Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scottish Cup

Can not believe the amount of Aberdeen fans complaining about the kick of time regarding the Scottish Cup semi final. I could understand it IF we had actually qualified for said semi final but we have not.

On saying that if we have to play semi final games at Hampden it should always be around 15.00 at the earliest.

I am one of those complaining but i did caution it on another thread that it was a BIG if that we might face another 12.15 Saturday lunchtime kick off. I stand by my previous that it is a fucking joke time to play your national cup semi final.

However as the saying goes "you lay down with dogs, you get fleas" or alternatively "sell your soul to the devil and you're sure to get fucked"

Ironically as a west of Scotland resident these days, it makes little difference to me, but it is shit for those travelling from up north.

I am one of those complaining but i did caution it on another thread that it was a BIG if that we might face another 12.15 Saturday lunchtime kick off. I stand by my previous that it is a fucking joke time to play your national cup semi final.

However as the saying goes "you lay down with dogs, you get fleas" or alternatively "sell your soul to the devil and you're sure to get fucked"

Ironically as a west of Scotland resident these days, it makes little difference to me, but it is shit for those travelling from up north.

Weegie faker.  :wave:

Semi finals were always great, I haven’t been to one in ages.

I won’t be going to this one.

(If we beat Kilmarnock I won’t be going, if we lose to Kilmarnock I definitely won’t be going)

I remember queuing to get into Dens, the pipe band signalling the fact it was a special game.

Electric atmosphere

Ankle deep in pish because we in the old enclosure

Magic it was

I've had a change of heart and managed to get the night off work, so going to go to this on Tuesday night, does anyone know if there will be PATG available? Looked on both websites and can only see from ours that if I buy a ticket just now, it can only be collected from the ticket office, which is impossible for me as I live 100 miles away.

I've had a change of heart and managed to get the night off work, so going to go to this on Tuesday night, does anyone know if there will be PATG available? Looked on both websites and can only see from ours that if I buy a ticket just now, it can only be collected from the ticket office, which is impossible for me as I live 100 miles away.

Email sent to supporters clubs suggested there would be a cash gate.

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes insists Tuesday's Scottish Cup replay with Kilmarnock at Rugby Park will not be "season-defining"."There's still a lot of points to be gained in the league.

"It's not a season-defining game tomorrow but I think for the perception of it, I think it'll help us going into the league form if we can get the win tomorrow. We've got to give the supporters a lift."

He is right on one thing We've got to give the supporters a lift

He talks about the cups as our only real chance of winning anything, all of the time, now there is a bit of unrest amongst some supporters, he's playing it down.  ???

Imagine we get papped out tomorrow night, Kris Boyd scores the winner & we get pipped to 3rd by Lennon's Hibs, what a great finish to the season that would be  :laughing:

However, we're still in with a fighting chance, so lets hope for the best and hope the manager doesn't pander to Killie tomorrow night. 

He talks about the cups as our only real chance of winning anything, all of the time, now there is a bit of unrest amongst some supporters, he's playing it down.  ???

He's doing what every manager in the entire world of football does. No current manager in the game would ever say that his team are facing a "season-defining"; "must-win"; "insert cliched fitba pish here" game. You must have noticed that by now?

He's doing what every manager in the entire world of football does. No current manager in the game would ever say that his team are facing a "season-defining"; "must-win"; "insert cliched fitba pish here" game. You must have noticed that by now?

Of course, but he's never dismissed a game in this manner before, and I know he's not dismissing it as such, but he's changed his patter, since he arrived he's always said he'll be judged on silverware and league finishes, we were already out of one cup and slightly declining in the league, I expected him to be more positive in his assessment, is it maybe because he's feeling a bit of pressure? I ahve no idea if any of waht I have said makes sense to be honest, I'm just home from a 14 hour nightshift and feeling like shit, off to bed shortly so I am fresh for the game tonight, which I can confirm, after my previous query, has a Pay At The Gate option.

