Author Topic: Betting  (Read 9600 times)

Andrew and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline SeeBass

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 225
Re: Betting
« Reply #240 on: September 23, 2018, 11:40:08 PM »
Another £10 Both Teams To Score coupon up yesterday.  Charlton Athletic 2 v 1 Plymouth Argyle, Morcambe 2 v 1 Macclesfield Town, Oldham Athletic 3 v 3 Colchester United and Gillingham 2 v 4 Peterborough United. 

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -144
« Reply #241 on: October 25, 2018, 07:54:51 AM »
Sticking to the principle of one pick each and putting on doubles only, BB and I are showing a healthy profit so far this season after 9 Saturday's. I'm 8/9 and he's 7/9 and we have had 6 winning doubles and 3 losers. After losing the last twice, looking for Ross County and Killie to get us moving forward again this Saturday.

A mate of mine puts on a £25 acca every week and won £809 a couple of weeks ago when six winners came in. He reckons he's won four times this season so will be well ahead of the bookie and guaranteed to be in profit come the end of the season, as we will be with our "nailed on doubles". There are different ways to skin a marmoset. If ever there was a sign from above that it's not easy and the need for humility, his coupon on Saturday contained six losers!
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline SeeBass

• First Team Regular
« Reply #242 on: October 26, 2018, 07:05:45 PM »
Rocket, I must admit we do love a Both Teams To Score Coupon.  Had two Europa League selection last night one for 6pm games and other 8pm matches £100 a go.  FC Copenhagen let me down for £1,200 in early start but later effort came up after 87 minutes when Sarpsborg equalised at Home to Malmo.  Also had FK Jabonlec 1 v 1 FC Astana, Rennes 1 v 2 Dynamo Kiev and Marseille 1 v 3 Lazio.  Never do more than four ties.  Netted me £1,002.27 like.   

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #243 on: November 10, 2018, 06:28:36 PM »
My pick Norwich today were a tad fortunate but two stoppage time goals was incredible. 11/12 so far this season, Queen of the South gifting Alloa a 3 goal start before drawing 3-3 my only fail.

Offline Ten Caat

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 36
« Reply #244 on: November 10, 2018, 07:54:29 PM »
My pick Norwich today were a tad fortunate but two stoppage time goals was incredible. 11/12 so far this season, Queen of the South gifting Alloa a 3 goal start before drawing 3-3 my only fail.

Unsurprisingly seeing as QOS were playing Ayr United  ???

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2018, 08:16:10 PM »
Unsurprisingly seeing as QOS were playing Ayr United  ???

I am 11 correct from 12 picks this season.

My only losing bet was QOTS who drew 3-3 with Alloa on 6th October.

Offline SeeBass

• First Team Regular
« Reply #246 on: November 12, 2018, 04:30:06 PM »
I had £15 on Manchester City beating Manchester United 3-1 at (9/1) so happy days.  Lost a tenner on Sergio Aguero First Goal though.  Twice in five years since my Mam has died that I've predicted correct for Citeh in Etihad derby.  Had £10 in 2013 for us to win 4-1 at (50/1) so does show a difference to where the bookies have been with us to how they are now.  Never again will I celebrate an 87th minute Wayne Rooney free-kick like we did that Sunday afternoon!!!! 

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #247 on: November 12, 2018, 06:13:52 PM »
Now 11 out of 13 winners but what a weekend!

The other two guys picked 10/11 and 17/20 shots which were 11am kick offs and were both leading by one goal after 83 and 84 minutes. My pick was Celtic at 2/9 but after being so fortunate with Norwich the day before, cashed out the treble for 2.243, so more than double the stake.

It was the first time I've used the cash out option this season but I'm still waiting to hear from minijc how the cash out option favours the bookies!

Online minijc

• Captain
  • Rating: -184
« Reply #248 on: November 12, 2018, 06:50:04 PM »
Without getting in to it as no matter what I say you'll argue and get nasty about it but for everyone that gets the cash out right there's probably hundreds getting it wrong, just think why did the first bookie start offering the option of cash out if it didn't benefit them?
Just fuck off and die.

LIMA OSCAR LIMA

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #249 on: November 12, 2018, 06:56:14 PM »
Without getting in to it as no matter what I say you'll argue and get nasty about it but for everyone that gets the cash out right there's probably hundreds getting it wrong, just think why did the first bookie start offering the option of cash out if it didn't benefit them?

