Author Topic: Official Europa League Thread 2018/19  (Read 8568 times)

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -60
Re: Official Europa League Thread 2018/19
« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2018, 09:56:56 AM »
I won't cancel my season ticket

But I'd bloody like to.

Loyalty points my arse.

Offline SeeBass

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 186
« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2018, 01:15:12 PM »
A friend of mine sent me the below message via Facebook regarding our home leg with Burnley;

"Anxiety is a horrible thing, and in a way the only way to overcome it is to push yourself, but only you know if you're ready to do that or not. But the other way to look at it is; how disappointed in yourself will you be if you don't go? You have to turn it around to look at it another way. Perhaps if you keep taking the medication you may be a wee bit more ready for that journey? W. x"

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
  • Rating: 51
« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2018, 11:10:09 PM »
A friend of mine sent me the below message via Facebook regarding our home leg with Burnley;

"Anxiety is a horrible thing, and in a way the only way to overcome it is to push yourself, but only you know if you're ready to do that or not. But the other way to look at it is; how disappointed in yourself will you be if you don't go? You have to turn it around to look at it another way. Perhaps if you keep taking the medication you may be a wee bit more ready for that journey? W. x"

I think your mate has made a great point there SeeBass. It could turn out to be one of the great nights of Scottish Football (either one of them) and if we got a result you would love it.
I'm not going to make it to either match as I'm away on holiday, if you can get yourself to Pittodrie sing your heart out.  The boys need your support, sing them home SeeBass.
It's not about escaping. It's about getting out with a bit of dignity.
If you're in it, don't fucking moan about it, make it yours and leave a mark

Offline SeeBass

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 186
« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2018, 12:38:13 AM »
Bobby,
          I bought my ticket in Lower Richard Donald Stand online last night and hotel is provisionally booked.  Just need a train up sorted. 

I've been speaking with my ex-Mental Health Peer Worker Moira yesterday and said to her that as much as we would like to progress as far as we can I'm very realistic about our chances in this tie. As a one off spectacle despite the opposition not filling me with any great excitement (I've already stated it is in my eyes the most boring draw we could have got) I still NEED TO BE THERE to support my heroes regardless.  Even if it only means I have the souvenir scarf and programme to show for my effort.  My Aberdeen European memorabilia is very special to me as I never thought we'd ever see my lads play seventeen continental matches in eleven years given some of the dross that has worn a Dons jersey since 1991 and my first ever match. 

Yes I want to win over the two legs but there will be some embarrassment on my part if we don't do ourselves justice.  Just don't buy into all this 'Battle Of Britain' mumbo jumbo I've seen from other supporters.   

Online Ramperbamper

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 1
« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2018, 07:49:02 AM »
that is a crazy amount of loyalty points  :o

They have realised they’ve fucked up (presumably after the outcry) and have contacted high points holders with no DNA to guarantee them a ticket in Phase 1.

Suggestion from someone who knows someone behind the scenes ( :pac:) is that on the back of this it’s likely that we’ll sell out before it gets to Phase 3 (140 points)

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 114
« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2018, 08:15:07 AM »
They have realised they’ve fucked up (presumably after the outcry) and have contacted high points holders with no DNA to guarantee them a ticket in Phase 1.

Suggestion from someone who knows someone behind the scenes ( :pac:) is that on the back of this it’s likely that we’ll sell out before it gets to Phase 3 (140 points)

I'm 1 point shy of qualifying for phase 1 despite being a black and gold season ticket holder for the last 2 season and being a DNAer ST holder this season. Pretty frustrating. I wish I was contacted to be guaranteed phase 1!

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2018, 08:24:41 AM »
Bobby,
          I bought my ticket in Lower Richard Donald Stand online last night and hotel is provisionally booked.  Just need a train up sorted. 

I've been speaking with my ex-Mental Health Peer Worker Moira yesterday and said to her that as much as we would like to progress as far as we can I'm very realistic about our chances in this tie. As a one off spectacle despite the opposition not filling me with any great excitement (I've already stated it is in my eyes the most boring draw we could have got) I still NEED TO BE THERE to support my heroes regardless.  Even if it only means I have the souvenir scarf and programme to show for my effort.  My Aberdeen European memorabilia is very special to me as I never thought we'd ever see my lads play seventeen continental matches in eleven years given some of the dross that has worn a Dons jersey since 1991 and my first ever match. 

