Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Motherwell V Aberdeen

Massive game for Dons. Chance to open a gap on Tribute Act. Means we have not got the luxury of being able to leave out players who will not be playing in the semi final. Would like to have been in the position to have let players who will play in semi final to have a run out. Motherwell will be confident after performance at weekend so we will need to be at top of our game.

In

Train then pint in Motherwell

Away end

Sprint to station to get train to Capital

2-1 McLean and Christie.

A big game in the fight for second place.  Just watched the highlights from the Motherwell game against the Zombie club, which looked a decent game to be fair, but the boy Main looks impressive, the type of guy who looks like he gives defenders a torrid time, but I would imagine nothing McKenna cannot cope with, not so sure about O'Connor though, but to be fair on him, he had a good game against the Saints.

I reckon we will grind out a result in this one.

This game and the Hearts game at the weekend are all about balls, from our manager first and from our players. Down to tactics, both teams will try to kick us off the park. Do we shit it and play long ball and scrap, playing their game, or do we try to play to our strengths? My fear is that we shit it and it’s the latter.

1-1, poor performance. Considine the scorer.

I imagine he will defo go if offered - I'd rather that than the farcical situation we had with Sunderland at the end of last season - at least if we know he is going we can properly scout out potential new managers and take our time to get the best person in

I imagine he will defo go if offered - I'd rather that than the farcical situation we had with Sunderland at the end of last season - at least if we know he is going we can properly scout out potential new managers and take our time to get the best person in

He will not be offered the Wet Brom job.

Clubs in England always seem to pick managers who have some sort of track record in England apart from the foreign guys.

McInnes knows where his bread is buttered and it is with The Dons.

I don't follow english football in the slightest (apart from a yearly trip to League 2 Morecambe) so I really don't have a clue if he would be in the running or one of the favs or not get a look in however the best way for him to get noticed is for dons to finish 2nd and appear in the scottish cup final with hopefully a win and that's what he should be concentrating on

Cant see him getting that job at this time,....

I can't see him getting a bigger job at any time. Then again, I wouldn't employ the likes of Pardew, Lambert, Hodgson or Moyes and they're all on bigger money I could imagine, being in the EPL.

Don't chairmen interview candidates these days? Whatever ability they once had to inspire and motivate men has long since evaporated. Their staleness as human beings is so obvious, I bet their personas come with a stench as strong as Strickland's two black fingers.

I don't follow english football in the slightest (apart from a yearly trip to League 2 Morecambe) so I really don't have a clue if he would be in the running or one of the favs or not get a look in however the best way for him to get noticed is for dons to finish 2nd and appear in the scottish cup final with hopefully a win and that's what he should be concentrating on

^^^This. I'm pretty certain McInnes will know this too. It's a bit of a gamble, but if he sticks and brings home the cup then he'll do better than a championship side (or at worst be favourite when the next guy gets binned at WBA). I think McInnes would always regret not having one more shot at the cup with the dons, and so I don't see him going anywhere.

West brom are doomed and the caretaker is expected to keep it until the end of the season according to beeb England.  Makes sense, tail end of the season is no time to be making a big appointment.  DM gets second and the Scottish cup I would think that would put him up the WB shortlist in the summer.

What are our strengths .

Well, we’re a team with plenty of skill and flair players so I suggest we are every much attack minded and try to get these guys involved. We’ll also be playing on a better field than pittodrie which suits us. I know it’s last year but we showed what we’re capable of in an attacking sense. This year we’ve really struggled for attacking fluency and consistency.

We’re suspect defensively so not a fan of us sitting in (the old firm tactics) and we’re shit going long ball which we’ve seen of late. Motherwell are more physical than us, we’ve got a bunch of lightweights, so we don’t want an overly physical game. Attack and move the ball quickly and we’ll be fine. However, DMs tactics will no doubt baffle us tonight.

West brom are doomed and the caretaker is expected to keep it until the end of the season according to beeb England.  Makes sense, tail end of the season is no time to be making a big appointment.  DM gets second and the Scottish cup I would think that would put him up the WB shortlist in the summer.

It won't. Not at this point. They will appoint a "name" from those that do the circuits of failure at Premier/Championship clubs to appease the support in view of their impending demotion. When this as yet unappointed poor sod then drops 15 points behind the automatic promotion slots by around Dec/Jan and gets the inevitable push then McInnes will become a viable option. And I predict that if he does ever get the gig he will last 18 months max...

I think West Brom are definitely going down, therefore, a "bigger" name than McInnes won't be overly drawn to it in my opinion. If you gather info from their forums and social media etc... then he's not that popular a choice amongst there support anyway.

The timing yet again is extremely frustrating, we have gathered a wee bit of momentum, a huge fixture tonight, then again vs Hearts, and he's all over the back pages again. I am still very much for the idea of ourselves getting a fresh manager in to be honest, and I wouldn't begrudge him going there, he's been pretty open about returning to England. St Mirren all but promoted and I have warmed to the idea of Jack Ross, if not Steve Clarke, who clearly has an average Killie team ticking along very nicely. All of this of course pending on McInnes, West Brom and ourselves as a club. That's my tuppence worth on the subject, I'd really rather we win what is going to be an extremely difficult fixture tonight and hope the players have steered clear of newspaper talk! 

Only change from Saturday Arnason in GMS drops to bench. Need to get the 3 points tonight to establish a clear lead over sevco as I don't think we will get more that a point at Tynecastle at the weekend.

Weird. 3 at the back then, or a chance to give O'Connor a run in midfield ahead of the semi? I'm normally pretty critical of McInnes dicking about with the formation, but ahead of the semi - with our missing players - I think it's pretty important to try a few things tonight to see how it works. Also, they're probably starting thon two brutes up front.