Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Pittodrie...What Will You Miss Most?????

As someone who has been going to the old lady for around 50 years , i have so many happy memories.  One thing is for sure, we definately need to move on,Pittodrie is past its best, tbh the place hasnt been the same since the old Beach End was knocked down, now that was a special place especially on a big night when lights were on & the sliding doors at the back were shut.

Aye the Beach End was ace as a young loon.liked the wee wing stand too.In the Main stand now,I do like it there...old quirky, plenty character,and the food queues are a fraction of the SS ones.

Winna miss the SS queues,or standing on the Y in a storm.Pittodrie looks a bit of a carbunkle these days.Needs pulled down,time to move on..

Just been thinking regarding said news work on the new stadium might be starting this Summer.  Simple question really what will you miss most about Pittodrie?????

It'll take a while for the real fans that support the Kingsford bollocks to realise what they've lost, if it happens.

Playing in Aberdeen, pubs, walking to the game and being able to go into town hours or minutes before kick off mainly.

I miss going to Pittodrie with optimism, with hope, with expectation.

More than this, I miss going with excitement and anticipation.

Ever since Milne came on the scene, it's gradually turned to shit.

How ironic and coincidental that our relocator was our saboteur.

Will probably never attend a game at the Westhill Borebowl. AFC RIP.

I didn't think one would see said day we were potentially looking at leaving Pittodrie.  If you've read my book Hemiplegic Utopia people will know yours truly ran onto pitch once before a game had even started to get Joe Miller's autograph with some lad we'd never laid eyes on.  However if you were asking for singularly our most memorable moment without doubt when fourth goal was scored against FC Copenhagen in December 2007.  I'd never had such euphoria run through one's entire flesh and literally felt as though we'd experienced an outer body type nirvana.   

I didn't think one would see said day we were potentially looking at leaving Pittodrie.  If you've read my book Hemiplegic Utopia people will know yours truly ran onto pitch once before a game had even started to get Joe Miller's autograph with some lad we'd never laid eyes on.  However if you were asking for singularly our most memorable moment without doubt when fourth goal was scored against FC Copenhagen in December 2007.  I'd never had such euphoria run through one's entire flesh and literally felt as though we'd experienced an outer body type nirvana. 

Richard Foster gave you an out of body experience?

Aye the Beach End was ace as a young loon.liked the wee wing stand too.In the Main stand now,I do like it there...old quirky, plenty character,and the food queues are a fraction of the SS ones.

Winna miss the SS queues,or standing on the Y in a storm.Pittodrie looks a bit of a carbunkle these days.Needs pulled down,time to move on..

Agree with  this, I was in S.S last season & have renewed this season, however previous to this for around 3 seasons i was in Sec.D of the Mainer, had no problems with either the shop or toilets there, but in the South its a friggin nightmare, facilities in the S.S are simply shocking !

Think the benefits of moving to a new purpose built stadium far outweigh staying at Pittodrie with its 4 different height stands & open corners & crap facilities.

By the way, Kingsford will mean more travelling for me, but you have to be looking at the bigger picture.

Agree with  this, I was in S.S last season & have renewed this season, however previous to this for around 3 seasons i was in Sec.D of the Mainer, had no problems with either the shop or toilets there, but in the South its a friggin nightmare, facilities in the S.S are simply shocking !

Think the benefits of moving to a new purpose built stadium far outweigh staying at Pittodrie with its 4 different height stands & open corners & crap facilities.

By the way, Kingsford will mean more travelling for me, but you have to be looking at the bigger picture.

What made you move? The pillars? change of scene?

It'll take a while for the real fans that support the Kingsford bollocks to realise what they've lost, if it happens.

Playing in Aberdeen, pubs, walking to the game and being able to go into town hours or minutes before kick off mainly.

Kinda ridiculous logic, real fans go to games and if anyone is likely to realise that moving to a stadium 7 out of town is gong to inhibit drinking in city centre bars it's the people that regularly attend games. The only thing I will miss about Pittodrie is the location, awful stadium. 

European nights under the lights.

Seagulls

Shite overpriced catering

Matchday programmes with other fixtures on them and the half time score board with the scores going up

I could go on and on........but mostly the great memories.

The walk up and standing on the Y for a summer game . Last game I was there was the Apollon game, in the away end of the south. That was well and truly shite.

Order your own tickets the next time you moaning cunt.  ;)

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

The memories, nostalgia of games and players of the past and funny little things like the grey, wooden benches in the Merkland end where I used to sit as a bairn.

Also walking down Merkland Road, something special about walking outside the main stand on match days.

BUT, the place is a dump now - time to knock it down and move into the 21st century.

The memories will still be there long after the new stadium is built.  A club and it's history doesn't die just because you change stadiums.

Because of the success achieved in the 80s it also sometimes feels like our club and some of our older fans are still stuck there and unwilling to accept that the football world has changed.  Maybe this move will help with that too.

It's like moving house, the world moves on. 

I travel past the site of the new place everyday going to work and afraid to say I will never get the same feeling about attending it, it feels very soulless.

In fairness, that could be down to the fact that at the moment it's an empty field...

real fans go to games

ooocha, nobody is ever going to get a point across if the sentence includes the term "real fans".

there are a lot of memories to take from Pittodrie, opening the windows at home as a kid and hearing the roar coming from the ground. Knowing that my old man was going to have been part of that roar and that he was likely to be in a well happy mood when he came home. Sitting wanting to be there, to be part of that.

I grew up as the ground evolved. New stands went up, regular familiar features disappeared. The scoreboard, the gasworks, the bench seats, the Beach End. All sold to the fans as progress at the time but treated with an air of suspicion at the time.

We have a ground that doesn't hold sound, doesn't generate much of an atmosphere as it's generally carried away by a howling North Sea wind.

It's open and exposed to the elements, the seagulls are an absolute pain in the hoop if the mannie with the hawk isn't up on the SS roof.

it is what it is....old.

I have a pre and post match routine now, it's changed over the years. As a youngster it was double JD's for the price of singles from 12, maybe the strippers, maybe not. Bars changes, Starry, Belmont....kids came along so pre-match was restricted to a pint if I had time, a few less after the game.

By the time the new stadium is finally built, my routines and outlook as to what is important will have changed again. Transportation links will change, roads will have opened, traffic flows will be different, alternate solutions to getting from A - B will be in place. For a while we used to go to the Masada and get their bus to Pittodrie, no different to getting a bus from my next pre match bar to a ground. I've done it before, I'll do it again and look forward to something that might improve my days experience.

Only thing I will miss is the location. Used to train it up in younger years and getting in around 1.15 was plenty time for a couple of pre match pints. However for the past 15 years or so I've driven up and as such Kingsford will make future travel a helluva lot easier.

Will obviously take away great memories, being in the Beach End on European nights etc. But facts have to be faced......it is a ramshackle old mess these days.

As said by others, the real fans will have no problem going to games in the new stadium. And for every fan inconvenienced by the move there will be at least one who finds it easier.