Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Commonwealth Games

Kowalski

Brilliant night last night!

Fantastic venue, superbly organised and great night of entertainment.

Thought the womens 200m final would bring about a games record.

Got a cracking big smile from Eilidh Doyle down at trackside when she saw me with my Scottish flag :).

I used to run middle distance but to see those guys kick with 300 metres to go at the pace they run is awesome.

Seeing Kathy Freeman and especially Usain Bolt topped a great night off.

Brilliant night last night!

Fantastic venue, superbly organised and great night of entertainment.

Thought the womens 200m final would bring about a games record.

Got a cracking big smile from Eilidh Doyle down at trackside when she saw me with my Scottish flag :).

I used to run middle distance but to see those guys kick with 300 metres to go at the pace they run is awesome.

Seeing Kathy Freeman and especially Usain Bolt topped a great night off.

Did you make it along?  seems like all the locals have left.  There was a lot of news over here about how the aussies had blamed the Kiwis for a poor turnout because they hadn't aligned their holidays with theirs...what a load of bollocks  :rofl:

Hi manc how are you?

Yes i was there last night and going tonight and tomorrow to the athletics then the closing ceremony on Sunday.

The poorish turn out is due to scaremongering by the press and road congestion problems.

The stadiums have been nearly full mostly as far as ive seen.

There's been tickets available for most events.

Its been flooded by mostly aussies then english i would say.

Not loads of international fans i feel but im only going by the lack of loud cheers and lack of international flags in the stadiums.

The athletes and team officials are loving it and loving the athletes village as Ive spoken to a few who have been dotted around.

Great atmosphere for the locals and visitors who didnt "leg it elsewhere".

All good nips, I believe they were talking about the overall visitors to the city rather than the games themselves. But hey ho, most seem reasonably well attended and all very well organised . Enjoy the rest of your time there!

Hoping to catch some of the basketball later and see what else is on.

If you get the chance to see the marathon while you’re there then Banchory’s Robbie Simpson is representing Scotland. And Calum Hawkins could do very well.

Men’s marathon was brutal. Shocking to see folk taking pictures of Callum Hawkins while he was in real distress.

Delighted for Banchory’s Robbie Simpson to come through the field and get a bronze. Amazing achievement.

Men’s marathon was brutal. Shocking to see folk taking pictures of Callum Hawkins while he was in real distress.

Delighted for Banchory’s Robbie Simpson to come through the field and get a bronze. Amazing achievement.

I was chatting to Guy Learmonth (2nd fastest Scottish 800m runner)last night in one of the great bars here where a lot of the athletes go to at night..good guy and we were talking about Callum.

I told him that we never quite get acclimatised and its a phallacy imo.

its great the athletes take time out to chat.

Having said that, McCartney the kiwi pile vaulter was a drunken biatch last night and quite rude.

To think I was cheering her on too.

Awesome games but really shite closing ceremony.

I found myself strangely quite fancying that Manika Batra table tennis star from India plus Maria Folau of New Zealand who played Netball.  Then there was Stefanie Collins England's Basketball captain.  Also England Squash player Alison Waters was another bizarre fancy.  I did enjoy all of the above sports as well as Badminton and Crown Green Bowls.  Just can't get into said Cycling at all nor the swimming.

Nips and Tatties, I goto same bookies in Berwick-upon-Tweed as Guy Learmonth's coach Henry Gray!!