So you're saying that the majority of cash outs are exercised when the bets would've gone on to win anyway?

Online minijc

• Captain
« Reply #250 on: November 12, 2018, 06:58:12 PM »
So you're saying that the majority of cash outs are exercised when the bets would've gone on to win anyway?
Yip, don't get me wrong there's plenty that do catch it right but as I've said before it's a short term gain, long term loser however I've seen plenty of betting slips where cash out was used and people have done themselves out of lots of money.
Just fuck off and die.

LIMA OSCAR LIMA

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #251 on: November 12, 2018, 07:01:59 PM »
Yip, don't get me wrong there's plenty that do catch it right but as I've said before it's a short term gain, long term loser however I've seen plenty of betting slips where cash out was used and people have done themselves out of lots of money.

Even your terminology makes no sense. There's no short term or long term. The only thing that matters is whether it was the right or wrong decision but having the option can only benefit the punter as this option wasn't available before.

Online minijc

• Captain
« Reply #252 on: November 12, 2018, 07:05:09 PM »
Even your terminology makes no sense. There's no short term or long term. The only thing that matters is whether it was the right or wrong decision but having the option can only benefit the punter as this option wasn't available before.
See it's pointless and it was available before, use betfair exchange, even now using it you'd make more than a standard cashout offer from a bookie.
Just fuck off and die.

LIMA OSCAR LIMA

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #253 on: November 12, 2018, 07:13:10 PM »
See it's pointless and it was available before, use betfair exchange, even now using it you'd make more than a standard cashout offer from a bookie.

You're right. It is pointless to debate this point but be aware of the possibility that you have been misled to believe something that has no data to support it.

Online minijc

• Captain
« Reply #254 on: November 12, 2018, 07:17:46 PM »
You're right. It is pointless to debate this point but be aware of the possibility that you have been misled to believe something that has no data to support it.
Rocket, speak to people that work in the trading side of a bookies and they'll tell you how good cash out is for the bookies, you'll also never agree with what I say even if I went and got the proof needed, you batter on doing what you do.
Just fuck off and die.

LIMA OSCAR LIMA

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #255 on: November 12, 2018, 07:36:11 PM »
Rocket, speak to people that work in the trading side of a bookies and they'll tell you how good cash out is for the bookies, you'll also never agree with what I say even if I went and got the proof needed, you batter on doing what you do.

There is nobody in Aberdeen who works "in the trading side" of the bookies. And even if there were, the only people who would believe that the cash out option favours them would be the gullible. The ONLY data that matters is saved v. lost on bets where the option was exercised. This isn't long or short term. It's an instant decision and an additional risk assessment option for the punter.

Online minijc

• Captain
« Reply #256 on: November 12, 2018, 07:42:09 PM »
There is nobody in Aberdeen who works "in the trading side" of the bookies. And even if there were, the only people who would believe that the cash out option favours them would be the gullible. The ONLY data that matters is saved v. lost on bets where the option was exercised. This isn't long or short term. It's an instant decision and an additional risk assessment option for the punter.
Like I said you batter on
Just fuck off and die.

LIMA OSCAR LIMA

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #257 on: November 12, 2018, 07:50:13 PM »
Like I said you batter on

I only ever asked you to justify your erroneous position. You are saying that there is more money saved by the bookies than is lost by exercising the cash out option. They told you this for a reason. They used terminology such as long and short term to confuse you where it can't possibly apply. If you never use the cash out option, you're not conducting ongoing risk assessments. The pro punter makes money from the cash out options.

Online minijc

• Captain
« Reply #258 on: November 12, 2018, 07:59:55 PM »
I only ever asked you to justify your erroneous position. You are saying that there is more money saved by the bookies than is lost by exercising the cash out option. They told you this for a reason. They used terminology such as long and short term to confuse you where it can't possibly apply. If you never use the cash out option, you're not conducting ongoing risk assessments. The pro punter makes money from the cash out options.
I know several pro punters and none use it, they trade on the exchange but you continue to pass off your opinion as fact, I'm done arguing Rocket as we'll never agree on this, the very first bookie that started cash out didn't go ahead with it to benefit the punter ffs.
Just fuck off and die.

LIMA OSCAR LIMA

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #259 on: November 12, 2018, 08:03:49 PM »
You get 8/1 and more for a 0-0 correct score. Do you know what minute of the game that your cash out becomes 1.25 or when it becomes 1.5?