Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Well v Dons

Not sure if this will survive the weather but if it does this is one we have to win as would not want to go into the cup game on three game losing run. Shinnie is back along with Christie which should improve the middle of the field with O'Connor and Nwakali dropping out. Would be tempted to give Rogers a run instead of Woodman as he has not impressed so far.

In if on

Work then train to Motherwell

Away end

Train back to the capital

1-1 Rooney

It'll be a back to the walls performance, but if means 3 points, I'll take it.

Woodman

Logan

Arnason

McKenna

Shinnie

O'Connor

McLean

McGinn

Christie

GMS

Rooney

Time for Considine to finally be dropped. I don't blame the guy remotely & he's tried to improve himself year after year, but let's face it, he's not good enough & hasn't been for a while now. I appreciate there are others needing dropped but we don't have the squad to make wholesale changes. The Considine dilemma is solely down to our manager and recruitment team for failing to play our proper LB in his natural position and for failing to replace Considine in general if Shinnie is now a midfielder full stop.

Motherwell started the season brightly enough and seem to found a bit of form again after losing Moult, Main is getting good reviews, so we will have to battle again no doubt and hope some individuals carry us through to the 3 points. Can't see it though I'm afraid, I reckon Motherwell will come out the traps and our arse will collapse.

Out

2-1 Home win ( McGinn with ours )

It'll be a back to the walls performance, but if means 3 points, I'll take it.

Woodman

Logan

Arnason

McKenna

Shinnie

O'Connor

McLean

McGinn

Christie

GMS

Rooney

You've dropped Considine but in all honesty I'd also drop Woodman, Logan and O'Connor from that starting line up.

Problem is, as has been mentioned previously in other threads, who to replace them with.

I am feeling a lot of negativity towards Aberdeen from our fans after the Celtic defeat.

The Dons lost every game to them last season but the outrage was nothing compared to this time.

Anyway of subject.

Aberdeen will come steaming back and dominate this match.

Motherwell 0 Aberdeen 3.

Will be watching the demise of Motherwell on live TV ( If The Beast from the East eases up)

I am feeling a lot of negativity towards Aberdeen from our fans after the Celtic defeat.

The Dons lost every game to them last season but the outrage was nothing compared to this time.

Anyway of subject.

Aberdeen will come steaming back and dominate this match.

Motherwell 0 Aberdeen 3.

Will be watching the demise of Motherwell on live TV ( If The Beast from the East eases up)

Admittedly, this does appear to be the case, however, I think last season, everyone subconsciously accepted that Celtic were having a fairly remarkable season in that they were beating everyone domestically, with relative ease, it was Rodgers' first season and he recruited fairly well, Sinclair & Dembele seemed to stand out, Armstrong, MacGregor & Forrest all dramatically improved.

This season it has been pretty obvious that they are nowhere near as good, and on Sunday we let them completely dictate the game, in the opening 10 minutes we had everyone in our own half allowing them to dominate the ball, we did not press high up the pitch or put their keeper under any duress. They were there for the taking and McInnes' ineptitude prevailed yet again. Also, look at our performances and results againt der Hun, wholly unacceptable. Just my opinion mind.

You've dropped Considine but in all honesty I'd also drop Woodman, Logan and O'Connor from that starting line up.

Problem is, as has been mentioned previously in other threads, who to replace them with.

To be fair CvB, I did explain that more changes were needed, but we don't have the personnel to do so, maybe Rogers in for Woodman, but I honestly don't see a massive difference between the two, although Rogers was hardly given a proper opportunity. 

I don't believe for a second that Rogers is better than Woodman.

Maybe he is not better, but he sure as hell deserved a chance to show us what he could do over the course of 6-10 games. If we had signed an experienced keeper to replace him with then fair enough as that's what DM wanted, but another young keeper was just another kick in the balls for our youth system.

Another fucked up bit of thinking from our manager.

anybody proffering mclean and o connor as a CM pairing needs their head read, unfortunately our best lb needs to play due to managers horrendous recruitment, put harvie in as lb lesser of 2 evils

I would be surprised if Arnie starts again, not that I don't want him ahead of O'Connor, but he must have shat in DMs Cornflakes, as he hasn't had a lot of game time, so expect to see O'Connor alongside McKenna for this one, with Christie and Shinnie back in midfield. I cannot see Harvie starting again this season, so Considine will be in the usual place.  Bar McKenna our defence has been honking this season.

I watched the Motherwell Dundee game on Alba and Dundee played them off the park, but Motherwell still managed to escape with 3 points. I imagine we will do the same to them tomorrow. McInnes will ensure we strive for the three points tomorrow.

I'm guessing that DM believes Arnie cannot play 2 games in under a week so have no doubt AOC will start alongside McKenna. Shinnie will go straight back into midfield and Christie will replace Nwakali with McLean dropping deeper.

Still think a weather postponement would be a good thing

Just checked forecast for tomorrow in Motherwell.

Heavy snow showers from early afternoon through to kick off time and temperature at kick off is forecast to be -5 degrees. Hopefully do the sensible thing and call it off in the morning ahead of anyone starting journey.

Maybe he is not better, but he sure as hell deserved a chance to show us what he could do over the course of 6-10 games. If we had signed an experienced keeper to replace him with then fair enough as that's what DM wanted, but another young keeper was just another kick in the balls for our youth system.

Another fucked up bit of thinking from our manager.

Yes, I absolutely 100% agree. We've kept on to Rogers, loaned him out over the past couple of seasons, surely that was because he was seen as a potential number 1. You take him back into the fold to sit on the bench as cover, then when that cover is required you bring somebody in and shite all over him.

If I was him I would be absolutely fucking livid. If he isn't capable of stepping up to the plate then don't have him warming the bench, it's an absolutely fucking ridiculous state of affairs.