Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V Sevco

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not looking forward to this as think DM will buckle under the media circus which will surround the build up and have us playing shite with the potential of both the tactical and player tombola playing a huge role in the outcome.

We really need our manager to come out in respect of our poorly greatest ever manager and shove a huge middle finger up to the travelling hordes  of the great unwashed and play to our strengths.

Will just go ahead and give 'fate' a kick in the balls and say a draw was actually a great result for the prospect of denying Sevco Euro football.

IIIIIIFFF the dons finally grow a pair and put Sevco to the sword on Tuesday followed by Hibs winning the Edinburgh Derby then Gerrard's future showbiz 11 will be pushed down to 4th.

The Dons will be guaranteed at least 3rd place and hibs will only need a draw on Sunday to take 3rd but will know a win will potentially see them nick 2nd given the dons parkhead record. Sevco will have to win to take 3rd place.

Of course a better result would be for Avril to snatch a point on Wednesday as provided the dons take all 3 points will mean 2nd place is guaranteed and Hibs will have to go all out for the win on Sunday.

Well thats me jinxed it now...

I hope McInnes is going to spend time watching how other teams beat Rangers this season by putting them on the back foot and keeping them under pressure.

If we give them time and space to play football, they’re well capable of giving us a doing. Again.

Home match, 3 points are required, there’s no excuses for letting them play their game and hoping to get some scraps on the counter attack.

I hope McInnes is going to spend time watching how other teams beat Rangers this season by putting them on the back foot and keeping them under pressure.

If we give them time and space to play football, they’re well capable of giving us a doing. Again.

Home match, 3 points are required, there’s no excuses for letting them play their game and hoping to get some scraps on the counter attack.

Spot on. Thing is, it sounds so easy... to do the right thing. The manager has limited control on how the players perform once the whistle goes but there are indeed no excuses for basic management failings.

Win and we are guaranteed 2nd.

Win, and we stake our claim as the 2nd best team in the Country again, in a much stronger league.

All the motivation is there and at least the manager has came out and acknowledged his disappointment with results vs them and Celtic ( Albeit much of his own doing ) but at least he's came out and said it.

Absolutely massive game and only a win will do.

Win, and we stake our claim as the 2nd best team in the Country again, in a much stronger league.

All the motivation is there and at least the manager has came out and acknowledged his disappointment with results vs them and Celtic ( Albeit much of his own doing ) but at least he's came out and said it.

Absolutely massive game and only a win will do.

It doesn't guarantee second...but it would be a massive step in the right direction.  A massive game for us. Not winning is not an option.

I don't think that's a true statement.

Anyway, looking forward to it. A fantastic end to the season in terms of the meaningful games, and hopefully see a full house for it.

I'm struggling to think of our best line up for this one. They'll play a back three, with Tavernier - who's been their biggest threat against us this season - pushing very high up as wing back. I think we should try to match that formation, as I think that gives us our best chance of winning. We seem to really struggle when playing 4-2-3-1 against a five in midfield and I think that most decent teams will know that (the huns aren't pish by any stretch).

I'd go:

---------------Lewis--------------

----O'Connor----Consi----McKenna--

Logan--Ball-McLean--Shinnie-McGinn

----------May----Cosgrove-----------

With McLean pushing right through from midfield like he did against Hertz, as they'll try and take it short from the 'keeper. Swap Ball for Christie as and when required. Get McGinn pushing Tavernier back as much as possible. May in for his pace (i.e. faster than Rooney) only, which will be required against a better passing back 3.

Fucking hell  :rofl:

I need to go back to School, I thought we were 4 points ahead of Hibs, and 3 ahead of Rangers, I am just off my 5th night shift in a row, tonight being my last, so I'll use that an excuse.

We'll go with that then eh ;)

Quite like the look of that line-up, Rico, but can't see DM doing it.  I reckon we'll play a back 5 with Reynolds being on the left.  He'll be shit scared of losing, it's how he's always set up against them since they got promoted (being scared and negative, not that formation per say).  5-4-1 is my guess.

Derek - McLean is back as is Nwakali, McGinn is a doubt and Mackay-Steven will miss the game after picking up a knock.

Pity that GMS is out he did well on Saturday. McGinn will most likely be a sub. McLean is needed for this match.

Last game of season as will not be putting myself through another defeat at Parkhead. No idea how we will line up. Surely McInnes will have learned from how other teams have set about beating this mob? If we play the way we have in the previous 3 against them we will lose again.

In

Lift up then Pit for a beer hopefully.

Y

Lift back to Capital.

0-2 no Dons scorer.

Fannying about with the defence and general set up/make up of it is exactly what killed us against the same opponents earlier this season.

It's our home match, play to what we're comfortable with and go at them. McInnes has proven time and again that as soon as he gets "too clever" with his tactics/line up it goes horribly wrong.  But he's also proven when we stick to our tried and tested it is successful more often than not.

Don’t know what to make of this but history suggests DM will bottle that. Saying that he got tactics spot on against Killie and hearts but we’ve got injuries and don’t have the full squad to fully play to our strengths....whatever that may be.

Lewis

Logan-O’Connor- McKenna- Reynolds

Mclean-Shinnie

Wright-Stewart-Christie

Cosgrove

Pretty sure May will start though

1-1 Christie

Out

Bed

Work

Work

1-2 sevco, McLean

Not feeling overly optimistic given how we've performed against them since they came into the league. Not having GMS is a big miss, he's been playing really well of late.  Can't see Ball being dropped either, has performed in the past two games.

Let's just have a go at them. If we lose, we lose, but fuck losing after playing six defenders and turning in an uninspired, insipid display.

Get wired into them.

If GMS and McGinn are out, then I'd go with....

Lewis

Logan Arnason McKenna Shinnie

Ball McLean Stewart

Christie

Rooney Cosgrove

Just realised it'll be Kenny McLean's last game at Pittodrie for us tonight ( And probably a good few more )

But I think he's been a mixed bag, he never really lived up to his promise in my opinion, whilst still managing to be a key player for us  ???

I think he'll be extremely difficult to replace ( Sorry DD  :rofl: )

Would love it if he capped it off by scoring the winner tonight.

Aberdeen 3 vs Sevco 2

( McLean x2, Logan )