Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V Dundee

Aye, it'll be interesting. Not sure how I'd set up for this one. We had a fantastic run of games where we scored 14 goals, but we seem to be trying to keep all our attacking players happy which is creating a lot of imbalance in the side. McGinn and Christie seem to be nullifying each other, and we're not getting the best out of either May or Rooney because we're either trying to play them both at once or neither are getting an extended run. I think we need to get back to basics and get our players sticking to their positions and showing a bit of formational discipline. Keep Rooney/May high up the park and McGinn/Christie tight to their wings and then gradually re-introduce the free roles that Christie and McGinn (and to an extent, McLean) have been adopting of late.

One of the few clubs in worse form than us at the moment, although they did manage to beat the jags.  I’d look for a comfortable win if McInnes plays a sensible formation.keep it simple. Either way, it won’t be pretty.

Out

Bed

Bed

Bed

1-0, Rooney

Nae looking good.

Been looking forward to this one as it's the grandsons first use of his new season ticket.

A suspected case of chickenpox looks like scuppering the day, not only for him as I was expecting his mother to cover for me at the shop.

FFS. DDMG must go.

Hopefully cup win gives the team the confidence boost it desperately needs. We need to start the game the way we finished last night. I would hope that we will go with players who will be available for the semi final as we need to give them as much game time as possible.

In

Train then beer

Y

Beer then train back to Capital.

1-0 Rooney

Hoping we can kick on from Tuesday night and get a convincing win tomorrow.

Dundee could be a very difficult match for us tomorrow after last weeks hammering against St Jonstone and the events after the match and the players could either use it to support their manager and put in a performance or show that McCann has lost the dressing room and not give a shite and which we could give them a real doing.

I predict a nice 2-0 win for the dons, McGinn and Rooney.

A win of any kind will do for me.

I see that wee prick McCann has been involved in a fair few aftermatch scuffles, including with our own Tony Docherty, I saw what he did to Zander Clark of St Johnstone too there, clearly claws at his face.

Hopefully it's a comfortable win and he spits the dummy again, but as alluded too already, will take any kind of win.

Notice GMS was saying in the media that he has still more to give playing for Aberdeen.

The best time to show this is in todays match against Dundee ( if he is playing).

In fact ALL the players have to up their games in the remaining matches and make the Scottish Cup Final and runners up spot in the League.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Again, surely he must score eventually.

3-0 to the Dons.  DM will make shock decision to start with Maynard up front and he will repay the boss in style.

I will be back on here at 5 o'clock to gloat about this and say I told you so.

ps. Haven't decided how many of the 3 goals Nicky "The Goal Machine" Maynard will get.  :laughing:

Today is the day.  After a gruelling match midweek Maynard must start to add "freshness!" to the Dons forward line.

3-0 to the reds, May and Maynard (2).

You bunch of cynics.  There is a great striker there just waiting to be unleashed.

Get ready for a new song......

[move]One Nicky Maynard, there's only one Nicky Maynard[/move]

:rofl:

I’ll be greedy, while people will take any kind of win, it’s the performances that concern me so much and our apparent inability to pass a ball. I’m hoping we can get back to knocking it around and looking like some sort of quality team rather than a bunch of duds hoofing it up the park.

I’ll say 3-1 us, McKenna, McLean, May

Today is the day.  After a gruelling match midweek Maynard must start to add "freshness!" to the Dons forward line.

3-0 to the reds, May and Maynard (2).

You bunch of cynics.  There is a great striker there just waiting to be unleashed.

Get ready for a new song......

[move]One Nicky Maynard, there's only one Nicky Maynard[/move]

:rofl:

Nicky Maynard not even in the squad today.

Rooney and GMS both subs.

No idea what McInnes is doing but hope it proves correct

I suppose I’ll admit McLean did well after being moved much further forward against Killie hence that switch, plus Nwakali is to be needed in the next few weeks so why not get him in there. We paid ‘big’ money for May, he’ll start if fit.