Yes I want to win over the two legs but there will be some embarrassment on my part if we don't do ourselves justice.  Just don't buy into all this 'Battle Of Britain' mumbo jumbo I've seen from other supporters.   

Good man SeeBass.  :thumbsup:

Online Ramperbamper

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2018, 08:51:44 AM »
I'm 1 point shy of qualifying for phase 1 despite being a black and gold season ticket holder for the last 2 season and being a DNAer ST holder this season. Pretty frustrating. I wish I was contacted to be guaranteed phase 1!

Could you buy a ticket for the home leg to take you over the threshold?

Difficult for people under 140 if they've basically got no chance. Not convinced there'll be too many more games like this any time soon where such a high level of points are needed, Ibrox is midweek again this season.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2018, 12:55:03 PM »
Could you buy a ticket for the home leg to take you over the threshold?

Difficult for people under 140 if they've basically got no chance. Not convinced there'll be too many more games like this any time soon where such a high level of points are needed, Ibrox is midweek again this season.

My total of 164 includes the 4 I got for the home leg. I phoned the ticket office and they said it'll definitely to to at least phase 2 and possibly phase 3 as well.

Online RicoS321

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 66
« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2018, 02:00:41 PM »
It's okay guys, I'm in phase 1.

Sincerely,
Superfan

Online Ramperbamper

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2018, 02:13:40 PM »
My total of 164 includes the 4 I got for the home leg. I phoned the ticket office and they said it'll definitely to to at least phase 2 and possibly phase 3 as well.

You should be fine then :thumbsup:

Hopefully they're right and it goes to phase three.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2018, 03:05:37 PM »
It's okay guys, I'm in phase 1.

Sincerely,
Superfan

I still don't regret skipping the 0-0 Killie cup game.

Online RicoS321

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2018, 03:13:54 PM »

I don't really go to many games these days. I'm just a points whore.

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2018, 12:24:19 PM »

Shows what a great fan you are... it was 1-1!!

;)

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2018, 01:07:26 PM »
Shows what a great fan you are... it was 1-1!!

;)

I suppose after being exposed as a real fan wannabe I should count myself lucky that I made it as high as phase 2!

Online RicoS321

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #155 on: July 04, 2018, 01:46:48 PM »
Got my home leg tickets today. £28! Clearly milking the Engerland opposition with the assumption that we won't get further in the tournament. Fair enough I suppose, but whoorin expensive.

Online Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 20
« Reply #156 on: July 04, 2018, 04:23:50 PM »
Got my home leg tickets today. £28! Clearly milking the Engerland opposition with the assumption that we won't get further in the tournament. Fair enough I suppose, but whoorin expensive.

Which Stand was that for?

Online RicoS321

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2018, 09:09:15 AM »
Which Stand was that for?

Lower posh seats. Ususally only £20-24 I think. It's my season ticket seat, so haven't had to purchase for a "big game" for a while so maybe I'm doing them a disservice. It's maybe always that expensive.

Just to let everyone know, I've safely secured my ticket for the away game #superfan #topdon.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2018, 12:53:09 PM »
Lower posh seats. Ususally only £20-24 I think. It's my season ticket seat, so haven't had to purchase for a "big game" for a while so maybe I'm doing them a disservice. It's maybe always that expensive.

Just to let everyone know, I've safely secured my ticket for the away game #superfan #topdon.

So have I.  8) 8) I got a 10 point boost which allowed me to secure a ticket. How or why exactly I got said boost I don't know or care. All that matters is that I'm a proper top red.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 76
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #159 on: July 07, 2018, 07:55:24 AM »
So has everyone who wanted one managed to get tickets for this then? So many folk moaning for moaningsake on twitter it's hard to tell what's truth and what isn't.

Weren't the Kairat / Maribor tickets the same as that (£28) past few seasons?