Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Is Community Spirit Just A Myth??

SeeBass

Boys and Girls how happy are you with your living circumstances?? 

I've lived by myself in same flat for 19 years now.  However just this last few months I'm getting a bit restless.  I'll be honest and say yours truly is getting quite fed up of Housing Association allocating these one person bedsit properties to some really unsociable people.  We've had about four new people move in last year or so three within last two months.  Girl at No.10 you'll never see from one week to said next, old guy in No.7 has been either stoned or drunk when talking with him.  Polish lad at No.11 just decided to nick guy from No.7's cooker which was in main hallway while he was still putting carpets down!!  Young foreign bloke in No.3 was just a bit too nice for my liking and it turns out he stole about £900 from old Rosie at No.5 whose lived here since 1995.  She'd been asking him to go do some shopping for her and he'd been pocketing money from one's bank card.  He's not been seen around town after police were called and Rosie for one's own safety has moved to some sheltered accommodation. I understand living in the sticks I'm properly a lot luckier than most folk when it comes to the level of undesirable neighbours but certainly getting depressed at latest antics.   

There are very few communities in towns and cities today. They're designed that way. Most folk, me included, go to work, go home and watch TV - on repeat. You've probably mistaken your building that you live in for a community. It probably isn't. It's probably just a building filled with people only looking out for themselves, which is what our economic system teaches us to do (at the expense of others, too). So, yer right, it is a myth now.