Author Topic: The crap quote thread  (Read 7829 times)

Offline Ten Caat

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 36
Re: The crap quote thread
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2018, 01:16:17 PM »
I don't think he does. Not even convinced he actually writes the shite that appears in "his" column. But he is acutely away that being controversial keeps him in a "job". So allowing his name to be put to stuff like that keeps the cash flowing into his account every month.

He will know of course that it winds us up greatly. Best thing to do is just avoid buying the Sun or clicking on their website.

Offline Lencarl

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 5
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2018, 04:47:54 PM »
Jim White has likened Steven Gerrard’s no-nonsense way of handling a question to Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson.

Speaking on talkSPORT this morning, he said: “I liked the way he got a hold of the situation.
“He says: ‘I’m in charge, Jordan Rossiter sit out of this one. I’m going to take this question’.
“I know it’s early days for Gerrard at Rangers but there were almost shades of Sir Alex in that.”

Saying absolutely nothing.  :confused:
NEVER plan ahead.

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 49
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2018, 09:50:23 PM »
I don't think he does. Not even convinced he actually writes the shite that appears in "his" column. But he is acutely away that being controversial keeps him in a "job". So allowing his name to be put to stuff like that keeps the cash flowing into his account every month.

He will know of course that it winds us up greatly. Best thing to do is just avoid buying the Sun or clicking on their website.
simmie
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline Lencarl

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 5
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2018, 12:01:07 PM »
Ryan Jack

As soon as you pull that jersey on, it’s for three points or it’s to get to a cup final or lift a trophy.

The Rat has spoken  :laughing:
NEVER plan ahead.

Offline kiriakovisthenewstrachan

• First Team
  • Rating: 9
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2018, 02:11:07 PM »
I do like the headline on the BBC sport web page this morning

"England's Nobbs out of World Cup"

Is that not five months too late?  :rofl: