Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Curtis Main

Good god no. He is a flash in the pan who has come up here as an unknown quantity and is having moderate success but once all the teams have faced him they will come up with a way for their defenders to neutralise his threat and I doubt he will even get to double figures in goals scored next season.

However if his predecessor Moult becomes available on loan as looks like it might do in the summer then we should definitely be looking to get him onboard. Whilst I reckon we could afford his transfer fee I really doubt we could afford his wages without breaking our self imposed top limit of around 5k/week. Id expect him to be on 7-8k/week at Preston so if we could get him in on a years loan with half his wages subsidised by PNE it would be a good deal I think.

Of course if sevco do manage to offload El Buffoonalo (£4million rather than the £20million they were boasting about)  then its probably immaterial as that transfer fee would pay for both Cummings and Moult and a couple of others besides.

No from me. Only really seen him play against us on Tuesday night and he never gave Kari and McKenna any problems.

As for Moult I would be surprised if PNE were ready to off load him that quickly. Not even had a preseason with them. We need to move on from him as that ship has long sailed.

I wouldn't have him I don't think, however it does surprise me that while we piss about with yer Cosgroves, Maynards, Stockleys and Zolas's, Motherwell get a semi-competent player in to fill their main striker role with little fuss. He's exactly the type of player who should be occupying our bench ahead of the fucking Maynard cunt. It would mean that we could actually take a striker on in the hope that he might do something different to what's already on the pitch. We haven't managed that since Josher, and he was limited.

I wouldn't have him I don't think, however it does surprise me that while we piss about with yer Cosgroves, Maynards, Stockleys and Zolas's, Motherwell get a semi-competent player in to fill their main striker role with little fuss. He's exactly the type of player who should be occupying our bench ahead of the fucking Maynard cunt. It would mean that we could actually take a striker on in the hope that he might do something different to what's already on the pitch. We haven't managed that since Josher, and he was limited.

Thought getting rid of Stockley was a touch hasty, as much as he could be a liability he was a step up from your Zola/Tommy Wright lumps of wood, and we've really lacked the target man option at times this year.

Main would be a half decent option for that role from what I've seen. Tin hat on but I'd also still consider Connor Sammon too.

Thought getting rid of Stockley was a touch hasty, as much as he could be a liability he was a step up from your Zola/Tommy Wright lumps of wood, and we've really lacked the target man option at times this year.

Main would be a half decent option for that role from what I've seen. Tin hat on but I'd also still consider Connor Sammon too.

:o

Mind when us and Hearts were supposedly after Sammon a couple of summers ago, I was literally praying that he would chose to go to Hearts. Ultimately that might have been down to the fact however that we never actually did make him an offer.

The thing with Sammon though, is that he's also better than Maynard, Cosgrove (it appears), Stockley (maybe), Storey, Zola, Parker, Goodwillie and various others that we've hired over the years. He was decent against us for Partick recently, which is something that no one has ever said about Maynard (decent, I mean). I think we could do better, however we currently are not, which is worrying.

He is better than Wine Gums I'll give you that.

Cosgrove.......maybe but who knows. So far all we have seen of him is that he could hold his own in WWE.

Stockley.........nope I'd rather have Jayden thanks very much. Pretty sure he will sign for a top end League 1/lower Championship club for the thick end of a million quid in the summer.

Storey.......different type of striker but yeah probably is better than him.

Zola.........A street lamp would be more mobile than him

Parker......... Was never interested in playing for us there were brief glimpses of talent and he has done fairly well elsewhere. I'd say on a par with Sammon.

Goodwillie.......a fantastically talented player that brought around his own demise by being such an arse of a human being. never the same after the rape allegations came out. The Caravan dweller version of Goodwillie > Sammon. The version we got was Sammon's equal I'd say.

we have a young guu banging them in for the u21 give him a chance

Too much at stake in coming week currently to do that.

Also if as I think you are referring to Bruce Anderson he can't play first team football for us whilst on loan at Elgin City, unless I am mistaken.

It's a no from me. Not good enough to play for us.

No more loan players please, sign some new players on long term deals.

Derek will have players lined up already.

Could be said that is the worrying bit, did either D.M or T.D even see the likes of Maynard,Stockley or Cosgrove play before signing them ? :eek: I think the best signing we could make would be new scouts inc. the M/Well one.

Replacing McLean & Christie going to be a hard task. :(

Could be said that is the worrying bit, did either D.M or T.D even see the likes of Maynard,Stockley or Cosgrove play before signing them ? :eek: I think the best signing we could make would be new scouts inc. the M/Well one.

Replacing McLean & Christie going to be a hard task. :(

Going to be a massive summer, even if you exclude the two you've mentioned.

Haven't seen enough of Curtis Main to judge but i'd be inclined to say nah because he got completely owned by our centre half pairing.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: What a difference a fortnight makes!

That was the Curtis Main that impressed me against the Huns. They couldn't handle him and we couldn't handle him. All he really did was try really hard and close us down. And when he did have a chance he was composed. That was enough for him to annihilate us.

Still do not believe he would improve our squad one iota. (well of course I'd have him in place of wine gums but he will be gone in a few weeks thankfully). Going forward we need better quality......Moult I believe is a few steps ahead of Main quality wise and Preston look like they might be willing to offload him in summer. I'd like to see the board show a bit of ambition and release the funds for us to make a realistic bid otherwise I can see him ending up at sevco.

As for Main.....i stick to my guns that the SPFL teams will have him sussed by early next season and he will probably end up back in EFL2 or lower EFL1 by next summer

Still do not believe he would improve our squad one iota. (well of course I'd have him in place of wine gums but he will be gone in a few weeks thankfully). Going forward we need better quality......Moult I believe is a few steps ahead of Main quality wise and Preston look like they might be willing to offload him in summer. I'd like to see the board show a bit of ambition and release the funds for us to make a realistic bid otherwise I can see him ending up at sevco.

As for Main.....i stick to my guns that the SPFL teams will have him sussed by early next season and he will probably end up back in EFL2 or lower EFL1 by next summer

Here's where I see us - the board released some funds for GMS who has been inconsistent at best (150k was reported I believe.) We then paid a reported 400k for May. That's more money than we've paid for players in donkeys years. We spent money on players who used to be good. Do you now trust DM with more money? We missed our chance with Moult last year, I still believed that ship has sailed. Do we really need another player who used to be good? You could even throw McGinn in there, was great the first few weeks back but has disappeared of late too.