Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

My New Aberdeen Regime

I get why people want to finish second this season or any other campaign but all I'm really bothered about is having a bit of variety with some European games each year.  I've touched on this subject before briefly yet think my overall feelings are because the way we look at our club nowadays is so different from what one was like before one's Mam died.  Yours truly attended a game where Adam Rooney scored a hat-trick against St.Johnstone in September 2017.  There were a couple of minutes left in match and barring a complete collapse we'd collect available three points quite comfortably.  Well referee didn't give us a free-kick on edge of Saints 18 yard box and there were so many people getting up to offer their disgust and I remember thinking;

"Calm down guys you're giving me a headache!!!"

It's a mammoth effort travelling those 180 miles North and back again with literally having just one side of your body working with a brain injury to boot too.  I'm currently struggling regarding bizarre suicidal thoughts and have been reaching out to local services to deal with said issue.  I was suppose to visit Easter Road in February but decided I just didn't wanna go.  I'm not sure whether it was the fact I'd be seeing my heroes play same side for a third time in four months or what.  In many ways we felt as if we'd let the boys down that afternoon.  I just want to watch my team without any expectations but with as much diversity as possible and be proud of them in the process.  So I think from now on I'll try and watch the lads play at Pittodrie at least once each season against the eight other sides outside Old Firm plus cup ties and continental commitments and hope fellow supporters don't think less of me.     

I've also had my picture with Jamie Langfield on second floor of Union Square Shopping Centre, Nicky Weaver before Motherwell Away in August 2013, Shay Logan at Paisley St.James' train station and Ryan Christie morning after he scored against Siroki Brijeg!!!  Really want one with Big Arnie and Adam Rooney though.  My two favourite players of recent times. 

Ye'd better be quick with yer Arnie one min, he'll be gone very soon. See if you can corner him on the final home game of the season, he'll be kicking about then.

As to your new regime, it's pretty impressive I'd say given the distance you have to go. I haven't been to an away game for two seasons now (outside semis/finals). I've only missed two home games this season though - due to child-birth - which is better than in past seasons. I generally make about 20 games a season roughly speaking, that'll be about 22 this season. I think that puts us both in the super-fan category.

I've been to eleven matches this season and really should have been at Easter Road second time around and Tynecastle a week or two ago had we been feeling myself.  There was a ten year hiatus between 1997-2007 where we didn't attend any games for various reasons.  It was only when we played Dnipro at Home that I started attending games more regularly.  If my calculation is correct I've been to 234 matches in total over said 17 year year period.

SIROKI BRIJEG (H) 1-1, APOLLON LIMASSOL (H) 2-1, PARTICK THISTLE (H) 1-0, HAMILTON ACADEMICAL (H) 2-0, DUNDEE (H) 2-1, ROSS COUNTY (H) 2-1, ST.JOHNSTONE (H) 3-0, KILMARNOCK (H) 3-1, HIBERNIAN (H) 4-1, MOTHERWELL (H) 0-2 and HIBERNIAN (A) 0-1.       

A little update guys and gals. My Neurologist Dr Connor who I saw yesterday thinks the last few months have been down to a bout of depression. I've got some Counselling on Tuesday morning we arranged off one's own back as any NHS help is through a ten month waiting list!!

A little update guys and gals. My Neurologist Dr Connor who I saw yesterday thinks the last few months have been down to a bout of depression. I've got some Counselling on Tuesday morning we arranged off one's own back as any NHS help is through a ten month waiting list!!

Hang in there, good to see you taking matters into your own hands too. Hope it all works out well for you  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping to be at our opening home European match in July one's first game since Kilmarnock 3-1 win.  Trying to use it as a focus for my recovery still very much up and down at present moment.

You must be feeling down min, you should be focusing your recovery on the following May's Europa league final and Adam Rooney's subsequent hat-trick! If we get there, I'll buy you a ticket...