Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The crap quote thread

Stiliyan Petrov

"That's what Scottish football is all about; the Old Firm and that's why people all around the world love Scottish football.

"If that doesn't come back, it will be very difficult for Scottish football to recover.

Quotes like this from an ex Celtic player is exactly why Scottish football is where it is and will never move forward.  :frown:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Stubbs

Reflecting on Rangers's 4-0 defeat at the hands of Celtic Stubbs said he wasn't enjoying the team's struggles."I think it's sad," he said. "It's disappointing because I don't think anybody from a Scottish point of view wants to see a club as big as Rangers performing as poorly as they are.

I for one was not disappointed  :wave:

Derek McInnes on Anthony O'Conner

Dons manager Derek McInnes said the defender has apologised for his comments.

He said: “We have a social media policy and Anthony has breached that.

“I have spoken to Anthony and it has been dealt with internally. He is fully apologetic.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/1459057/aberdeen-defender-disciplined-by-club-after-social-media-spat-with-fan/

He would say that wouldn't he.

Anyway, drop him for the final push for second spot.

Neil McCann

Neil McCann said he won't be making peace with his St Johnstone counterpart."I'm not interested in anything Tommy Wright has got to say.During the heat of battle, emotions run high but generally they are done after the final whistle.

McCann needs to grow up and stop being a cry baby or is it a Sky baby.

The Sun ( again )

Depending on how Rangers get on against Hearts tomorrow, there could be an Old Firm title decider next week.

Aberdeen have just won against Killie to make sure Celtic have to get a result against Sevco and this is what they post.

:laughing:

Not watering a pitch at HT does not alter the fact that the surface is the same for both teams.

If Klopp was seeking to use this as an excuse then he is wrong to do so.

The bigger and more alarming reason isn't that he may or may not have selectively disregarded the fact, it is the suggestion that he is unable to look in the mirror, unable to take responsibility and is seeking to deflect by invoking external factors.

I didn't see the second half as I was on my way to the football but from what I saw of the first half, Liverpool were all over them but West Brom hadn't capitulated and given up. At Old Trafford last Sunday, they fought to the very end and so it shouldn't have been a surprise that they would do so again. I wonder how many Liverpool heads turned to Tuesday after the second goal went in? Whatever happened, your team weren't good enough to get all three points and it had fuck all to with the pitch you German spekky cunt so introspect better and get over it.

Daily Mail

Rangers are working on plans to sign Scottish-born Canada midfielder Scott Arfield. the 29-year-old whose contract with Premier League Burnley ends this summer and who is also interesting West Ham United, but wages of £20,000 per week remain a stumbling block for the Ibrox club

It's a wee bit more than a stumbling block for a club with no money. :laughing:

I remember all the hype about how Hibs were world beaters before we played them at Pittodrie and absolutely hammered them.

I see no reason why we can not put them in their place again on May 5th. :thumbsup:

Brown will be basing it on the fact Hibs tend to give Celtic a game, whereas Aberdeen and the huns generally wilt in front of them.

I remember all the hype about how Hibs were world beaters before we played them at Pittodrie and absolutely hammered them.

I see no reason why we can not put them in their place again on May 5th. :thumbsup:

This is a very offensive post, as all crap quotes that seek to distort reality are.

Either you don't understand the game or you want to see AFC in a better light than we deserve.

For a start, nobody was saying they were world beaters in December. Some of us watched them for three full consecutive games in a row, twice on the telly against the OF and then at Pittodrie. There is no doubt that they were hugely impressive against teams we can't get close to and were unlucky not to win BOTH games. We got them at a good time and it was telling that they were pretty exhausted and ineffective in midfield that day.

But that wasn't even the story of the game. It was a rare and sublime cross by McLean and a glorious cutback by GMS for the first but the early goal wasn't even the story of the game. It was an Ambrose fuck up that sunk them quickly followed by some shite goalkeeping that gifted GMS twice and at 3-0 before HT, game over, before we drew the 2nd half 1-1.

If you see no reason why we can't beat them again, perhaps you might explain how they, and others can compete against the OF and we can't? What are the qualities that I'm missing in our journeymen squad?

Hibs were brilliant against Celtic. And they humped us last out. So let's not substitute reality with what we want to be the case. We would need to see a hunger and desire in these last few games that has been sadly lacking the whole season if we have any realistic aspirations of second place. Rose-tinted spectacles aren't going to paper over the cracks of McInnes and his band of wage-thiefs.

^^

Sorry if my opinion offends you.

I am an optimist and always believe that Aberdeen will win their games.

All the media talk before our game at Pittodrie claimed Hibs were the better club.

I have no idea why our players bottle it against Celtic and The Rangers.It is a mind set thing.

I will give you that Hibs were awesome against Celtic and they fully deserved their win.

I fully believe that when Aberdeen play their top game they are a match for any team in the Premiership.

We do need more quality back up for the squad for next season.

These last 4 games will prove if I am right or wrong. :wave: