putting in a transfer request and "going on strike" after Burnley put in a £25 million bid (rejected) for him and Rodriguez.

We lost 1-0 at home to WBA last season and won 2-1 away.

Weird that West Brom used all their players except one - Craig Dawson.

Dawson was an unused sub after putting in a transfer request and "going on strike" after Burnley put in a £25 million bid (rejected) for him and Rodriguez.

We lost 1-0 at home to WBA last season and won 2-1 away.

Difference being of course that your matches against them actually meant something and were competitive  ;)

2100 tickets left. Think we'll shift at least the majority of that by Thursday.

Tried to buy 3 for visiting friends last week, got told they had no chance because it was a category A game and they had no loyalty points. Welcome to Aberdeen, enjoy your night watching it in the pub while there’s scores of empty seats at the game.  ::)

Tried to buy 3 for visiting friends last week, got told they had no chance because it was a category A game and they had no loyalty points. Welcome to Aberdeen, enjoy your night watching it in the pub while there’s scores of empty seats at the game.  ::)

No Live TV coverage as yet for this match.

Burnley have confirmed this morning that our Europa League 2nd qualifying round 1st leg tie against Aberdeen, to be played at Pittodrie this Thursday, will be shown live in the fanzone at Turf Moor.

It will be shown via a HD feed from Pittodrie on the big screen on the North East Car Park and there is no charge for admission. The Fanzone bar will be open from 6 p.m., along with the Longside Stand lower tier, for food provision and toilet facilities. No food or drink will be allowed into the Fanzone.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/aberdeen-away-game-to-be-shown-at-turf-moor

This will not go down well for any TV companies who may have been considering showing the game on pay per view TV.

Yeh, I agree with having to have loyalty points, but when it's three days before a game and 2,000 are left, they should let those on 0 points buy one. They've got their name and address so not exactly a security risk.

Burnley won 3-2 at Championship side Preston tonight with the likely starting XI against Aberdeen all playing the first 55 minutes. It was then 1-1 with Aaron Lennon scoring the equaliser. Burnley put on 11 reserves in the 55th minute against a Preston side which drew 2-2 with West Ham on Saturday.

Burnley's starting XI: (4-4-1-1): Heaton; Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Ward; Lennon, Cork, Westwood, Gudmundsson; Hendrick; Vokes.

Defour (calf) definitely misses Thursday and so too almost certainly Brady, who is being eased back after a bad knee injury. Strikers Wood (hamstring) and Barnes (knee) both have minor injuries and will more likely be on the bench on Thursday (if they are risked at all).

So, apart from keeper Pope, I would say we could be without 4 who could be classed as first-choice last season (Defour, Brady, Wood, Barnes).

I certainly hope Barnes will be back for the 2nd leg - his physicality terrorised a lot of centre-halves last season.

When you watch the FA Cup from England and see the lower league teams beat the Premiership clubs in the competition I feel confident that Aberdeen will prevail over the two ties. Will be a nervous affair but we have nothing to fear. Burnley have the better players but Aberdeen we will give everything to compete in the next round.

Ps....with only a few seats left for the 1st leg at Pittodrie I can see RED TV International announcing the game live on TV on Wednesday or Thursday morning. 

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

we have nothing to fear

Aaron Lennon up against Andy Considine?  What could possibly go wrong?  ;D

Getting excited for the game, Here’s my thinking -

Lewis

Logan- Devlin-McKenna-Shinnie

Gleeson-Ferguson

McGinn-Forrester-GMS

Cosgrove

Wright if McGinn isn’t fit. Think Ferguson is a real find and deserves the start and DM will find it hard not to play him. Quality player and outstanding work ethic from what I’ve seen. DM gets lucky and is able to move Shinnie back.

Cannot see where the goals are coming from for Dons. Neither Cosgrove or May looked particularly good in the preseason games I made and cannot see either giving Burnley much of a problem. Agree with LA that Ferguson should start as he did look good in both games I have seen him play. Hopefully Gleeson is fit as would not been keen on Ball playing either. Hopefully we do enough to stay in the tie for second leg.

In

Train up then beers in town.

Y

Lift back to capital.

0-2 no Dons scorer.

Slowly getting excited about this, if we'd sign a proven striker I think I would genuinely get excited.  The pre-season game reports have improved and sounds like we've got a reasonable team in the making, but the same problem as last season hasn't been addressed.

Out

Bed

Home / Bus / Office

Work

1-3, Rooney Shinnie

May have to write off Europa to get the right man,......and hope its not a case of 'thats a yer getting'    :confused:

Heart/imagination says a draw up here,and a sensational 'diving' header from GMS to net the winner at Turf Moor    :o    COYR

Not wanting to make any excuses but I think quite a lot of Burnley fans, including me, would not be particularly bothered if we lose this tie.

When the draw was made, I was hoping for a long run in Europe but since June 20 (5 weeks) we have signed absolutely no-one and there are gaping holes in the squad - only 3 central defenders. The English deadline is on Aug 9, so I dread to think what the squad will look like if there are NO incomings.

Premier League survival (17th place and above) is paramount for the £100 million plus it brings, so an early exit may suit Dyche and a lot of fans. I think the senior players want a run at it but, even if we beat Aberdeen, I doubt Dyche would risk sending a strong team to Istanbul on August 9 - just THREE days before the first PL game at Southampton.

Win over the Dons OR win at Southampton? For me, the 3 points at Southampton are more important towards the 40 needed for PL survival.

Don't get me wrong....there are a fair few Clarets fans who would take relegation if it meant a decent glamour run in Europe, but the cynics like me realise reaching the group stages would be harmful to our league chances.

You can approach the tie differently because you know that you are unlikely to finish lower than 4th/5th.

Interesting angle claret man. But wait until you see our footballers in action. We are fucking shite and would finish 20th in the EPL every year without fail. Once we got our first 6 or 7-0 doing away to a very good football team - and we don't play any very good teams up here - our pea-sized hearts would shrink to imperceptible.

Not wanting to make any excuses but I think quite a lot of Burnley fans, including me, would not be particularly bothered if we lose this tie.

When the draw was made, I was hoping for a long run in Europe but since June 20 (5 weeks) we have signed absolutely no-one and there are gaping holes in the squad - only 3 central defenders[/b. The English deadline is on Aug 9, so I dread to think what the squad will look like if there are NO incomings.

Premier League survival (17th place and above) is paramount for the £100 million plus it brings, so an early exit may suit Dyche and a lot of fans. I think the senior players want a run at it but, even if we beat Aberdeen, I doubt Dyche would risk sending a strong team to Istanbul on August 9 - just THREE days before the first PL game at Southampton.

Win over the Dons OR win at Southampton? For me, the 3 points at Southampton are more important towards the 40 needed for PL survival.

Don't get me wrong....there are a fair few Clarets fans who would take relegation if it meant a decent glamour run in Europe, but the cynics like me realise reaching the group stages would be harmful to our league chances.

You can approach the tie differently because you know that you are unlikely to finish lower than 4th/5th.

£10m plus 25% sell on clause and Scott McKenna is yours  :thumbsup:

My God, just when you think the English couldn't get any worse.

Bought and paid for by Sky TV.

This is a footballing nation that up until recently would have told you that the F.A. Cup was the most glamorous tournament in the world.

To want to give up on European competition to help get (just another) three points in the league is atrocious.

It'll be a happy happy day when it all comes crashing down.