Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

SC - Dons - Caravan dwellers

Decided to beat you lot to it this week ;)

Our old friends from down the road are coming to town on Sunday and it's live on Sky Sports. they're currently not on a great run of form, 5 wins from 10 (including cup) - having beaten Alloa in the last round 2-1.  Of the head to heads, we've won 6/10.

caravan_convoy%20(350%20x%20221).jpg

Not sure what to expect of them tbh be honest.  We should be ok and have more than enough to see it through, especially now we have Mcginn back.  Don't expect Arnason to be back alongside McKenna either.  Don't think AOC had a great game the other week but he didn't have much to do.

Out

Bed

Bed

Bed

1-0 Dons, McLean  ;D

In for this one, wasn't meant to be due to having other things to do, but have managed to put these off in order to go along.

All we should need for motivation is the article their manager wrote about us having it so easy for a long time as Hibs, Hearts and Rangers weren't in the league, such an easy league the jute cunts got relegated and boy how I laughed.

I would love it, Keegan style, if we hammered these cunts, hate them with a passion.

4-0 Rooney x 4

Most United fans I have spoken to are expecting to get hammered. Cannot say I disagree with them as long as we put in the same level of performance that we did against St Mirren in the last round.

In

Lift up the road then pub in town

Y

Club shop then lift down the road

4-0 Rooney x 2 McLean and McGinn.

For fans unable to attend the match at Pittodrie :

Sky Sports Football

Red TV International ( Folk living outside the UK )  :laughing:

Bein Sports 4 HD

Probable more streams available online.

Any idea what channel no. Sky Sports Football is?  I'll be trying to get our local sports centre to put it on (instead of the Manure game) but last time they we were on SSF they couldn't find it!

Can’t understand why we didn’t chuck on a couple of subs at 4-1 up with 30 minutes to go. Could have rested McGinn, or taken off Shinnie/McLean to put a bit more fight in the middle of the pitch, some fresh legs to keep the momentum going and keep them on the back foot.

They were there to be absolutely crushed.

Very sloppy performance after going up 2-0. Still, job done and good QF draw. Thought in the first half that we’ll miss Christie and McLean, pains me to say that about Kenny. To me he’s been a different player since signing in loan, really showing confidence and what he can do. Why didn’t we see more of this guy over the last couple of years? Rooney showed a few times how limited he is, got in situations where a more skilled and pacey player would have hurt utd. Painful to watch at times. Lastly, all I need to say is OConnor, good god. The sooner Devlin is fit the better.

Still, a win is a win.

Can’t understand why we didn’t chuck on a couple of subs at 4-1 up with 30 minutes to go. Could have rested McGinn, or taken off Shinnie/McLean to put a bit more fight in the middle of the pitch, some fresh legs to keep the momentum going and keep them on the back foot.

They were there to be absolutely crushed.

Totally agree, would like to have seen chidi given a good run, plus if we’re going to persist with Maynard give him 30 mins. Rooney was gash again, why not give him more of a run? Not saying Maynard is any good but if he’s the Rooney back up he needs the mins.

Good to get through to the QF,though we contrived to turn a potential Jute humiliation into something a bit more awkward,not helped by O'Connors honking distribution from defence

That aside,some good performances from Christie,McGinn and McLean ,...McKenna was solid once again,and the team as a whole pressed well.Rooney did so so,but think May will give us more options when fit.Even Stewart might be worth a run up front.Cant really see a huge difference in Woodman over Rogers tbh,but there you go.

As said,think a sub or 2 at 4-1 to get Chidi on,or a youngster maybe.

Job done but jings that was a cold walk back to the car.

Not the worst draw though for the next round.A toughie but winnable tie. COYR

Well that was cold.

Job done, but we didn't half make hard work of it in the second half.

Rooney scored a typical poachers goal for the opener, but his all round play outside the box is woeful, we all know what Rooney brings to the team, but DM must see something in him that none of us ever has.

O'Connor is a liability, if we haven't got a better centre back than him to play alongside McKenna then we have problems. Is Ball not capable of playing centre back?  He honestly couldn't be any worse, well he could, but I doubt it.  I am not convinced with Woodman either, I know it's early days, but just doesn't inspire confidence, but he has probably never played behind a liability like O'Connor.

Didn't think SHinnie deserved to be booked in the first half, but with Collum ref nothing should surprise us.

Has to be the worst Utd team I have seen, shame!  :rofl:

Bring on Killie

Well that was cold.

Job done, but we didn't half make hard work of it in the second half.

Rooney scored a typical poachers goal for the opener, but his all round play outside the box is woeful, we all know what Rooney brings to the team, but DM must see something in him that none of us ever has.

O'Connor is a liability, if we haven't got a better centre back than him to play alongside McKenna then we have problems. Is Ball not capable of playing centre back?  He honestly couldn't be any worse, well he could, but I doubt it.  I am not convinced with Woodman either, I know it's early days, but just doesn't inspire confidence, but he has probably never played behind a liability like O'Connor.

Didn't think SHinnie deserved to be booked in the first half, but with Collum ref nothing should surprise us.

Has to be the worst Utd team I have seen, shame!  :rofl:

Bring on Killie

I'd guess O'Connor will play the holding midfield role for the next 2 games with Arnason back in at CB otherwise Chidi would have been given 30mins at least today.  O'Connor, Arnason and Consi - not exactly blessed with pace!

I'd guess O'Connor will play the holding midfield role for the next 2 games with Arnason back in at CB otherwise Chidi would have been given 30mins at least today.  O'Connor, Arnason and Consi - not exactly blessed with pace!

I was thinking Ball would replace Shinnie, as he has had a bit of game time the past few games, but you never know with DM, we might end up with Maynard playing at centre half.

I was thinking Ball would replace Shinnie, as he has had a bit of game time the past few games

That was my thought too. I suspect Ball is our man for the next couple. Chidi clearly is the new Uchechi before he's getting no game time. The bench a huge worry today, nothing on it worth taking on. Wright injured, or just dropped? Maynard being used as the time-wasting sub is too good for him. We better get May back soon and hope that we stay relatively injury free for the rest of the season. The tims in a couple of weeks is going to be a shite-fest with Shinnie and Christie missing.

Anyway, GMS played well today which was good to see. Good warm up for his second hattrick against the HIVs next wik.

It was too cold to judge much today. Feel sorry for Rogers. Never been given a chance, his crime being youth.

Brilliant McLean goal. Such a good ball by Christie.

The majority of ours had short sleeves. McGinn, McLean and Christie were exceptions but that's insane letting them out there in bare arms. That alone was the difference between 5-0 and 4-2.