Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Post-split fixtures

Lencarl

Sevco could be handed a major boost in their quest to finish best of the rest this season.

The Light Blues will have faced all of their top-six rivals at home this season, meaning they could play two of them three times at Ibrox.However, they would be due two home games after the split meaning they could face either of their rivals three times at home this season and just once away.

Could someone in the know explain to me how these post split fixtures work?

Thanks.

Oh...I forgot to add I hate the top six split.

Get rid....

They try to ensure every team post split achieves a 19/19 home/away split of games. However not always possible and it is the lowest ranked team based on previous season who would suffer an 18/20 split should it not be possible to get everyone a 19/19 split. In this instance it would be most likely Hibs to suffer this season, we had it a few seasons back.  Bizarre circumstances this season where sevco should be due to play 4 or even all 5 of the teams post split away from home. But to get 19/19 they will need to play 2 of those teams at home a third time. Obviously there is no way it will be Celtic and with us likely to be rivalling sevco for 2nd and 3rd place it won't be us either.

As Hibs are going to be the lowest ranked of the top 6 (barring a bizarre collapse) we can be sure they will be one of the teams to suffer a 3rd trip to Ibrokes. As it stands it looks like its going to be either Motherwell or Killie who take 6th place. If it is Motherwell, then its no problem they would be due to visit sevco to even up the 4 matches but if it is Killie this is where the controversy would arise. I suspect it would be Killie who would end up facing a 3rd trip to Ibrokes based on last season's league placings but it isn't inconceivable that it could be Hearts who end up going there a third time. The SPFL will doubtless have their fingers crossed it's Motherwell who finish in 6th spot.

They try to ensure every team post split achieves a 19/19 home/away split of games. However not always possible and it is the lowest ranked team based on previous season who would suffer an 18/20 split should it not be possible to get everyone a 19/19 split. In this instance it would be most likely Hibs to suffer this season, we had it a few seasons back.  Bizarre circumstances this season where sevco should be due to play 4 or even all 5 of the teams post split away from home. But to get 19/19 they will need to play 2 of those teams at home a third time. Obviously there is no way it will be Celtic and with us likely to be rivalling sevco for 2nd and 3rd place it won't be us either.

As Hibs are going to be the lowest ranked of the top 6 (barring a bizarre collapse) we can be sure they will be one of the teams to suffer a 3rd trip to Ibrokes. As it stands it looks like its going to be either Motherwell or Killie who take 6th place. If it is Motherwell, then its no problem they would be due to visit sevco to even up the 4 matches but if it is Killie this is where the controversy would arise. I suspect it would be Killie who would end up facing a 3rd trip to Ibrokes based on last season's league placings but it isn't inconceivable that it could be Hearts who end up going there a third time. The SPFL will doubtless have their fingers crossed it's Motherwell who finish in 6th spot.

Thanks...... that clears that up then :laughing: :laughing:

• 1 month later...

Celtic now one game away from the title. As The Rangers are not allowed to play them in two weeks time I wonder which team will get the honour to play Celtic  at Parkhead and join in the party. I don't know if Aberdeen have to play The Tims away in this stupid split. :confused:

Our games are set in stone as I said before.........home to sevco, Fartz and the spoonburners..........away to killie and the dhims.

As I predicted over on the Hat ( and got dogs abuse for from arseholes who believed that the cheeks would play each other in the first round of games) I think they will send us to Porkheed in the first round of games as celtic still theoretically have something to play for. The SPFL will do everything they can to assist sevco to come second in the league so will not want us facing a Celtic side who are already champions and can put out a side of largely squad players.

I also think we will be at home to sevco final game of league season.

Celtic's Brendan Rodgers thinks the Scottish Professional Football League should embrace rather than avoid a possible title decider against Rangers. "I think it's sad for Scottish football and it's sad for society in Scotland," Rodgers said. "In probably any other country in the world, they would look to play the game and showcase your football and country on telly - whether it was Real Madrid v Barcelona, Manchester United v Manchester City or AC Milan v Inter. "But, for some reason, we can't do that here which is a sad indictment of the world that it is here at times."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43689821

His club are a part of the reason that Scottish football is in such a sad state.

Stuart McCall said he understands Brendan Rodger's wish for Celtic to face Rangers with the chance to win the league but reckons the SPFL would be right to avoid the scenario."I just briefly saw Brendan's comments," he said. "I get totally what he's saying and you see across the world you shouldn't let that affect you but there's no doubt it would be a powderkeg. "Whether that's detrimental to Scottish football or not, that's a fact."We saw what happened last time when Rangers won it at Celtic so if they could avoid it then I think it would be common sense to do so.

Everthing that Sevco and Celtic do is detrimental to Scottish football. To have the SFA/SPFL do everthing in their power to help Sevco claim second spot is detrimental to Scottish football.

