Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Partick Thistle V Aberdeen

We really need to win this match.

Goes without saying that this game is as important as beating the Ugly Sisters.

Start without May ( he has contributed nothing to our team so far this season ) get back to Rooney up front.

Get GMS on from the start flying up the wing.

0-3 to us and the resurgence starts again  :thumbsup:

Would be tempted to go with both May and Rooney through the middle from the start in this one. Cannot see the need for 2 holding midfielders against Partick should should be able to play an old fashioned 4-4-2. This is a game we should be looking to win comfortably and be on the front foot from the off. Not a chance McInnes will approach the game that way.

In

Train then bar near the ground

Away end

Beer then train back to the capital.

0-2 Rooney and McLean.

Would be tempted to go with both May and Rooney through the middle from the start in this one. Cannot see the need for 2 holding midfielders against Partick should should be able to play an old fashioned 4-4-2. This is a game we should be looking to win comfortably and be on the front foot from the off. Not a chance McInnes will approach the game that way.

In

Train then bar near the ground

Away end

Beer then train back to the capital.

0-2 Rooney and McLean.

I'd keep Shinnie at left back, which possibly necessitates another one in the middle to make up for it - Chidi is like Flood in the sense that he'll win the ball back but won't necessarily hold position.

Plus May and Rooney together definitely feels like someone's shoehorned in.

Agreed, we either start Rooney up top or have May playing behind him. Can’t recall who it was but didn’t someone say that was Mays best position? Just behind the striker and was where he had all his success at the saints? Will take any kind of victory.

Out

Bed

Bed

Bed

1-0 dons, McLean

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Again, surely he must score eventually.

3-0 to the Dons.  DM will make shock decision to start with Maynard up front and he will repay the boss in style.

I will be back on here at 5 o'clock to gloat about this and say I told you so.

ps. Haven't decided how many of the 3 goals Nicky "The Goal Machine" Maynard will get.  :laughing:

I repeat, one day tricky Nicky will be prolific once more.

0-2 this weekend.  Flipper to open the scoring, Maynard to get the clincher.  :wave:

..........just checked the odds and he's 2/1 to score anytime.  How the f**k can he be as short as that?  :hammer:

Anyone watch McInness's presser on red tv?  He responds to the whole Clarke situation really well and quite amusingly. 

Last game was on Partick TV for £6 if you had a decent enough VPN so hopefully  they will again .  No idea how the manager will line us up for this one which is a bit worrying. 

Last game was on Partick TV for £6 if you had a decent enough VPN so hopefully  they will again .  No idea how the manager will line us up for this one which is a bit worrying.

I paid the 5/6 quid to Thistle to get their video coverage for the last two Dons games at Firhill, and thought it was well worth it.  Can't really grudge sticking a wee bit of cash into a club like that.  The commentators were knowledgable about the opposition, balanced, entertaining, and consistently aware of their own team's faults.  Basically the opposite of Red TV.   

Hearing rumours that the match may be on RED TV International for our overseas fans. Hope so.

:wave:

Update:

As part of an ongoing trial ahead of next season, we are hoping to bring live video coverage of Saturday’s match to RedTV International subscribers. As this will be a test broadcast, we are unable to guarantee the reliability of the stream at this stage, however the RedTV team will be working as hard as possible to make sure this happens alongside the match broadcaster, BBC ALBA.

The full match is replayed at 18.00 on BBC ALBA.

There will be a cash gate for @AberdeenFC supporters for today's game. Dons fans can use turnstiles 18,19 and 20 for cash entry.

Prices:

£22 for adults

£15 for concessions(over 65/student with valid matric card)

£5 for under 16s.

#COYR

sounds like another turgid performance

I haven't got an issue with him starting Ball, as he is no more shite than most other players who have played over the past few weeks in our midfield, but what does hack me off is just the overall randomness of DMs teams recently.

I am sure the players, bar his untouchables, are as confused with his teams and tactics as we are.

Still plenty of time to get the points though.

right radical action required , hibs will push us down into 4tb i have no doubt of that , and i think killie will do us in next , cut our losses and get rid of the the tactically incompetent clown we have as a manager

We played pretty much the same formation as we have in every other game over the last few years. When McGinn, Christie, May and Rooney play as badly as they did today then we're on a hiding to nothing. With GMS and Stewart the massively underperforming replacements too, we've got serious personnel issues. I'm assuming Wright is dead also?

Get Christie back to Celtic...He IS their player..

Get May to f*ck.

Get back to the team we had a few weeks ago.

We will be very lucky to end up 3rd in the Premiership

As far as the Scottish Cup is concerned it is not going to happen.