Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A vehicle to close the gap between us and other teams?

That's all very well, but...Why now?  That gap has existed for years, it's nothing new.

I think it's a scheme that will work well for some folk, but I also think it's possibly a kick in the nuts for people who actually go to matches.

I've just shelled out 60 quid for Tynecastle and the semi final and am also going along next Tuesday for Motherwell; but I'll get what, 3 loyalty points for that? Maybe 4 due to the semi final. If I *only* did that over the course of a season, I'd get to roughly 30 loyalty points or so, but someone who only pays 18 a month automatically gets 40 points for the season and they don't even have to leave their house.  I'm penalised for supporting the team.

Just using the above as an example - i know that I'll be ok when it comes to getting match tickets etc, but it's just not a very balanced system at present.  If people can support the club through this means then that's great, but others shouldn't be penalised especially when they're actively supporting the team.

Maybe it is being set up to get folk who hardly go to Pittodrie now to put a bit of cash into the club.

The term AberDNA was enough to make me boak, sort of shyte which will be lapped up by muppets who think half and half scarfs are acceptable.

Supporting your team used to be a simple concept, not anymore.

Maybe it is being set up to get folk who hardly go to Pittodrie now to put a bit of cash into the club.

The term AberDNA was enough to make me boak, sort of shyte which will be lapped up by muppets who think half and half scarfs are acceptable.

Supporting your team used to be a simple concept, not anymore.

Well, exactly.

If folk want to contribute, why can't they just contribute instead of getting all these "benefits".  Surely if you want to put towards the Dons playing budget you don't have to be enticed by the waiving of booking fees when buying match tickets online?

The closing of the gap is as relevant to those below us as it is for us to close it on those above. It's a political problem, that could be solved over night. Or at least it could have if we hadn't sided with the Tim in the 11-1 voting system. Asking the fans to put their hands in their pocket in this manner is a crass attempt to fund the cockdome whilst maintaining a budget. I give the club a very healthy sum every season, they can get fucked if their only answer is to come asking for more.

who'd have thought, the club launch an initiative and folk start complaining because other people might like what the club are doing.

Complain when the club do nothing, complain when the club do something.

If folk have spare cash and want to invest in something that makes them feel as though they're getting something back other than freezing their chugs off at pittodrie then so fucking what.

I can't decide if it's jealousy, ignorance or just plain argumentativeness.

:hammer:

As a season ticket holder, therefore 3rd class supporter I wouldn't expect to gain entry to the bar at the new stadium.

Perhaps there should be a new forum so that 1st and 2nd class supporters don't have to read the ramblings of scum like the rest of us.

Aye DeeDon, it's a half and half scarf idea, more likely to lose money, when season ticket holders tell them to stuff it, than make it from the elite.

who'd have thought, the club launch an initiative and folk start complaining because other people might like what the club are doing.

If folk have spare cash and want to invest in something that makes them feel as though they're getting something back other than freezing their chugs off at pittodrie then so fucking what.

You're absolutely right.

God forbid supporters of Aberdeen FC have to freeze their chugs off at Pittodrie.

Hideous idea. Will never catch on anyway.

This freezing of the nuts off. It's totally preventable. Layering, they call it. I'd never worn anything under trousers until a couple of years ago so that's well over half a century of ignorance. To be fair, I've only ever worn these icebreaker chats a couple of times since I got them but if we know it's going to be cold, we can prepare accordingly.

The coldest I've ever been at Pittodrie was a very boring Scottish Cup tie in January about 10 years ago. Hamilton maybe. We won 1-0 and Josh Parker either scored or made the goal, he was the only decent thing on the pitch.

That day was even colder than the match v. St J which was abandoned at HT. Around that era, I saw a Hearts fan wearing only a fitba top on one of the coldest NE days ever. I doubt he survived Sunday as he must have been hypothermic real quick. That almost rhymes ye ken.

It doesn't make them feel as if they're getting something back, they are getting something back. Something more than someone who - as Bobby pointed out - actually goes to games. It's a minor issue of course, but a shame that those who can't afford to shell out every week could miss out on - for (an extreme) example - a cup final, or a big european game because an ex-pat wants to get a ticket for their mate. Although, I'd probably sign up if I was abroad mind.