How this corruption in our game is allowed to go on is beyond believe.

Why the fuck did they not just schedule it as the last game of the split then!!

Beggars belief that they canny work this out!! Also when the "computer" first generated the fixtures how come they ended up playing everyone at Ibrox twice - the only surprise in the Top 6 is Killie so this was always gonna be an issue!!

I know it gets tedious but...

Arguably, Scottish football's biggest selling point and biggest embarrassment is the Old Firm fixture. The people tasked with marketing our game want those outside Scotland to look just long enough to see the colour and hear the noise of the derby, but hope attention is elsewhere for the aftermath.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43699916

Almost embarrassed to post this link from the biggest hypocrite in Scotish football journalism and that's saying something.

Our so called football journalists and TV pundits have done nothing to stop the mess the game is in, they just keep quiet so as not to upset The Rangers and Celtic fans.

From the Sun.......

Cops have scrapped a possible Old Firm title decid­er over safety fears.

Top brass told footie bosses to delay the pla­nned April 21/22 clash for a week to stop yobs wreaking havoc if Celtic clinch seven-in-a-row against The Rangers.

What happens if Celtic lose their first game.

Will it be a roll over  :confused:

Given they have to play each other next Sunday I find it bizarre the press etc are still making out as if the police would ever have accepted having two OF matches in 7 days.

I'd like to think Rodgers is planning some devilment and will play his under 12s in the games leading up to whenever cockwomble and co decide to have their drinking session and then unleash a nicely rested full first team on murty & co. picking up the 3 points they need and then going on holiday

Still no release because of one fixture. Fucking shambles.

Instead of phoning each database entry selling them some bullshit about how £18 per month will help us challenge the scum, how about we actually challenge them? How about making a statement calling out this shite? Shite like this is why yer £18 will do fuck all to reduce the gap.

Probably the first and last time an article from the DR that makes sense:

For a start, stop saying this is a league decider. It’s not a league decider. The league is over. Celtic fans know they have won it, Rangers fans know Celtic have won it.

It’s hardly a game where everything is on the line. In fact, that’s comes on Sunday. A Scottish Cup semi-final, 50-50, everything on the line.

That’s a potentially more hazardous day than arranging a league game the following week. Secondly, as noted above, there seems to be this feeling it will add to the edge. Here’s what. Send Rangers to play Aberdeen because there is a chance both will drop points and make sure Celtic get their easiest game on paper to make sure they win so it’s done and dusted.

Not only does that deny us a potential Aberdeen v Rangers final-day shoot-out for second, it could change the dynamic of their games against Hibs. Rigging fixtures around just one game.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/idiot-minority-celtic-rangers-fans-12341691

I agree with everything that Craig Swan writes here  :thumbsup:

Fixtures about to be announced.......at last

Allegedly according to The Sun.

Only fixture dates they are quoting is celtic away to hibs on 20th and at home in last game of season to Killie.

Take it all eith a very large pinch of salt

Fixtures about to be announced.......at last

Allegedly according to The Sun.

Only fixture dates they are quoting is celtic away to hibs on 20th and at home in last game of season to Killie.

Take it all eith a very large pinch of salt

These are my predicted fixtures:

Aberdeen v Hearts

Aberdeen vHibs

Killie v Aberdeen

Celtic v Aberdeen

Aberdeen V The Rangers

Would be good to have Sevco at Pittodrie for second spot decider on the last game. On saying that the SPFL will be hoping that the runners up spot is decided long before this fixture so as not to upset the huns.

I may be wrong as per  :wave:

Suppose it is as good as we could expect from the SPFL.

Still very annoying that it took so long to appease The Rangers and their fans.

This sh*t has to stop by our Sevco loving idiots at the SFA/SPFL before the fans of the other clubs sort the matter out by themselves.

This sh*t has to stop by our Sevco loving idiots at the SFA/SPFL before the fans of the other clubs sort the matter out by themselves.

Pretty difficult when our own club don't bat an eyelid.

Anyway, reasonable fixtures. Only one 3pm home kick off left this season.

Pretty difficult when our own club don't bat an eyelid.

Anyway, reasonable fixtures. Only one 3pm home kick off left this season.

Is it really appeasing their fans?  It seemed like it came from higher above than that and haven't got the impression that their fans really gave a shit?

• 1 month later...
Lennon’s decision to let rip at his players following Wednesday’s defeat to Hearts has left his side stunned, hurt and angry.And now it remains to be seen whether the relationship between them can be repaired ahead of Sunday’s game with Rangers.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2629988/hibs-marvin-bartley-players-disappointed-neil-lennon-comments-celtic-rangers-wins-professional/

We may need some help from Hibs to grab that second spot. The hibs players could go all out to show Lennon he was wrong OR play crap just to piss off their manager.

He has lost the dressing room now I would imagine, he will be away Down South shortly.