Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V Celtic

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to get "a result", and a draw is not an acceptable target at home to anyone, we need good footballers and they need to be well motivated, inspired and managed. We don't have good enough footballers nor do we have a good enough manager. I don't give a fuck that St Johnstone got a 0-0 at the piggery. I don't give a fuck about St Johnstone. Every dog can have a day and whilst they have had a couple of draws against them this season, Hearts managed to thrash them, they've had a subsequent defeat and 61 points from a possible 81 proves that they're not invincible.

But in our loser mindsets, stemming from they very top, they are invincible. This is the best chance, after Zenit beat them up and their fans play brass bands, bass drums and some jazz funk ootside their hotel windie all night... but we still won't win at home.

Sorry lencarl, can’t say I share your optimism at all! The only positive about this game is that they will be without brown apparently. However us being without shinnie is the biggest issue. We don’t have tactical nous nor the bottle to beat them.

It’ll be a 4-0 win to them if we’re lucky.

Will we have Nwakali & McLean sitting again? Or will he play O'Connor & McLean?

Greg Stewart, for me, started to show a bit of form before he was dropped due to Niall McGinn's return, which is fine obviously as Niall has been a welcome return, but I kind of felt for Stewart, who'd started playing well in my opinion.

He will 100% start, as will McGinn & GMS. Question is, do we go Rooney or May up top? For me, Rooney will never have a more dismal half than he did vs Hibs and May might not be fit enough to start, but then again, he got a full half against Hibs so he might be okay.

I predict a run of the mil 3-4 to 0 defeat, and that would be the same whether Shinnie played or not. 

Will we have Nwakali & McLean sitting again? Or will he play O'Connor & McLean?

It's an interesting dilemma. More importantly, can anyone pick a team and tactics from our available squad that they think can beat the Tims this wikend? Belief isn't enough, we're way off them, and the midfield is a huge problem for Sunday. Do we have the personnel to press them? If so, who? I think that the only tactic could be to overload the midfield and kick them off the park and hope for a goal from a set-piece. The only bonus is their to trip to Russki in the week, but with Shinnie and Christie out and Nwakali being horse we've got a problem on our hands. That said, if we can utilise Nwakali's headless chickening higher up the park - out of the way - then we might manage to force some errors from their defence. If he sits deeper like he did against Hibs, we'll be utterly fucked. We could play Ball and hoof them about the place. I don't think Stewart is the answer and Wright seems to have died or something so we can't play McGinn centrally either.

I'll go for:

-----------------Freddie-----------------------

Logan----Arnason----McKenna----Considine

-----------O'Connor-----McLean--------------

McGinn----------Nwakali/Ball------------GMS

---------------------May-----------------------

I expect McInnes to shoe-horn Rooney and May in, in some fucked up manner that will allow them just to play the ball around is with ease.

The more I think about it, the more I am tempted to go with ( apologies in advance G Stewart )

Woodman

Logan

Arnason

Mckenna

Considine

O'Connor

Ball

McGinn

McLean

GMS

May

What you said about pressing higher up the park makes sense, and McLean is actually decent at harrying opponents and I'd rather he was further up the park, given his relatively decent shooting and creative side, than sitting back. Ball has also looked half decent in the last few cameo appearances he's made, I'd rather him than Nwakali  :confused: :confused:

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

I'd go with:

-----------------------Woodman----------------------

Logan----O'Connor----------McKenna---------Considine

------------------Ball-----------McLean--------------------

McGinn---------------Stewart-------------------------GMS

------------------------Rooney-----------------------------

It's more about approach than personnel for me.  Psychologically we need to take something out of this game to get a bit of a positive feel back into the team when facing the top teams, especially celtic.  If that means a stop start game, fouls on the halfway line, time wasting etc then personally I'd take that to get a point.

Trying to go toe to toe with celtic without Shinnie and Christie would be dangerous and I'd take a shitey 0-0 instead of a 0-4 hammering.  Some might call that negative but for me it is the pragmatic way to go about the game.  Last night's Wigan v Man City game was a case in point, fuck all possession but they got the job done.

