Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Gay Footballers

SeeBass

Was listening to a chat online about some WWE wrestlers that have come out recently and how they've been supported no end.  How would folk feel if one of our boys came out??  Personally I couldn't care less what one's sexual orientation is as long as you treat me the way one wanted to be treated yourself if playing for Aberdeen or not. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't give a flying f@ck if all 11 of them were buggering the life out of each other so long as they were delivering us trophies on a regular basis.

As long as they were laying off the bevvy ( or any other substance), what the hell they get up to in their life outside football really is of no consequence to anyone.

my personal views on this will be kept..er personal.

But i am sick n tired of the world embracing " gayness" especially when people that are straight are vilified nowadays. seems everywhere you go its super nice to meet you. attitude.

If their is any gay people, keep it to yourself!

Didn't do a very good job of keeping them personal in the end there.

You probably should have, however.

Couldn't care less if any of our players or opposition players are gay (and some will be, of course). 

But i am sick n tired of the world embracing " gayness" especially when people that are straight are vilified nowadays. seems everywhere you go its super nice to meet you. attitude.

Could you give us some examples of where straight people are vilified nowadays?

The hard truth (oooherrr missus....) is that as long as the fact that somebody would be deemed to be different from others and thus need to "come out" and "admit they were gay" immediately makes it something to sensationalise and then becomes an issue that would do nothing but distract a player from what they were there to do.

While the spineless, faceless, corrupt organistaions that run the game on a national and international level fail to deliver punishments for racist and sectarian abuse then why the fuck would you?

Saying that..*Nacho Novo...fuckin homo... 

*then there's that fine line between banter and abuse.

:eek:

Couldn’t care less if any of them came out. As long they give their all for the dons , that’s all that matters. Can’t say I quite agree with your POV bearsden. PC may have gone too far in some aspects of life but I wouldn’t say straight people are vilified.

That's not straight people being vilified, that's rapists being vilified.

Quite surprised at the level of homophobia on this thread.

With the possibility I am wrong in speaking for someone else, I took their comment as being sarcastic, hence my equally sarcastic reply.

I agree, there is a high level of homophobia in this thread, which I disagree strongly with. It does, however, seem to reflect the levels present across a lot of football supporters - this could explain why it is behind many sports in having openly gay players / officials etc.

dunno if I agree with that, Rocket. Sol Campbell certainly did not wince out of any challenges.

There are exceptions to every rule and whilst I agree that Sol was a great footballer, was his sexuality not bi?

Big difference between those who pot the brown and the pink v. those who stick to 4 points only.

Of course you don't take everything I post seriously. I don't. Too obvious, my attempts to provoke. I do like mincing queers as a term however. It amuses and tickles me. Faggots is also an improvement on poofs, the latter being the most commonly used back in the day.

Only gay footballer I can think of who openly admitted his sexuality was Justin Fashanu who most certainly dd not "mince" and definitely never wimped out of any challenges. Sol Campbell....vaguely remember some rumours but don't think they were ever substantiated. Again, even if he was, his attitude on the park was never anything other that one million percent committed and never shirked a challenge.

There is a worrying amount of rank homophobia in this thread. If it was 1978 i could probably understand it (though in no way condone it)...different generation, different values.... but this is 2018 fgs. I'm actually nauseated at some of the comments...