As I said earlier though, the gap will never be closed with this scheme, and it shows an entire lack of understanding of our game at board level if they think (I don't think they do, I think it's just a marketing ploy) that it will. At best, it's exceptionally disingenuous. The way to close the gap (which is what they've explicitly mentioned this is for) is to get together with other teams and change the structure of payments coming in to our game. An opportunity that hit us square in the coupon a few years back. My opinion is that they're taking the easy way out and just going back to the fans for money instead of really challenging the way finances work in Scottish fitba. Even the most ardent of dons fans would have to accept that a similar scheme launched by the huns or tims would only serve to widen the gap further.

Basically, an ex-pat scheme is a great thing and good to see and is very commendable. But to link it to closing the gap is false marketing.

I'm not sure what you mean by jealousy either, I think that's mis-directed and a bit lazy. Ignorance, maybe. Then take the constructive comments made and dissect them for us. I think yer probably right with yer last point, plain argumentativeness! But I think our arguments hold water. There's little point in a forum if you can't point out the flaws in a plan. I think it was great that the club approached and discussed with DST before releasing the scheme too, there's certainly a lot for the club to be commended for in general these days.

Haven’t had the chance to read about it properly, but on the face of it it’s a great idea. I’m not in a position to do so but I’d imagine a lot of folk who live abroad would happily put into the club. Reading that they’re getting more loyalty points than folk who attend games is wrong though. Someone shouldn’t be penalised for actually going out and attending games. This is however, definitely something positive from the club, but maybe they need to rethink it going forward. Folk can get rewards in other ways.

Some of the ramblings of folk on Twitter is pathetic though. It’s amazing we still have a fan base if you took those morons seriously. You’d think the club were committing murder.

It doesn't make them feel as if they're getting something back, they are getting something back. Something more than someone who - as Bobby pointed out - actually goes to games. It's a minor issue of course, but a shame that those who can't afford to shell out every week could miss out on - for (an extreme) example - a cup final, or a big european game because an ex-pat wants to get a ticket for their mate. Although, I'd probably sign up if I was abroad mind.

As I said earlier though, the gap will never be closed with this scheme, and it shows an entire lack of understanding of our game at board level if they think (I don't think they do, I think it's just a marketing ploy) that it will. At best, it's exceptionally disingenuous. The way to close the gap (which is what they've explicitly mentioned this is for) is to get together with other teams and change the structure of payments coming in to our game. An opportunity that hit us square in the coupon a few years back. My opinion is that they're taking the easy way out and just going back to the fans for money instead of really challenging the way finances work in Scottish fitba. Even the most ardent of dons fans would have to accept that a similar scheme launched by the huns or tims would only serve to widen the gap further.

Basically, an ex-pat scheme is a great thing and good to see and is very commendable. But to link it to closing the gap is false marketing.

I'm not sure what you mean by jealousy either, I think that's mis-directed and a bit lazy. Ignorance, maybe. Then take the constructive comments made and dissect them for us. I think yer probably right with yer last point, plain argumentativeness! But I think our arguments hold water. There's little point in a forum if you can't point out the flaws in a plan. I think it was great that the club approached and discussed with DST before releasing the scheme too, there's certainly a lot for the club to be commended for in general these days.

This is my pretty much my thoughts on the subject.

All this DNA stuff is just pissing in the wind. If you want to do it then fill your boots and lap it up Milne and Co will be grateful, but not going to make to big a difference in the grand scheme of things.

We need changes at every level of our game and have to work with other clubs to cut the financial gap with the Glasgow two and with a chairman who we know thinks that the OF are the greatest thing for Scottish football then don't expect much change in our financial fortunes.

So just to be clear someone who pays less than I do for my season ticket gets better benefits than I do. Great plan. As others have said to try and pretend that this about closing gap on Tribute Act and and Victim FC is just bullshit. Sure it will play well to the I'm a better fan than you brigade.

