Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Post split fixtures

Looks like these match fixtures will not be announced until after the Hearts v Aberdeen game.

If Aberdeen win everything will be okay.

According to the DR no way will the SPFL let the Celtic v The Rangers match be played if Celtic has a chance to win the title against the huns.

Must not upset the Sevco scum.  :confused:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under normal conditions of course, setting the whole thing up so that the title could be decided in a game between these two would be seen as ideal. Best box office etc. etc.

I suspect Sky would want something completely different from the weegie police.

Either way it's not sport.

Under normal conditions of course, setting the whole thing up so that the title could be decided in a game between these two would be seen as ideal. Best box office etc. etc.

I suspect Sky would want something completely different from the weegie police.

Either way it's not sport.

It's a total disgrace.  All of the other Premiership teams have participated in Celtic winning the title home or away.

Why are The Rangers treated different than any of the other Premiership clubs.

Let's see if the Scottish Football media make anything of this debacle.

I would hazard a guess not much is said about it.

Ok so playing devils advocate could you not argue that it's refreshing to see the scottish football authorities acknowledging that huns are the lowest of the low and that nipping this in the bud might prevent several incidents of domestic abuse etc?

It's a total disgrace.  All of the other Premiership teams have participated in Celtic winning the title home or away.

Why are The Rangers treated different than any of the other Premiership clubs.

Let's see if the Scottish Football media make anything of this debacle.

I would hazard a guess not much is said about it.

Not much said.

More like sweet fuck all

Rangers & Celtic = Scotland's shame

An SPFL spokesman said: “Work has begun to prepare the Ladbrokes Premiership post-split fixture schedule for 2017/18. “This work will include consultations with Police Scotland and discussions with Sky Sports and BT Sport regarding live broadcast selections. “It is expected that the post-split fixture schedule will be published early next week.”

SPFL bosses are scrambling to avoid an Old Firm title decider after originally scheduling the derby to take place on the first weekend after the split.

No thought at all to the fans of the other clubs just make sure that the Ugly sisters are alright.

"Work has begun to prepare the Ladbrokes Premiership post-split fixture schedule for 2017/18. “This work will include consultations with Police Scotland and discussions with Sky Sports and BT Sport regarding live broadcast selections. “It is expected that the post-split fixture schedule will be published early next week.”

1) Why has work only just begun? There have been only two options for 6th place for a week now, so they surely must have had two scenarios in place? Run them by police Scotland and work out any problems that might be caused in advance and get the decision made right after the 6th place was decided (i.e this morning).

2) If you think that the old firm fixture is a problem, then say so. Don't bury it under the rug. Produce the entire set of fixtures, with the hun-tim cockstain scheduled for the first week and say that fixture X will be subject to change based on the results of this weekend's fixtures due to the volatility of the support. If the fixture is likely to be a title decider, then we will be moving to the second last game of the season to minimise the likelihood. In light of this, two other fixtures (Tims and Huns second last games) will also be subject to change. That means that we have a whole raft of fixtures that fans/tv can make arrangements for and we highlight the actual issue at stake here rather than pretending there's some sort of difficulty in scheduling.

Do they think pandering to this shite is going to improve the issue?

What a wonderful Scottish Premiership it would be without Celtic and Sevco.

The title race would be a thing of beauty every season.

The Cup competitions with no outright favourites.

No live TV games from Scotland because the Ugly Sisters would not be involved.

Attendances up at every game because of the above.

I can dream...... :wave:

oops.... Almost forgot, no more shit sectarian behaviour at Scottish football.

Mean while south of the border, Man City can clinch the Premier League title against their city rivals and not a hint of it not being allowed to happen on account of crowd trouble.

Anyone care to take a stab at what the difference between the two cities is  ???

Well.... This thread got a bit side tracked

In fairness there is very little left to say regarding the corruption and favouritism that is rife amongst the ruling body in Scottish football and you do get a nice meal at Westmorland  ;)

Teebay (I think).

I quite like the motorway over the peak district.

The very one, fucking love that place. Co-operative too with the local farms supplying the meat etc...

That section of road is pretty ace too, especially when the RAF pretend to bomb the road. So in summary, DD, you're wrong  ;)

The very one, fucking love that place. Co-operative too with the local farms supplying the meat etc...

That section of road is pretty ace too, especially when the RAF pretend to bomb the road. So in summary, DD, you're wrong  ;)

I was wrong once, but we don't talk about it.

Add another fan for Westmorland.

Back on topic

Yon tribute act will definetly end up with 3 home games against two of the top 6 as they have hosted the other 5 teams twice over the main season.

I'm going down the bookies to see what the odds on are one of those games being against the tic.

To balance the dons season their fixtures should be

Hearts - hme

Killie - away

Hibs - hme

Tic- away

Sevco - hme

But it will probably end up

Hearts - away

Killie - hme

Hibs - away

Tic - hme

Sevco - away