The Dons boss said: “There is still a lot to play for in the league but I would say the perception from having a good season or a very good season is normally demonstrated through the cups.

“This could be our sixth semi-final in five years if we could get through.

“It gives us momentum as a club and we could all be doing with that at the minute, that feelgood factor that comes with winning games.”

Although it is great to reach Cup semi-finals what is the point if we can not win the final.

Getting to a final and losing it is not a successful season for me.

Although it is great to reach Cup semi-finals what is the point if we can not win the final.

I think he’s trying to take the pressure off himself and the team as he probably doesn’t believe we can progress himself. Unfortunately we all know that that doesn’t make a difference. The team / manager can’t handle any pressure. As proved by our trophy haul over the previous few seasons. Still, I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to listen to a victory in the morning. Keep it simple dm, please!

Getting to semi finals and reminding us of how many is the talk of a man who likes being in employment.

Even the once we did win a cup, the lesser cup, we beat fuck all to get there and still weren't good enough to beat ICT over 120 minutes. If you're going to boast about getting to semis Derek, remind us of the great runs that got us there?

The fact that the bookies have AFC favourite for tonight, with Killie at DOUBLE the return, will have a reason but fucked if I'm seeing it. Recent form is heavily weighted in their favour and we couldn't beat them at home thus this replay. In fact, the day Clarke took over they've amassed a bigger points haul than us (I presume, pretty certain they were more than 10 points behind when he did) so where's the bookie logic here? Bigger club? Current league position? Smarminess of our bearded midget manager? I just don't get it. If AFC do show enough character and quality to get through, it will be a turn up for the books. Just like Celtic at 4/5 was too big to ignore the last game at Pittodrie, 12/5 for Killie tonight is absurdly generous. The bookies think we're better than we are, bizarrely. Even at Partick we were heavy favourites and we couldn't even look like beating that shower of shite.

I thought that this Cup tie was not on live TV because UEFA Champions League is on at the same time but this can not be true because Brentford v Cardiff City Championship game is on Sky Sports Football at 19.45.

So basically no TV channel is interested in showing it live then.  :frown:

I thought that this Cup tie was not on live TV because UEFA Champions League is on at the same time but this can not be true because Brentford v Cardiff City Championship game is on Sky Sports Football at 19.45.

It's not to do with the TV stations, it's to do with the SFA - it's their decision if games are shown the same night as CL matches. They've obviously decided they don't want to go against UEFA.

It's not to do with the TV stations, it's to do with the SFA - it's their decision if games are shown the same night as CL matches. They've obviously decided they don't want to go against UEFA.

This is a quote from RED TV  "due to the UEFA blackout on nights when Champions League matches are taking place, there will be no live TV or online video coverage of Kilmarnock V Aberdeen".

The SFA need to move with the times as far as live TV matches are concerned.

Personally I would rather have less live TV games but that is not going to happen until BT and Sky lose their subscribers and can not pay the disgusting amount of money to show football matches.

Then we will see the demise of the EPL and the other super rich clubs when the money from TV has gone.

:wave:

Of course, but he's never dismissed a game in this manner before, and I know he's not dismissing it as such, but he's changed his patter, since he arrived he's always said he'll be judged on silverware and league finishes, we were already out of one cup and slightly declining in the league, I expected him to be more positive in his assessment, is it maybe because he's feeling a bit of pressure? I ahve no idea if any of waht I have said makes sense to be honest, I'm just home from a 14 hour nightshift and feeling like shit, off to bed shortly so I am fresh for the game tonight, which I can confirm, after my previous query, has a Pay At The Gate option.

In the same interview he says that our aim is to win the cup. He's definitely not talking the game down. Bit of balance wouldn't go amiss. We're on a poor run of form, but the hysterical reaction to everything a manager says when we're on one of these runs is a little over the top. Listen to his comments if you get a chance, they're positive and set us a target of winning the cup.

Read elsewhere that UEFA fine EFL for showing the games but Sky pay the fines.