I just watched that clip.

What a heap of fuckin shite

" supporter engagement team" my arse.

Having the portacabin " branded up" is going to make all the difference.

Where is this tosser from? Didn't sound guttural enough to be South Africa, Zimbabwe maybe?

Finally bothered to watch the video. Aberdna was too contrived a title to pique my curiosity, although admittedly clever.

Shocked, I was. Who the fuck do we think we are? And who the fuck is that cunt with a kiwi (I'm guessing) accent?

How big do we think the international potential is? And we're throwing a telemarketing team at it? A small permanent team and a big ad hoc team? How much is this costing us? And how much will it raise for the football budget? So who's actually paying for these slithery cretins?

It cannot possibly raise more revenue than it costs to do because we are not that big a club. This is Milne pretending that we are being innovative and at the cutting edge of commercial realisation but not only is telemarketing 20 years out of date, it's far too costly for the potential returns in our case and therefore a guaranteed loss maker. We're already behind the 8 ball with the design, advertising and marketing costs already spent, let alone the cost of that wank and his "teams" and the tens of thousands spent in time and expenses trying to recruit historic skills and unemployable grunts to do the soul-destroying work.

"Closing the gap" and "its who we are" are cynical lies, as is "it all goes to the football operation". This has got the same Milne agenda written all over it, spending our money unwisely, formerly to keep us in debt and to make the balance sheet an uninvestable proposition for anyone else who might have been interested, and currently to sell forefront thinking to the required investors to fund the new stadium we were never consulted on. Disgusting.

I'll be honest having looked at it more, I'm in favour, and this is one reason....

I've just shelled out 60 quid for Tynecastle and the semi final and am also going along next Tuesday for Motherwell; but I'll get what, 3 loyalty points for that? Maybe 4 due to the semi final. If I *only* did that over the course of a season, I'd get to roughly 30 loyalty points or so, but someone who only pays 18 a month automatically gets 40 points for the season and they don't even have to leave their house.  I'm penalised for supporting the team.

Yes, DNAers will have same loyalty points as you, BUT, they haven't been to a single match, and have paid out £144/£216 for that "privilege", so I'm not really seeing a huge advantage for these guys other than making a donation to the club.

I currently pay £110/year for Red TV International (£8.99/month - can’t remember if they still charge during pre-season).

If they want me to pay £300/year, they’ll have to do better than a free shirt and one free ticket.

I can't be arsed reading the AFC site so though i'd cut a corner and read this thread to find out if the DNA thing was worth getting but i'm getting the impression it wouldn't be worth it.

I don't wear Dons tops.

I already have a season ticket but work abroad on equal time.

Internet connection is SHITE when i'm away.

I take it i wouldn't gain anything from my DNA membership?  :dunno:

If you live in Aberdeen and have the ability to go to games, there's little point in signing up.

If you live away from Aberdeen or are an international fan, and the number of home games you make it to are limited, then it at least makes you feel good about putting money into the club.

Signing up a kid is probably worth it as it's relatively cheap and they get a few benefits like a chance to be a mascot and two free tickets, but again if you buy them a season ticket anyway then it's not worth it.

I just watched that clip.

What a heap of fuckin shite

" supporter engagement team" my arse.

Having the portacabin " branded up" is going to make all the difference.

Where is this tosser from? Didn't sound guttural enough to be South Africa, Zimbabwe maybe?

Neither of those. New Zealand would be my guess.

Anyone signed up for this? (Or willing to admit it?) I'm at the stage of due diligence and if they don't let me pay monthly I won't be doing it at all but as far as I can see we can only pay annually?

Anyone signed up for this? (Or willing to admit it?) I'm at the stage of due diligence and if they don't let me pay monthly I won't be doing it at all but as far as I can see we can only pay annually?

Wifie phoned me yesterday. I remained polite - because it's nae her fault - and declined. I think it was £18 per month, or perhaps I completely misheard throughout all the sales bullshite. No Aberdeen employee should be using the term "Old Firm". Fucks.

Can pay monthly mate, the Direct Debit option is right at the end of the "checkout" process.