I'd go with:

-----------------------Woodman----------------------

Logan----O'Connor----------McKenna---------Considine

------------------Ball-----------McLean--------------------

McGinn---------------Stewart-------------------------GMS

------------------------Rooney-----------------------------

We're fucked and with that defense we'd be fucked before half time.

Considine will be put to the sword as any half wit can see that we are shaky as fuck down the left. Add AoC into the mix and we're completely shite down the middle.

Ball, I'm sorry, in his last outing he was marginally less useless than Tansey was against the hun.

Having well and truly made a cunt of it against Hibs on Saturday I fully expect some Calderwood type tombola selection. The tims have to travel back from their Europa game on Thursday for this, even extra time and pens on a really heavy pitch wont be enough for us to give them a game.

Defeatist or realist? I'll leave that up to you.

In or Oot -  In

Furryboots - Mainer

Pre/Post - Driving

Prediction -  2 - 5  Considine x7

Woodman

Logan  Arnason  McKenna  Consi

Ball/Chidi  Stewart

Mcginn  McLean  GMS

May

Pittodrie boss Derek McInnes has already called on his men to show more hunger and fight than they did at Easter Road. Considine insists the Hoops will feel the force of a Dons backlash.

Considine, 30, said: “We want to show what Aberdeen can do when Celtic come calling, regardless if we have won, drawn or lost going into it. To get a result against Celtic shows how well a team is doing and we aim to do that. The Celtic game will be a real test of character.

I have every faith in the players to pull out a result in this game.

They will prove the doubters wrong and we will be closer to the hoops points tally come Sunday night.

The way to play Celtic is the long ball game with 2 strikers up front and defend until the final whistle, not Rocket Science

:thumbsup:

“We want to show what Aberdeen can do when Celtic come calling, regardless if we have won, drawn or lost going into it. To get a result against Celtic shows how well a team is doing and we aim to do that. The Celtic game will be a real test of character."

Canna beat a bit of fighting talk  :thumbsup:  Looking forward to a plucky 0 - 6 thrashing at the w/e  8)

Two 3-0 defeats so far this season and I cannot see this being any different. We just do not seem to have any clue how to beat this mob. Thought of Ball or Nwakali in the middle against this lot is frightening. Pub long before the end I fear.

In

Train then beer in town

Y

Beer then train back to Capital

0-3 no Dons scorer.

Please prove me wrong Dons.

In or Oot -  Oot

Furryboots - Swimming Pool

Pre/Post - Driving to Swimming pool / return journey.

Prediction -  1 - 5  :dunno: :dunno:

Complete and utter thrashing for us, McInnes to spend all of Sunday night untying Andy Considine from the granny knot the Smelly wingers have tied him in.

This has to be the most negative fans have ever gotten over these fixture(s).

Calderwood, at least, had us pushing the glasgae cunts and getting resullts.

Fuckng depressing, knowing your team are going to capitulate before a ball has been kicked..

Over to you Mr MacIneeesssss (sic) ?

This has to be the most negative fans have ever gotten over these fixture(s).

Calderwood, at least, had us pushing the glasgae cunts and getting resullts.

Fuckng depressing, knowing your team are going to capitulate before a ball has been kicked..

Over to you Mr MacIneeesssss (sic) ?

There’s just no point in getting exited about it anymore. We are a bunch of pussies against any of those counts now. This is how i used to feel under ebbe et al. At least in those days we were genuinely gash, but this team is capable of things, we’ve seen it, they just fail to deliver over and over again. That’s what makes it all the more frustrating. Thank fuck I’ll be sleeping.

I read somewhere that Aberdeen can do The Rangers a favour by beating Celtic on Sunday and helping their title challenge. Since Sevco managed to drag themselves level on points with us ALL the talk is about a title challenge from the scum. What we need is a Hearts win today followed by an Aberdeen result on Sunday.